Re: Godammed SDN

#4526 Post by Losonti Tokash »

write your congressperson

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#4527 Post by starku »

I love people who hate change innocently wondering why there isn't more change

Also los I have heard it is the American way to cynically accept abuses of power and do nothing

Zod
perkele

#4528 Post by Zod »

maybe this is why americans are so dumb
"It's no wonder President Obama wants every kid to go to college," said the former Pennsylvania senator. "The indoctrination that occurs in American universities is one of the keys to the left holding and maintaining power in America. And it is indoctrination. If it was the other way around, the ACLU would be out there making sure that there wasn't one penny of government dollars going to colleges and universities, right?"

He continued: "If they taught Judeo-Christian principles in those colleges and universities, they would be stripped of every dollar. If they teach radical secular ideology, they get all the government support that they can possibly give them. Because you know 62 percent of children who enter college with a faith conviction leave without it."

Aaron
El Duderino

#4529 Post by Aaron »

*shrug* Enjoy living in Yankistan then dude.

Dooey Jo

#4530 Post by Dooey Jo »

i hear it's impossible to run a business 100% ethically because of human nature and physics

and not you know the fact that a business must maximise its profits against its competitors in order to exist

it's like they don't even know they are living in an economic system with certain built-in properties, and think we are existing in some sort of social void

it's also funny to read starglider shrieking about falling or rising gold prices or whatever and how things will inevitably collapse to mad max

he and his economist friends have very little faith in their favourite system and its ability to restructure itself to maintain profitability

well

maybe it is human nature to be afraid of things you don't understand Image
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Aaron
El Duderino

#4531 Post by Aaron »

Well at least we know where to get a gallon of freeze dried fruit.

Losonti Tokash

#4532 Post by Losonti Tokash »

starku wrote:I love people who hate change innocently wondering why there isn't more change

Also los I have heard it is the American way to cynically accept abuses of power and do nothing
i am particularly amused by people mocking slacktivism as something that will never do anything, then saying occupy is stupid and we'll never accomplish anything by marching/organizing/etc

all posted on their blog

anyway i don't feel that's a particularly american thing, though we might be better at it than most

it is certainly in the best interest of the ruling class for voters to feel their involvement makes no difference, for obvious reasons

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#4533 Post by starku »

no i don't think it is some american thing

its a thing people do when they believe there is nothing they can do

america from land of free to population of displacement anxiety in 40 years :V

but frankly when 'smart' people on sdn can talk about how enforcing law or preventing abuse or controlling corruption is impossible don't even try it is a funny thing

Dooey Jo

#4534 Post by Dooey Jo »

look everything that is bad is due to original sin human nature

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#4535 Post by starku »

between stas saying society is evil
and starglider saying everyone except financiers are evil

i just odn't know what the board orthodoxy is anymore!!! what can i post to be accepted in this situation!??!?

Zod
perkele

#4536 Post by Zod »

starku wrote:between stas saying society is evil
and starglider saying everyone except financiers are evil

i just odn't know what the board orthodoxy is anymore!!! what can i post to be accepted in this situation!??!?
brownnosing the mods is clearly your only choice

Dooey Jo

#4537 Post by Dooey Jo »

what would wong do

joviwan

#4538 Post by joviwan »

call someone a child, and mention jar jar binks is a godsend for parents.

Agent Bert Macklin

#4539 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Is OWS still around?

weemadando

#4540 Post by weemadando »

Knubble tov wrote:Is OWS still around?
Fucking Occupy Melbourne still was last in checked. Nothing but a pack of fucking ferals on leave from their tree sits who had decided to graffiti their slogans all around the protest site. Including on memorial statues.

Way to make your point fuck heads.

And I'm someone who in theory, supports you.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#4541 Post by starku »

Man they kicked occupy Brisbane oh of post office square and said it was 'for maintenance'

They have now taken the opportunity to re-turf he whole place

Thanks occupy :)

Losonti Tokash

#4542 Post by Losonti Tokash »

weemadando wrote:
Fucking Occupy Melbourne still was last in checked. Nothing but a pack of fucking ferals on leave from their tree sits who had decided to graffiti their slogans all around the protest site. Including on memorial statues.

clearly a bunch of rotten bastards, these people who drew stuff on a statue

anyway, tucker, yes ows is still going, it's just winter

Zod
perkele

#4543 Post by Zod »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
weemadando wrote:

republican primaries stole their thunder

Losonti Tokash

#4544 Post by Losonti Tokash »

the police beating on us also stopped being anything new and we didn't turn into rape camps like the media thought, so they stopped caring

weemadando

#4545 Post by weemadando »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
weemadando wrote:

Look, there are many ways to get your point across without tagging up memorials. Especially when you consider simple facts like "is writing the same slogan I've already covered the surrounding 20m of footpaths walls and sculptures with on this memorial going to be a net positive for us? '

I support the ideology and cause, but these folks are a really shitty version of it at the moment.

timmy

#4546 Post by timmy »

I still cringe whenever I hear that soundbite of some OWS Melbourne chick saying 'everyone just needs to chill out, maaaan. That's only four decades too late.

And lol at brand spanking new TEO mod D.Turtle coming down on Simon Jester from 'back seat modding'.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Oxymoron

#4547 Post by Oxymoron »

On the one hand, I think it's a good thing when people on a forum try to regulate themselves without waiting for the authorities to intervene. It helps getting people act responsibly.
But on the other hand, it's someone I'm not really fond of, so...

Man.
I've, like, no integrity.

Speaking of integrity... So, this thread. Setup : High price of gold lead to children slave labor or whatever. Mayabird start a tangent on diamonds, saying that mining the stuff is ultimately futile (for industrial purpose we can grow diamonds of greater mass and quality than natural ones ; the only value the stuff has is for its use as a form of bling). Chirios, from Botswana, object on the "futility" of said extraction, by saying that diamond extraction is the only things that (barely) keeps his country out of misery [objective fact]. Stas Bush then come and say to this African :
Stas Bush wrote:Resounding "meh" because your entire society profits from massive human suffering? You're more cruel than I thought, indeed.
What the fuck, Stas, what the fuck ? Don't you think you should try to think a teensy little bit before speaking ? There's integrity and fidelity to your ideals ; and then there's crass and blindly idealistic stupidity. Guess where you are right now ?
No.

Zod
perkele

#4548 Post by Zod »

I shouldn't even have to remind people of this, but apparently posting about anything related to Ron Paul tangentally erases people's brains.
Irony.

Ohma

#4549 Post by Ohma »

i think it's funny that because some people camped in a park downtown once it's now apparently closed forever

Aaron
El Duderino

#4550 Post by Aaron »

Oxymoron wrote:On the one hand, I think it's a good thing when people on a forum try to regulate themselves without waiting for the authorities to intervene. It helps getting people act responsibly.
But on the other hand, it's someone I'm not really fond of, so...

Man.
I've, like, no integrity.

Speaking of integrity... So, this thread. Setup : High price of gold lead to children slave labor or whatever. Mayabird start a tangent on diamonds, saying that mining the stuff is ultimately futile (for industrial purpose we can grow diamonds of greater mass and quality than natural ones ; the only value the stuff has is for its use as a form of bling). Chirios, from Botswana, object on the "futility" of said extraction, by saying that diamond extraction is the only things that (barely) keeps his country out of misery [objective fact]. Stas Bush then come and say to this African :
Stas Bush wrote:Resounding "meh" because your entire society profits from massive human suffering? You're more cruel than I thought, indeed.
What the fuck, Stas, what the fuck ? Don't you think you should try to think a teensy little bit before speaking ? There's integrity and fidelity to your ideals ; and then there's crass and blindly idealistic stupidity. Guess where you are right now ?
Stas went nuts a couple years back, seems to be a theme with the old boys club.