Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#1251 Post by Flagg »

What's funny is that Wong will probably parachute in and call everyone arguing against Captain I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP a moron.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#1252 Post by Zod »

The bad joke is I don't even like guns that much and it's been about 15 years since I've shot one.

Flagg

#1253 Post by Flagg »

The worst joke is that I'm pretty pro-gun control myself. I just cannot abide fucktards shitting up what could have been a decent thread.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1254 Post by adr-admin »

random question: do you guys know of a store where i can buy a scythe? i checked the home depot and they don't have them so my hopes are pretty low now

i want one to use when mowing my lawn

Zod
perkele

#1255 Post by Zod »

adr wrote:random question: do you guys know of a store where i can buy a scythe? i checked the home depot and they don't have them so my hopes are pretty low now

i want one to use when mowing my lawn
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... rds=scythe

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1256 Post by adr-admin »

i always forget that amazon sells more than just books and movies. thx.

Oxymoron

#1257 Post by Oxymoron »

" What ya doin', Death ? "

" I'm waiting for my new scythe to come through the mail. "
No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1258 Post by adr-admin »

lol they make robotic lawn mowers now too. set up a perimeter wire and then let it go do its thing automatically.

but i like the low tech stuff. i have a push reel mower that i use for most the lawn. it cuts grass really well and is relatively quiet. still kinda loud if you ask me but not remotely as noisy as those electric or even worse, gasoline powered ones, and of course the manual one has a lot of other advantages over them too: fumes, maintenance cost, vibrations, environmentalism etc., without being significantly harder to use (in fact i think it is easier to use!)

but there is one problem with it: some of the plants grow too tall for it. as the front of the mower hits them, it pushes the stems down. if it is long enough, it stays pushed down, under the blades, and thus doesn't actually get cut

right now i'm going back and snipping them by hand, but that's a huge pain. a scythe however should be able to cut them very easily from the standing position, so once i become accustomed to it that should make the task very fast and painless, while remaining very quiet

Oxymoron

#1259 Post by Oxymoron »

as long as what you have to mow is just a tiny front lawn or whatever, and not a full 1500 square meter of savage prairie...
No.

Flagg

#1260 Post by Flagg »

Jub might be the stupidest new member of SDN since Cockula.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1261 Post by adr-admin »

i have somewhere in the ballpark of 700 square meters of lawn if i'm doing the math right and it isn't too bad.

though i prolly wouldn't want to use it for a really big field. that'd take fucking forever. the riding mowers or the tractor towed things have their jobs to do, but the gas powered push mower is just a waste if you ask me. you're still walking it, still doing the same number of passes as with the manual mower (mine has a 20 inch blade, and most gas/electric mowers have blades between 20 and 24 inch). the manual one takes more push... but it also weighs less and shakes less so, well you're mileage may vary, but i find it easier and i'm sure even if you find it harder to use, it won't be by much

a scythe is prolly a lot harder than these push mowers, but i'm just planning to use it for what the other thing misses (which isn't a lot) so i'm not concerned

something idk about yet is the snow tho. i was planning to just use a traditional shovel, but my dad thinks this walk is going to be too long for that based on hte internet pictures and i think he might be right

take a gander this is from bing map's aerial view (not nearly as good as bird's eye view btw but easier to scale) with the scale clumsily cut+pasted on

i'm on the corner and it has a bit of a round turn in it, so i'm prolly looking at about 50, maybe 60 meters of sidewalk, and i might want to keep the driveway clear too, at least a little bit so i can get my bike out easily

at my parent's house i'd shovel by hand, but it was closer to 20 and we'd often work it together, so this is going to be significantly harder.

i really don't want a snowblower though. i've never used one and besides my carbon footprint is high enough as it is over the winter

but i found this on the internet: http://www.wovel.com/

that looks fucking brilliant. i might just buy one.

Flagg

#1262 Post by Flagg »

starku wrote:I'm jut going to start cut and pasting KING ADAM THE GREAT's sperg posts onto a crank blog
You read my fucking mind. :lol:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1263 Post by adr-admin »

i'd read it

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1264 Post by Count Chocula »

Flagg wrote:Jub might be the stupidest new member of SDN since Cockula.
I see we're back to the "fuck you!" mode of interaction. Good to know.

SDN is not a place I would associate with the idea of knowledgeable discourse on gun handling or control.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1265 Post by Darth Fanboy »

There are literally people on that board who think being in proximity to a gun diseases the mind and breaks the spirit, one of whom thought it was abusive for children to see videos of guns (from the dad shoots up laptop thread a while back).

And no they will not use any reasonable argument, and also Simon Jester shows up to make bad threads worse from time to time.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1266 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Count Chocula wrote:I see we're back to the "fuck you!" mode of interaction. Good to know.
Back? You assume Flagg ever abandoned that approach.

Flagg

#1267 Post by Flagg »

Count Chocula wrote:
Flagg wrote:Jub might be the stupidest new member of SDN since Cockula.
I see we're back to the "fuck you!" mode of interaction. Good to know.

SDN is not a place I would associate with the idea of knowledgeable discourse on gun handling or control.
It's not personal. I just think you're an idiot. :yarr:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#1268 Post by Flagg »

Darth Fanboy wrote:There are literally people on that board who think being in proximity to a gun diseases the mind and breaks the spirit, one of whom thought it was abusive for children to see videos of guns (from the dad shoots up laptop thread a while back).

And no they will not use any reasonable argument, and also Simon Jester shows up to make bad threads worse from time to time.

Yeah, I'm lukewarm on guns, but some of the shit posted there by people who have probably never even seen a gun unholstered in person is laughably I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#1269 Post by Zod »

Flagg wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:There are literally people on that board who think being in proximity to a gun diseases the mind and breaks the spirit, one of whom thought it was abusive for children to see videos of guns (from the dad shoots up laptop thread a while back).

Yeah, I'm lukewarm on guns, but some of the shit posted there by people who have probably never even seen a gun unholstered in person is laughably I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP.
i'm just baffled at the idea that removing guns is going to somehow make all the bad things go away

i mean come on the underlying root of crime might just be a little more complicated than having a weapon

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1270 Post by Count Chocula »

Flagg wrote:It's not personal. I just think you're an idiot. :yarr:
OK then, you just keep on thinking that if it makes you happy. Cheers! :quack:
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Zod
perkele

#1271 Post by Zod »

i feel a need to add that apartment hunting is dildos

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1272 Post by Phantasee »

That wovel is pretty sweet

That's a really long drive, if you don't use a car though it shouldn't be too big of a problem, but then it's probably a good idea to clear it in case of emergency and it's probably going to fuck up drainage in the spring if you haven't cleared it away from the house. You would have to look at the grading to be sure, and I'm not really sure how much snow y'all get in a typical winter.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1273 Post by adr-admin »

Zod wrote:i'm just baffled at the idea that removing guns is going to somehow make all the bad things go away

i mean come on the underlying root of crime might just be a little more complicated than having a weapon
check this shit out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapons_effect

the research isn't really convincing but it shows there might be something there

i've also seen ppl say that the gun culture and the generally violent culture that feeds into murder might be connected. there are a lot of countries with more guns than america and less violent crimes, so it isn't simple cause and effect, but the idea is maybe if we attack the idea of gun rights we can break into the underlying culture too

though i rather suspect MEDICARE FOR ALL would have a bigger impact by helping take stress out of people's lives and stuff but maybe that's just me grinding my old political axe again

Zod
perkele

#1274 Post by Zod »

adr wrote:there are a lot of countries with more guns than america and less violent crimes, so it isn't simple cause and effect, but the idea is maybe if we attack the idea of gun rights we can break into the underlying culture too
You don't even have to go that far really. Just do a state by state comparison of gun ownership with violent crime, and you find that states with the highest rates of gun ownership don't have the highest rates of violent crime.

I'll grant there's probably some effects of gun culture, but it seems like kind of a joke to say there's an inherent link to ownership and violent crime rates. Might as well try and say there's an inherent link between knife ownership and stabbings.

Oxymoron

#1275 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, you can't stab without knives, right ? :fukyu:
No.