Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

Re: Godammed SDN

#11751 Post by Bakustra »

Damn, I thought it was serious

Djinnkitty83

#11752 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

The 'DW is an atheist equivalent to a fundy' bandwagon is a hell of a lot easier to keep going when, in the voter-disenfranchisement thread, he's all but saying there is a theist conspiracy behind common aphorisms.

Re: Red Dwarf: I always understood that line as "I'm using too many words to explain how you're being placed into your own pocket space-time continuum for a bit" and Lister's reply of "Oh, simple as that, eh?" is ambiguous to the point where he could either mean, "I have no idea what you're talking about, but am just accepting it to stop you trying to explain," or, "I've got the idea, you're just using way too many words to try to describe it". Lister trying to explain things to Cat later on in 'Stasis Leak' pushes me more towards the latter interpretation.

Aaron
El Duderino

#11753 Post by Aaron »

Well, he is a fair bit smarter then he initially appears.

Oxymoron

#11754 Post by Oxymoron »

For those interested, trawling my old HDD I just found the archive of the old "This Week on HPCA" from SDN

42 pages of mockery of stupid people
No.

Oxymoron

#11755 Post by Oxymoron »

I'll be linking the ZIP here in a few, the time for it to reach DropBox.
No.

Oxymoron

#11756 Post by Oxymoron »

Here it is :

"This Week in HPCA.zip" => http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/7389573/file.html
No.

Losonti Tokash

#11757 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man did they ban gands or what

Oxymoron

#11758 Post by Oxymoron »

SDN or HPCA ?
No.

Losonti Tokash

#11759 Post by Losonti Tokash »

hpca

Oxymoron

#11760 Post by Oxymoron »

I have no idea
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#11761 Post by RogueIce »

Phantasee wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
evilsoup wrote:hey what happened to the trollface smiley
I think Phant was finally butthurt about it enough and deleted it.
it's still there if you can remember the bbcode for it
:troll:

By George so it is.

Zod
perkele

#11762 Post by Zod »

i knew i made it easy to remember for a reason :troll:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#11763 Post by RogueIce »

Zod, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Image

Einhander Sn0m4n

#11764 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Then someone will bitch to have it removed completely :troll:

Losonti Tokash

#11765 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote::troll:

Akhlut

#11766 Post by Akhlut »

:psypop:

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11767 Post by adr-admin »

i wish there was like a moralitytropes.org that had a list of lists that i could use to categorize all morality related topics

Einhander Sn0m4n

#11768 Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Image
Derp it!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#11769 Post by RogueIce »

adr wrote:i wish there was like a moralitytropes.org that had a list of lists that i could use to categorize all morality related topics
Trope subverted!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11770 Post by adr-admin »

Truth In Morality

adr-admin
Site Admin

#11771 Post by adr-admin »

zomfg zomfg zomfg

Crowning Moment of Awesome Heartwarming
* two words: hobbes' leviathan

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#11772 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:Well, Lovecraft had it pretty well nailed. He went out of his way to point out that the things he wrote about weren't 'evil' in terms as most people viewed malignancy, they were just so far outside human comprehension, and humans figured so little on their own priority scale, that their actions, motives, and sometimes very nature seemed evil from a limited human perspective. Hell, he wrote a pretty nice essay on the nature of fear, and how the most pressing fear was that of the unknown. I can totally relate to his fear of the ocean, I admit to being a bit of a sensation junky and getting a kick out of the emotional rush that actual fear provides. One of the best 'fixes' I'd ever found was swimming to the middle of a small but surprisingly deep lake my grandparents used to live on, diving straight down as deep as I could get, and becoming promptly terrified at having pretty much all my senses cut off, with complete darkness below, only a slight murky gray/brown above, with maybe a few high-reaching fronds of underwater weeds brushing against me, and knowing there were lots of living things, some probably fairly large, below me in the darkness.

So yeah, take that and multiply it by the depth of the ocean, Lovecraft had something right there.
yes, this is a very visceral human reaction and its great for him to capture that

but while most people are horrified at this, there will be some jacques costeaus who will ride bathyscape and ballardospheres and nautilutriestes into the challenger deep abysses to discover wonderful great vistas of unknown and dead turkish pilots who crashed into the titanic or something and in feeling so small and in the dark and unknown, these people actually find it exhilarating and beautiful and magnificent

as oxymorons said

but all lovecraft focuses on is blargh scaaary oceans zomg my grandma might be welsh i married a jewess (to be fair these were great horrer stories)

to be fair, he was writing horrer and not some discovery channel documentary into bizarre shit

and he was a wimp so yeah

so this is where i find alejandro jodorowsky's alternative views on weird ass strange shit awsum

he can do freaky ass weird ass weird, but he can also do beautiful stuffs

its a spectrum

for lovecraft life is a tunnel with black light at the end

while for the jodonizer life is a cosmic symphony

what a shit metaphoor

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTMQ643iYwU

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#11773 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

hmm....

yeah i got it

lovecraft was a shut in racist pedantic inhibited neuroses-ridden fearful insecure guy afraid of lotsa things

yes he wrote great horrers that influences us all

but what he is as a person is reflected in what he wrote

a lot of his characters are pretty stiff too

and you can see in a way, his view on life, in what he wrote

he was afraid of life and all its vast hugenesses, or afraid of life and lives and things that were outside of his scope and his conceptions

and this works good cause this resonates with something basic in all peoples and why we're afraid of the ocean and big things beyond us

compared to jodorowsky, lots of people might diss him for his ridiculous eastern spiritualisticism mumbo jumbo, but this guy is totally not a dour inhibited guy who's locked in his basement and all busy nitpicking and whatevering whatever quibbles are bothering his brain

this is some weirdo guru who does LSD, who travels the world and talks with all sorts of weirdos, and who submerges himself in all sorts of freaky deaky bullshit from similarly weird and stupid and ridiculous senseis and spiritual lunatics from the edges of sanity

while lovecraft is afraid of seafood and all queasy and wimpy and dorky, you've got jodorowsky travelling the world and having a foodtrip eating metaphorical metaphysical psychospiritual equivalents of balut eggs and bulls testicles and other weird crazy delicacies

their themes or whatever are both about similar subject matters - strange ass cosmic shits that mang can't fathom at all - yet the way they tackle them is radically different because on their own different perspectives as different human beings

it works too since human beings would react differently when they encounter these scenarios, because we all see the world in so many different ways

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#11774 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Number of people surprised Vashon would get booted=0

PS Why the fuck were y'all dancing around the fact that the chick you were talking about on page 4 of the HPCA thread was :duchess:?

Gands

#11775 Post by Gands »

Oxymoron wrote:I have no idea
I realised that much of HPCA is repeating itself.

There'll be a new thread within the hour.