Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Ralin

Re: Testing Episode IV: A New Lament

#676 Post by Ralin »

I do like all the indications that he's going to gut the EPA and all of the other eco-hippy organizations. Hopefully he also appoints an Attorney General who starts enforcing federal marijuana laws with a vengeance.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#677 Post by adr »

let's just push the button we'd be better of dead
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Crazedwraith

#678 Post by Crazedwraith »

"better of dead"

?

okay I get what you meant to type.

???
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#679 Post by adr »

oh shi
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Crazedwraith

#680 Post by Crazedwraith »

And just like that he died and in accordance in his belief in The Church Of Picard was gloated at by Q.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Ralin

#681 Post by Ralin »

Good Hitler says that Trump is a badass like him and thinks that he's going to kill all the drug dealers in America.

Maybe this administration won't be so bad after all.

Bounty

#682 Post by Bounty »

For the first time since 2003 I'm going to physically protest something the US fucked up. Good job America, you made me care.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

The Spartan

#683 Post by The Spartan »

Are you protesting the Orange Menace in particular or something in particular that it's done?

Agent Bert Macklin

#684 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Bounty wrote:For the first time since 2003 I'm going to physically protest something the US fucked up. Good job America, you made me care.
King Kill 45.

For the reactionary types, here's the reference to my post: https://youtu.be/OC4AsVjIDBA

Bounty

#685 Post by Bounty »

The Spartan wrote:Are you protesting the Orange Menace in particular or something in particular that it's done?
Budget Alec Baldwin is visiting in March. The last time was the Iraq invasion.

The Spartan

#686 Post by The Spartan »

Ugh... sorry.

Just remember. Everything sucks and only he can fix it. Somehow....

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#687 Post by Big Orangutan »

I think the large minority of the Left have lost all perspective and control in the face of Trump's triumph, with their outlook becoming stagnant, too wedded to self-destructing capitalism, and arguably driving unnecessary wedges between different groups.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

evilsoup

#688 Post by evilsoup »

what the fuck are you talking about

Bounty

#689 Post by Bounty »

evilsoup wrote:what the fuck are you talking about
Title of his biography

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#690 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Milo and his ilk and all these edgelords represents clueless turds who want to have their shits and giggles. But, due to their utter ignorance or carelessness of/towards the sociocultural context, their shits and giggles end up being at the expense of people around 'em...

I did observe in private that a lot of this is because innately they think it doesn't matter, that their shit is harmless and impactless...

And that kind of reflects their own view towards their own agency. I think they think they lack any agency, thus they can't comprehend why they would have any impact on the rest of the world...

On the other hand at the same time... the reactions and results of their shits and giggles kind of actually affirms their agency and impact, so it's some soul-food to reassure them that they're not pointless irrelevant specks in the world... but it's an elaborate, intricate masquerade since their ironic bravado relies on the fact that they must not care for these things beneath them, even though their shits and giggles are dependent on the impact and agency of their ignorant juvenile 15-year-old-fartjoke-style humor.

That is one huge facet of the "humor" of these dysfunctional forsaken people. As a friend said, the humor itself is "not even about completing any of the steps that humor theory considers vital components of a joke" "It's about telegraphing to members of an in-group that you share the same worldview, and provoking a pavlovian, mirthless laugh in response" "Edge signalling is where humor goes to die"

So edge signalling, these Derision Displays for shockjock value, are just... reaffirmatory soul-food for these sad turds who are, IMO, getting stratified by the social and material conditions I've mentioned in the immediate preceding posts AND the other posts before that.

If there is a "spiritual apocalypse" - or some kind of memetic desertification - then we are seeing the emergence of despondent War Boys who want to paint themselves shiny and chrome craving the attention of some phantasmagorical Immortan Joe conjured by consensus, performing shockjock feats that are actually MEDIOCRE.

The Spartan

#691 Post by The Spartan »

I swear. This administration is like watching a slow-mo train wreck crash into a train wreck.

That was caused by a train wreck.

Ralin

#692 Post by Ralin »

In more uplifting news, Good Hitler has been providing the Filipino people with a healthier alternative to the Catholic Church by speaking to God directly and relaying it to the public. Turns out that God had a bunch of churches destroyed to send the message that their priests weren't deserving of God's mercy.

He's so awesome.

Ralin

#693 Post by Ralin »

Oh god.

They're making the Power Rangers gay.

The Spartan

#694 Post by The Spartan »

My fucking transmission is dead....

Bounty

#695 Post by Bounty »

Ralin wrote:Oh god.

They're making the Power Rangers gay.
To be fair the odds of having at least one LBGTQ+ character in a cast of five teenagers is non-negligible

see also: the blue ranger

Shroom Man 777

#696 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Ralin wrote:In more uplifting news, Good Hitler has been providing the Filipino people with a healthier alternative to the Catholic Church by speaking to God directly and relaying it to the public. Turns out that God had a bunch of churches destroyed to send the message that their priests weren't deserving of God's mercy.

He's so awesome.
what?

The Spartan

#697 Post by The Spartan »

I've been over the past few months having a recurring dream now and then. A bad one that's managed to worm its way into my waking thoughts.

In the dream, I'm in my last semester at university and I'm failing a course that I need for my degree and can't retake it because I've used up my allotted retakes and I can't fix it because I can't remember when/where the class is held. Consequently, dream me is dealing with all the stress and concern and worry about what to do with his life given that he's about to be denied a degree after years of work and tens of thousands of dollars of debt.

I still feel that tension at times even when I'm awake. Which is stupid given that I graduated and have been working as an engineer, unemployment notwithstanding, ever since.

Shroom Man 777

#698 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

wake up

Bounty

#699 Post by Bounty »

The Spartan wrote:I've been over the past few months having a recurring dream now and then. A bad one that's managed to worm its way into my waking thoughts.

In the dream, I'm in my last semester at university and I'm failing a course that I need for my degree and can't retake it because I've used up my allotted retakes and I can't fix it because I can't remember when/where the class is held. Consequently, dream me is dealing with all the stress and concern and worry about what to do with his life given that he's about to be denied a degree after years of work and tens of thousands of dollars of debt.

I still feel that tension at times even when I'm awake. Which is stupid given that I graduated and have been working as an engineer, unemployment notwithstanding, ever since.
Join the club. Dreams like this are very common and super freaky.

One I keep coming back to is that someone figures out I never finished secondary school or primary school so I need to come back for one or two subjects. Turns out gym sucks even when you're dreaming.

Ralin

#700 Post by Ralin »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: what?
http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/ ... t-humanity
Duterte said he would order every precinct commander all over the country to provide the priests a list of persons who are involved in drugs. He also claimed that the destruction of some churches in the country was a message from God.

“You know why God destroyed the churches? To show you that you are not deserving of his mercy,” he said.
They were trying to stop his holy war against drugs.

God I wish we had a president like him in America.