POETRY SLAM

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.

???

left
27%
right
9%
you god-damn palmfucking donkeyfucker asshole fucking shit lmao concession acceptid
64%

Total votes: 11

Dooey Jo

Re: SLAM

#51 Post by Dooey Jo »

i also thought Ghostbusters was a documentary when i was a child who did not understand English nor jokes

then i grew up into a world full of humour but no proton packs
evilsoup wrote:be fair though, it looks like everyone else in that thread is telling this guy to fuck off
this is correct and good
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#52 Post by adr »

evilsoup wrote:
#5 Feminism for all its ups and downs has one major flaw: If women are allowed reproductive choice (especially ABSOLUTE reproductive choice) they will choose to delay, avoid or terminate pregnancies. being that we need 2.1 babies per woman just to Maintain the population.... where do you think this leads? Especially with an economic system DESIGNED around population growth?
be fair though, it looks like everyone else in that thread is telling this guy to fuck off
I think that's a good point though - it helps explain why the bourgeoisie are sexist too

just one piece of it but I think a valid piece
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

adr

#53 Post by adr »

Dooey Jo wrote:have you tried sperm instead?

it's cheaper so you can use more of it even if it is not as good
sweet i should try it

"this cake is amazing what's your secret"

:smug:

Stofsk

#54 Post by Stofsk »

Bakustra wrote:How on earth do you think that Ghostbusters is anything but a comedy
I think it treats the unspeakable terror of transdimensional godbeings crossing the distance to enter our world and gorge themselves at our expense the only way you can treat something like that

As a joke to stave away madness

timmy

#55 Post by timmy »

Dooey Jo wrote:then i grew up into a world full of humour but no proton packs
Pfft, for you maybe
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

The Spartan

#56 Post by The Spartan »

Stofsk, are you saying that Ghostbusters is a Lovecraftian comedy?

Stofsk

#57 Post by Stofsk »

:v

Basically, yes

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#58 Post by Bakustra »

Stofsk wrote:
Bakustra wrote:How on earth do you think that Ghostbusters is anything but a comedy
I think it treats the unspeakable terror of transdimensional godbeings crossing the distance to enter our world and gorge themselves at our expense the only way you can treat something like that

As a joke to stave away madness
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes!

evilsoup

#59 Post by evilsoup »

Ralin

#60 Post by Ralin »

evilsoup wrote:
#5 Feminism for all its ups and downs has one major flaw: If women are allowed reproductive choice (especially ABSOLUTE reproductive choice) they will choose to delay, avoid or terminate pregnancies. being that we need 2.1 babies per woman just to Maintain the population.... where do you think this leads? Especially with an economic system DESIGNED around population growth?
be fair though, it looks like everyone else in that thread is telling this guy to fuck off
I read that thread. Is he still not banned? I don't think I've checked it in awhile

Crazedwraith

#61 Post by Crazedwraith »

Still not banned though looking at the bright and colourful text of thanas here it may not be long.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

adr

#62 Post by adr »

hmm proof of military service again, i find it interesting how lying about that has come up a few times as a bannable offense. not only that it is a more serious lie than non-bannable lies and requires some personal info proof nonsense, but also that people would lie about it in the first place. why?

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP i guess

i think the whole thing is ad hominem fallacy though. so i guess he allegedly used himself as an authority.. all they have to do is reject that. they could say "appeal to authority fallacy" or even grant it and say like "Your experiences aren't corroborated with data and thus are prolly aberrational" aka "hasty generalization fallacy"

the speaker shouldn't be relevant to a claim like he seems to be making soooo who cares if he's actually military or not? i guess you could make the case that lying is bad but i think the burden of proof ought to be on the accusers

so i haven't read the thread, just skimmed the last page linked and tbh i think there's a solid defense here; iow the prosecution's case is like swiss cheese
an idiot wrote:
the accused wrote: My observation of women being snipers is that they are more patient and willing to wait for the "perfect" shot, but have problems with the physicalty required to SET UP the "perfect" shot. i.e. lay in this field covered with biting insects in your own piss for 3 days until you get what you came for...
You specifically claimed that you have personally observed female snipers,
that's not really a specific claim of personal observation in my mind

like i think the accused is applying gendered stereotypes to his speculation - "i've observed that women are more patient but hate the ickys so they'd be like that as snipers too [if they were military snipers]" more than saying "yes i have actually seen women snipers and watched them for days"

i'm not defending his argument or statements - i'm not fan of gendered nonsense - but i betcha he *does* honestly believe what he is saying

Stofsk

#63 Post by Stofsk »

IIRC lying in general is a bannable offence. It's just that lying about a military background gets a lot of people angry, but because a lot of the board's members are current or former serving military they can find out if someone is bullshitting comparatively quicker/easier.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#64 Post by RogueIce »

Besides, who would ever lie about being something boring, like a lawyer or doctor? :v

But seriously, how often do those two really become relevant? At least in a way that wouldn't be painfully obvious in about 30 seconds?

But hey, they clearly want to ban him but I guess don't have any better reasons to do so. Like seriously, if he was a more liked/tolerated poster I bet they wouldn't even be questioning it right now.

Gands

#65 Post by Gands »

IIRC AD got himself banned for (among other things) calling himself a scientist when he was an undergrad.

Dude

#66 Post by Dude »

The reptile guy? He is one, probably one of the few genuine scientists on teo
-Aaron

Gands

#67 Post by Gands »

Yeah, now. But he got banned like ten years ago, before he was actually a scientist.

It was in that crazy 04-06 period when TEO was all about banning.

Stofsk

#68 Post by Stofsk »

Why did he come back?

EDIT Also, I have this vague recollection of AD getting banned by Wong for arguing with him.

Dude

#69 Post by Dude »

I do as well.
-Aaron

Gands

#70 Post by Gands »

timmy

#71 Post by timmy »

Oh my.

EDIT: can we get this thread renamed POETRY SLAM please?

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#72 Post by RogueIce »

Yeah, I think that had more to do with him pissing off DW than the whole scientist thing. Hell as noted it was apparently something he'd been doing for some time, but apparently not relevant enough to ban him for it when it happened. It was only after he got banned for pissing off Darth Wong that it was now important as an "added justification" or whatever.

Crazedwraith

#73 Post by Crazedwraith »

Now, now. DW doesn't ban people for pissing him off. ;) He bans people for rule breaking! It's not his fault that no-one can argue with him for any length of time without breaking the rules!

Thought its partly that he exempts himself from the 'don't mod thread you are involved in' policy.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#74 Post by evilsoup »

timmy wrote:Oh my.

EDIT: can we get this thread renamed POETRY SLAM please?
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.

timmy

Re: POETRY SLAM

#75 Post by timmy »

Perfect. Perfect.

-thejester