The Glue Factory

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: The Glue Factory

#1826 Post by RogueIce »

Episode 13 was awesome. And a Luna episode. Which is repeating myself, I know. :3

Ralin

#1827 Post by Ralin »

Big Macintosh is a princess now!

evilsoup

#1828 Post by evilsoup »

what
I've got to catch up on this show

Ralin

#1829 Post by Ralin »

He has wings and an apple tiara and his own Sailor Moon transformation sequence and everything

Oxymoron

#1830 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

Ralin

#1831 Post by Ralin »

I got an email from Patreon saying that backer raised their pledge to twenty five dollars a chapter because I haven't updated my TrixieMac fanfic in over a month.

The future is a strange place

Ralin

#1832 Post by Ralin »

God fucking damn it.

Okay, l finally got around to finishing League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And l just realized that Alan Moore
wrote Harry Potter using his penis as a wand to shoot lightning
years before I had Walker do it in Walker: Equestrian Ranger.

I am so pissed off right now.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1833 Post by RogueIce »

Season 5 has returned, with an excellent Rarity episode! Also an awesome song in it. And I must say, Luna Dress is Best Dress.

evilsoup

#1834 Post by evilsoup »

man I've really got to catch up with this show

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1835 Post by RogueIce »

Has anyone else seen Equestria Girls: Friendship Games yet?

Because it's pretty good. :flagg:

Oxymoron

#1836 Post by Oxymoron »

I have, and it is.

Sunset Shimmer yet again proves that she is the best developed character in the series.
No.

Ralin

#1837 Post by Ralin »

Really need to get ahold of it. Damned spotty wifi and firewall

Oxymoron

#1838 Post by Oxymoron »

regular firewall or The Great Firewall?
No.

Ralin

#1839 Post by Ralin »

Great Firewall

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1840 Post by RogueIce »

If you have even the tiniest smidgen bit of fan-love for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, you need to watch today's episode. That's all I'm saying.

Also, the most direct reference to the Apple Parents being dead thus far is made in this episode.

Crazedwraith

#1841 Post by Crazedwraith »

okau okay. i guess i'll catch up then. Now. Luna's episode. Very fun. Though the mane six's dream are rather superficial. Lots of fun in the later dream sequence and of course Luna getting over her issues.

Not actually the best episode. But it does provide a nice capstone to the dream episode series with her guiding the CMC and needing guidance herself.

Hopefully it opens the door to more Luna episodes exploring something different about her.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Crazedwraith

#1842 Post by Crazedwraith »

OMG! Rarity & Rainbow Dash episode. That's a rare combination.

eta: Okay, three rarity episodes though? This next one does treat us to best pony as her sidekick though.

Crazedwraith

#1843 Post by Crazedwraith »

That's what we get for a Big Mac episode? That? Now the concept is good. And the first and last scenes are good. Everything in between is just too cringe worthy for me.

Ralin

#1844 Post by Ralin »

I haven't seen it yet. I keep hearing that people are calling it transphobic, but I get the impression that's going off the idea that anything involving a man posing as a woman is transphobic.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1845 Post by RogueIce »

Ralin wrote:I haven't seen it yet. I keep hearing that people are calling it transphobic, but I get the impression that's going off the idea that anything involving a man posing as a woman is transphobic.
Probably.

Now granted I'm not an expert, need to check my privilege and so on. But yeah, it was cross-dressing humor. Nothing more, nothing less. Big Mac wasn't "uncomfortable in his body" or anything like that. It was pretty standard "man tries to infiltrate women's competition by dressing up as woman" in this case because he desperately wanted Apple Bloom to see him in the same heroic light she views best pony Applejack Best Pony Applejack.

And the thing is, every single pony he came across saw through his disguise instantly (well except one clueless old fart who fell in love with his female disguise; again kind of standard gag there) and just didn't care. In fact turns out he didn't even need to bother dressing up but he didn't know that at the start, and it's not what made him ultimately lose the competition anyway.

Frankly I think it's imagined outrage but hey it's Tumblr so what do you expect? :v

Ralin

#1846 Post by Ralin »

See, the association of transgender women with "ugly man poorly disguised as a woman" is common enough that I CAN see the logic behind saying that any humor revolving around a male character dressing up as a woman is transphobic regardless of what the intent was.

Just...not really much to be done about that if you accept that. Can't exactly declare male cross-dressing and any humor relating thereto verboten, nor should that be an option. Other people's rights are not contingent on your feelings or well-being.

Crazedwraith

#1847 Post by Crazedwraith »

Okay, RogueIce, I'll give you this one. That is a beautiful episode for the CMC. Remarkable given how much attention it gives to Diamond Tiara. I thought the plot might be something like that when you mentioned her and thought it'd be hard to pull off but they managed it.

And of course it is fitting in a way given the title of the show that their last hurdle is that.

Crazedwraith

#1848 Post by Crazedwraith »

1) Friendship Games and Sunset Shimmer are awesome. And I like human!Twilight's look as well.

2) The more I think about brotherhooves social the more i want a proper episode devoted to Big Mac and Best Pony. I think they missed a trick by making 'yep' and 'nope' his only words barring 'OOC is serious business'. Or rather having that be the case when he's alone with the Apples. He was established in hearts and hooves day as very shy and that could have been followed up on him having him more chatty with the apples and clam up if anyone else was there. (in fact like he did talk in Applebuck Season)

Ralin

#1849 Post by Ralin »

Crazedwraith wrote:1) Friendship Games and Sunset Shimmer are awesome. And I like human!Twilight's look as well.
Sci Twi :colbert:

Finally saw it yesterday. Liked it, but really didn't like human Cadance's look

Oxymoron

#1850 Post by Oxymoron »

Bought my first piece of official pony merchandise

It's a Carrefour exclusive. They have this one one, and the whole Mane 6 Power Ponies, plus Spike.

If any of y'all is interested, I could ship it.
No.