Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
timmy

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#1201 Post by timmy »

thejester wrote:I remember where I was when Peter Brock died
Popped down to the corner shop for snacks. Saw news on telly there.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1202 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

i remember where I was when reiji and sei defeated meijin kawaguchi in the gunpla battle world championship

thejester

#1203 Post by thejester »

timmy wrote:
thejester wrote:I remember where I was when Peter Brock died
Popped down to the corner shop for snacks. Saw news on telly there.
and steve irwin

what a terrible week that was for australia

Flagg

#1205 Post by Flagg »

CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#1206 Post by evilsoup »

what is it with the hatred of Justin Bieber? I just don't get it

Veef

#1207 Post by Veef »

He's kind of a douche. More so than most celebrities.

also he's a one man boy band which threatens the masculinity of all males

Ralin

#1208 Post by Ralin »

I found him mildly amusing and relatively inoffensive until a friend linked me to a list of things he has done. Before then I'd only heard about the Anne Frank thing, which struck me as tactless but well intended

evilsoup

#1209 Post by evilsoup »

well OK, but the Anne Frank thing was well after loads of people started going on at him

Ralin

#1210 Post by Ralin »

evilsoup wrote:well OK, but the Anne Frank thing was well after loads of people started going on at him
I hadn't even heard of him before I saw a trailer for that movie about him, mind.

Also when the Anne Frank thing happened a rabbi who's an expert on her gave an interview where he more or less said that she probably would have been a huge Belieber.

evilsoup

#1211 Post by evilsoup »

ugh
some woman who runs a women's shelter on the radio, seems like exactly the kind of person who I should be nodding along to and agreeing with
but no, today they're talking about domestic violence against men, and she's spending so much time trying to minimise the problem
this isn't the first time it's happened either; the last time this program was talking about this, they had these four domestic vioence experts going on and on about how some male abusers pretend to have been hit by their victims in order to cover themselves... while they had a male survivor of an abusive relationship with a woman on the other side of the phone line

Oxymoron

#1212 Post by Oxymoron »

Isn't it it what they call "radical feminism" - IE actually sexism going the other way trying to present itself under a progressive veneer?
No.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1213 Post by Bakustra »

evilsoup wrote:ugh
some woman who runs a women's shelter on the radio, seems like exactly the kind of person who I should be nodding along to and agreeing with
but no, today they're talking about domestic violence against men, and she's spending so much time trying to minimise the problem
this isn't the first time it's happened either; the last time this program was talking about this, they had these four domestic vioence experts going on and on about how some male abusers pretend to have been hit by their victims in order to cover themselves... while they had a male survivor of an abusive relationship with a woman on the other side of the phone line
it's all about economic thinking. you wanna maximize the amount of limited dollars that goes to your program, so you diss others to increase this chance. then people invent stuff to try and avert this like intersectionality, but whoops! now you've turned it on its head and you're trying to make your shelter a shelter solely for black closeted lesbians now!!

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1214 Post by adr »

Oxymoron wrote:Isn't it it what they call "radical feminism" - IE actually sexism going the other way trying to present itself under a progressive veneer?
no
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#1215 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:i remember where I was when reiji and sei defeated meijin kawaguchi in the gunpla battle world championship
I do too. I was sitting there thinking 'man that was awesome. Especially the music.'

Dooey Jo

#1216 Post by Dooey Jo »

phongn wrote:
Dooey Jo wrote:after spending a weekend writing javascript, i conclude 95% of the errors i get are due to ridiculous things a proper language would catch at compile time, or the bizarre variable scope
Have you considered playing with TypeScript or Dart? Both of those languages compile to JS but have sane typing.
Nah, I haven't been doing basically any web development since like 2008, and they didn't exist back then. Seems a bit overkill for what I'm doing now, basically adding another step between writing and testing. Dart also appears to be a completely different language, which seems a bit pointless. I actually like Javascript in many ways. It's way neat.

I just wish writing stuff like
float x = y*y;
wasn't an error, even though "float" is a keyword for some reason.

And speaking of not doing web development for six years, I had the most shocking experience yesterday. I'm developing in Firefox 'cause traditionally that's where shit just works, and since it's just a bullshit test concept kind of thing I'm not going to care if it doesn't work in anything else. But I needed to test some client-to-client code and really needed another browser, so I fired up IE11 and prepared for the inevitable horror of seeing my beautiful design mangled to hell.
Instead I find it looks goddamn identical :wtc:
Intrigued, I pressed the "activate" button, and it worked without a hitch.

Huh.

I guess the standards are actually working now :psyduck:

tho i still think HTML5 is a piece of crap and refuse to leave tags unclosed, out of mercy for poor parsers that don't want to hardcode a doctype address or what tags can and can't be open. what a beautiful place the web could be if the new standard could say "pages with broken markup shall be refused to be rendered at all and an error message displayed instead".
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr

#1217 Post by adr »

Dooey Jo wrote: float x = y*y;
wasn't an error, even though "float" is a keyword for some reason.
my javascript inspired script.d allows that and auto just so I can copy/paste code between it and regular d easily enough lol
I fired up IE11 and prepared for the inevitable horror of seeing my beautiful design mangled to hell.
dude ie rox and has for like ever
tho i still think HTML5 is a piece of crap and refuse to leave tags unclosed, out of mercy for poor parsers that don't want to hardcode a doctype address or what tags can and can't be open. what a beautiful place the web could be if the new standard could say "pages with broken markup shall be refused to be rendered at all and an error message displayed instead".
closed tags are beautiful tags

BTW they did that refused to be rendered thing with xhtml

LOL

phongn

#1218 Post by phongn »

The whole damned Internet is engineered around Postel's Law, so expecting HTML to be any different is a faint hope. Plus it'd piss off too many people.

adr

#1220 Post by adr »

whelp no more weekly sister missionary visits at my house :( they said this isn't because of my crush, it is "kind of walking the line on rules"

of course i came to the same conclusion before even asking the first time which is (one reason) why i could barely believe they didn't say no right up front, so i graciously accepted my inevitable fate... por ahora

but it still makes me sad.

Ralin

#1221 Post by Ralin »

mr friendly guy wrote:The hypothetical proposed reminds me of an episode of Walker Texas Ranger where the death row inmate was really coerced by the real killer, who threaten to kill the inmate's family if he didn't take the rap. I am not going jump up and down until they had their day in court, but I must say the hypothetical is really far fetched.
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh it's working!

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1222 Post by Darksi4190 »

I think last sunday's Game of Thrones had the most brutally awesome death i've ever seen on T.V.

evilsoup

#1223 Post by evilsoup »

like a grape

Ralin

#1224 Post by Ralin »

Darksi4190 wrote:I think last sunday's Game of Thrones had the most brutally awesome death i've ever seen on T.V.
The more I think about it the angrier I get that they're changing things from the books to give Sansa more agency and wasting screen time on that which could be put to better use making Littlefinger look awesome and brilliant and pimping.

evilsoup

#1225 Post by evilsoup »

are people actually making complaints like that