videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: videojuegos

#1476 Post by RogueIce »

Oh that's what it is. Ok.

Good thing I don't write fanfiction involving pilots who have to retard the throttles. :v

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1477 Post by Darksi4190 »

Wow. Is the filter context sensitive? That's impressive.

Stofsk

#1478 Post by Stofsk »

No the only word that's in the filter is retard-ed, which is more commonly used as a perjorative descriptor for things it shouldn't be used as a perjorative descriptor for.

Retard isn't filtered, probably because it has multiple meanings that depend a great deal on context that a filter wouldn't really be useful.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1479 Post by RogueIce »

Either that or people saying "you're a retard" wasn't as much a thing as people saying "that's retard-ed" (or variations thereof) when whoever-it-was stuck it in there.

But in any event, Stofsk is correct in that it's only the -ed form that got filtered. I sincerely doubt phpBB's software is that sophisticated.

Bounty

#1480 Post by Bounty »

Talking about retarding your spark plugs would be a bitch if the filter was that eager.

Just restarted the Shadow Warrior remake. It's nice to play a game that rewards a bit of exploration and has a combat system with some variety. The first time I played it I gave up after a while because the shotting got same-y, now I realise that's because the magic katana KICKS ASS for anything not flying.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Oxymoron

#1481 Post by Oxymoron »

"Fallout Shelter" is an okay mobile game.

And by that I mean that I've spent most of my time on it these last two days.
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1482 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Picked up Skyrim Legendary Edition for PC. Imagine my surprise that Colonel Saul Frakking Tigh (Michael Hogan) voiced a character.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1483 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I ditched my PS4 back in June but I recently picked up an XBox One. Loads better than the former. Better media playing experience, better dashboard, better online gaming, better exclusives, etc. The Master Chief collection was the main selling point for me and holy hell is it awesome. I never experienced co-op gaming before so playing though the Collection with a friend makes it more funner.

Any game recommendations on the platform? I do have the Gears of War Ultimate Edition, but I'm not completely sold on playing it.

Crazedwraith

#1484 Post by Crazedwraith »

So half a year later, I restarted Me1 as a vanguard on ps3, so i could play through all three as one. And have played though to hit the open world map. Decided to play a sidemission in the mako and bam. Geth ambush, dead. Seriously either I suck at games or ME1 is harder than the later games. which is kind of the opposite of what I've heard.

and considering I've maxed out my charm as much as i can for my level. I don't seem to be hitting many charm checks on the citadel side quests.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Stofsk

#1485 Post by Stofsk »

You only need max charm for one particular moment on Feros. Otherwise you can get by with... I think 10 or even less. The same moment can be done with an intimidate at 10. AFAIK no intimidate check needs anything higher than 10.

ME1 is 'harder' in certain respects, because if you're not careful you can get one-shotted by snipers. Plus enemies will pop immunity on the harder difficulties, which makes fights last longer than they should.

Vanguard is also not a great class to play in ME1. In terms of combat, the soldier and infiltrator are better. In terms of control nothing beats the adept. I know it picks up in ME2 and 3 and becomes fun, but in ME1 it's more of a challenge class that doesn't bring a lot to the table.

Crazedwraith

#1486 Post by Crazedwraith »

Getting the hang of it aside from some fights where I just die and die. Noticing the copy and paste of the side quest locations. The same mine/warehouse/underground bunker keep popping up.

Going to be weird if I do port the character to ME2 and suddenly much fewer upgrade/guns/skills and there's only one cool down timer.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1487 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I picked up Gravity Rush Remastered the other day and found time to finish it. Despite being flawed it was extremely charming and had a lot of really fascinating mystery built in. While it left many of its questions unanswered, I didn't feel like that was an issue: it was just a little more tantalising.

Really looking forward to the sequel.

joviwan

#1488 Post by joviwan »

Superhot is stylish, slick, flashy, and fun; a great experience that adds a lot to FPS design and ideas, or at least iterates on previous ones to great effect

It's also painfully short and criminally overpriced. You can complete the narrative content inside the steam-return window of opportunity.

Oxymoron

#1489 Post by Oxymoron »

Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and the 13 Trilogy are at 50% discount on steam this weekend.

Should I consider getting some of them?

I already have 3 on Nintendo DS, and FF7 for PC from the Square Enix store (edit: actually, no, those fuckers won't allow me to download the game I paid for, fuck those assholes).

Was considering maybe picking up 6. Thoughts?
No.

Oxymoron

#1490 Post by Oxymoron »

Also, not videogames, but games nonetheless...

Really really interesting sale going on right now for the Pathfinder RPG on the Humble Bundle right now => https://www.humblebundle.com/books/paiz ... bookbundle

Thinking about leaving 20 bucks to get all that sweet swag...
No.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1491 Post by adr »

of them i've played 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

i actually like 7 and 8 more than 4 and 6 (heresy i know), but 4 and 6 are pretty good anyway.

4 i only played once and it went kinda fast, i liked it but didn't love it.

6 i also only played once but want to go through it again when i can find the time, i think it is better than 4.

and 5 i never actually finished, tbh
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1492 Post by RogueIce »

As games, I've played 4, 6, and 7. I would heartily recommend them all. As PC ports...

4 is a very well done one. The 3d graphics are rather primitive but they work, and there's some nice cutscenes with voice acting. I would certainly pick it up.

7's PC port, from what I hear, wasn't so hot. I don't know if what they have on Steam is any better. But I guess there are mods out there for it so I dunno. I still have a working PS2 and the original PS1 discs, even a memory card floating around so I've never bothered. There's also the HD remake to consider, though there's always merit in engaging with the game as it originally was before Square adds a whole bunch of shit to it.

6's PC port is...eh. The graphics update really wasn't done as well as it could have been. Read this for more on that. Not sure how the gameplay and music has been affected, although I know past updates of FF6 really butchered the musical quality. But there may be mods for that.

For my money, I would not hesitate in recommending FF4 for the PC, while for FF6 and FF7, if you want to play them, seek out means to "acquire" a "digital version" of the SNES and PS1 versions, and the means to "play them" on your PC. Also a random smilie for no reason whatsoever honest: :yarr:

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1493 Post by adr »

oh yikes yea, i've only played the originals, never the pc versions.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Ralin

#1494 Post by Ralin »

I've played almost to the end of the Android port of Final Fantasy IV DS and it's quite nice and of good quality.

This is in stark contrast to what I've seen and heard of other SquareEnix mobile ports. Chrono Trigger looks like -crap- on my phone and tablet, as does Dragon Quest VI. For Dragon Quest IX some GENIUS decided to cut out the voice acting, which is basically like watching Avatar in 2D. In addition to all the problems that article mentions about the FF VI port it also apparently was released with glitches that made the game unfinishable, though hopefully someone bothered to fix that.

Haven't kept track of the Steam ports and I don't know what if any similarities they have between them, but that doesn't bode well, all things considered.

Oxymoron

#1495 Post by Oxymoron »

Chrono Trigger on the Nintendo DS is pretty great tho

but yeah in the end didn't get anything because I have far too many games I'm not playing already
No.

Crazedwraith

#1496 Post by Crazedwraith »

ME1 Update (yeah old news all round): lvl 50 and spectre gear seems to rather break the difficulty curve to pieces on the game.

joviwan

#1497 Post by joviwan »

Welcome to Mass Effect: Infinite Chaingun.

Losonti Tokash

#1498 Post by Losonti Tokash »

the steam version of the ff7 port is good

though you need to break the hell out of it if you want to do any modding

Stofsk

#1499 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:Welcome to Mass Effect: Infinite Chaingun.
Yeah I try not to game it like that. I slap on some rail extensions and then just burst fire.

Or you could put on two frictionless materials and then use HE rounds. You'll still overheat but it's hilarious watching the physics damage to the dudes you shoot. :v

Crazedwraith

#1500 Post by Crazedwraith »

Saren proved almost a challenge as a geth ghost on steroids.

Now back to ME2 and trying to skip dialogue ive heard while not accidently pick dialogue.