Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Godammed SDN

#301 Post by Aaron »

Yeah he had. That safety stuff is an "i am a tool" flag for me though.

Agent Bert Macklin

#302 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Stofsk wrote:fuck steve jobs
I was recently banned on a forum for daring to be truthful about Jobs. OMG SO RUDE BAN HIM.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#303 Post by Phantasee »

Lagmonster says he would have unsplit or at least unHoSed the Jobs discussion but now he has to wait on Dalton.

Alyeska probably thought he was defending people who might have been offended that ADR was shitting on a RIP thread and not being properly respectful of the dearly departed. He only realized later that nobody gave a shit and the board attitude favours calling peole out on their shit. Especially after the ANZAC bullshit, and what makes Steve Jobs more sacred than the deaths of thousands upon thousands of young men who never got a chance to make PCs in their garage!

I'm sad to see him go because he did some things very well, but he is not a role model on how to live my life.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#304 Post by Zod »

Phantasee wrote:Lagmonster says he would have unsplit or at least unHoSed the Jobs discussion but now he has to wait on Dalton.

Alyeska probably thought he was defending people who might have been offended that ADR was shitting on a RIP thread and not being properly respectful of the dearly departed. He only realized later that nobody gave a shit and the board attitude favours calling peole out on their shit. Especially after the ANZAC bullshit, and what makes Steve Jobs more sacred than the deaths of thousands upon thousands of young men who never got a chance to make PCs in their garage!

I'm sad to see him go because he did some things very well, but he is not a role model on how to live my life.
i guess it's okay to poke sacred cows until it's your own sacred cow

Aaron
El Duderino

#305 Post by Aaron »

*shrug* Alyseka has always been a shit mod, so no surprises here.

Zod
perkele

#306 Post by Zod »

speaking of steve jobs

weemadando

#307 Post by weemadando »

RogueIce
#YOLO

#308 Post by RogueIce »

Zod wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Lagmonster says he would have unsplit or at least unHoSed the Jobs discussion but now he has to wait on Dalton.

To be fair, I think the staff (and board in general) has been kinda back and forth on whether or not "RIP threads" are okay for insulting the departed or not. Though it seems that in the end they'll generally allow it, there's almost always some kind of tussle the first time someone speaks ill of the dead in them.

joviwan

#309 Post by joviwan »

Starglider spent $10,000+ on his personal computer?

uraniun235

#310 Post by uraniun235 »

fake edit: FUCK you beat me to it, joviwan!

that said, remember: he's in the UK. that's over ten thousand pounds sterling
Starglider wrote:If the original poster meant that his computing budget is $600/year, then getting a nice $1800 machine and keeping it for three years will be a better experience than buying and setting up a new $600 crapbox every year. Personally I spent five figures on my main machine about a year ago and I'm still completely happy with it; I spend a lot more time computing than I do driving and computers are very cheap compared to cars, so why not invest a quality computing experience?
lol what in the fuck did he buy

i know computer parts are more expensive in the UK but not that much more expensive

Zod
perkele

#311 Post by Zod »

RogueIce wrote:
Zod wrote:

To be fair, I think the staff (and board in general) has been kinda back and forth on whether or not "RIP threads" are okay for insulting the departed or not. Though it seems that in the end they'll generally allow it, there's almost always some kind of tussle the first time someone speaks ill of the dead in them.
or asks anything at all in some cases

Zod
perkele

#312 Post by Zod »

uraniun235 wrote:fake edit: FUCK you beat me to it, joviwan!

that said, remember: he's in the UK. that's over ten thousand pounds sterling
Starglider wrote:If the original poster meant that his computing budget is $600/year, then getting a nice $1800 machine and keeping it for three years will be a better experience than buying and setting up a new $600 crapbox every year. Personally I spent five figures on my main machine about a year ago and I'm still completely happy with it; I spend a lot more time computing than I do driving and computers are very cheap compared to cars, so why not invest a quality computing experience?
lol what in the fuck did he buy

i know computer parts are more expensive in the UK but not that much more expensive
i think i remember him going off about solid state drives or something

i mean fuck i only spent about $1000 on my pc and it's pretty beastly

joviwan

#313 Post by joviwan »

I'll be better in the future I promise

what the fuck he spent UK money on it?

I don't even I can't

What the fuck can you even put in a computer at that price point? What could you possibly need to do

He makes an xbl game about flying birds

not decoding gene sequences

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#314 Post by starku »

He's just making phant posts that say 'I am implying my success validate me'

Sadly a 15,000 computer doesn't make him less a fat furry so.....

Zod
perkele

#315 Post by Zod »

starku wrote:He's just making phant posts that say 'I am implying my success validate me'

Sadly a 15,000 computer doesn't make him less a fat furry so.....
think of all the hookers and blow he could've got with that

Bounty

#316 Post by Bounty »

£10K = $15K

All my computer-related equipment past, present and quite possibly future doesn't add up to half of that. $15K is medium-sized-company-server money.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#317 Post by starku »

Fine pc for 1000 = I'm happy with my 15,000 computer 12 months later = success!!!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#318 Post by RogueIce »

joviwan wrote:I'll be better in the future I promise

what the fuck he spent UK money on it?

I don't even I can't

What the fuck can you even put in a computer at that price point?
Well, I went to the Dell Alienware site to build a PC (just to see) and started clicking on the most expensive options for everything (don't know if they were better options, just more expensive). I easily ran over $10,000 (I'm assuming USD here) before I was done. Granted I also ended up putting in more PCIe things than I had slots for, as well as more wireless options than it said I could do, so I didn't actually finish it to see what would happen. Or if I could get over $15k...don't think I could since I was in to the accessories and shit by then. Of course I had "bought" two monitors by that point, one of them about a grand IIRC, so maybe I could have if I tried.

But yeah, it's apparently possible to do it, if you just max out everything you possibly can I guess.

Does nothing to address
joviwan wrote:What could you possibly need to do
this question however. I'm nowhere near enough of a computer geek to know if half the shit I was adding in was even all that useful compared to the cheaper alternatives.

Still, I guess it helps for Internet nerd dick waving contests?

Aaron
El Duderino

#319 Post by Aaron »

Or the books. I could buy a new car for that.

But its probably for his pigeon simulator.

Zod
perkele

#320 Post by Zod »

i could maybe justify $2-3000 for a high end solidworks machine

but i'm not sure what i'd need to spend $10k for

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#321 Post by starku »

Aaron go read his pigeon thread more

Every time he says 'consoles can't do xyz' that ue3 does take a shot

This is why people buy engines rather than building them from scratch

Zod
perkele

#322 Post by Zod »

You sound like the typical console kiddie. If you have to jump through hoops to play a game on PC, it's because you're incredibly dense.

There are a thousand satisfied customers, but you'll only hear the 10 REALLY VOCAL whiners next to them when it comes to PC gaming.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#323 Post by starku »

Hey I was talking to Aaron about engines around rage before

Let's not beat up on poor old pc gamers for no treason

The Spartan

#324 Post by The Spartan »

I don't own a goddamn thing that's made by Apple, I don't give a fuck one way or the other that Steve Jobs is dead and I'm sick and fucking tired of people gushing like infatuated little girls who're heartbroken that their favorite boy band broke up.
Aaron wrote:That's something I just can't do, 3inch buckshot and slugs are at the limit of what my wrist can take.
I have to absorb most of it with my shoulder. There's just no other option with a recoil like that. Makes me wonder what a 10 gauge would feel like. Or a bigger rifle like a .338 Win mag.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#325 Post by starku »

Who cares if you own apple products

I do t care about coca cola amatil's CEO
Or microsoft's
Or bandai's

The best kind of rage is nerd rage