but in a way that's not

so the story is about false or changed identities

and yet in this plot involving changed identities

the characters' own identities are changed

man

Dooey Jo

Re: Godammed SDN

#7777 Post by Dooey Jo »

The main motivation behind the project is partially a wish to re-create the feeling of some old classic games, like "Quest for Glory" series. The other part is my desire to experiment whether it is possible to make adventure game with female protagonist who is both lovable, intelligent and feminine.
no sorry that is not possible

women can only have one quality :engleft:
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7778 Post by starku »

Yeah dude and it's tragic because people even bend to meet people's expectations for love and this is really negative

Like it could be love transcends

But it's actually really tawdry and abusive

It's awesome

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#7779 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

was it always abusive? couldn't they have, because of their love, changed for the better and resolved their shit? if it wasn't for suddenly nuns scaring people and making them fall and die?

(were you still talking about vertigo?)

Losonti Tokash

#7780 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Dooey Jo wrote:
The main motivation behind the project is partially a wish to re-create the feeling of some old classic games, like "Quest for Glory" series. The other part is my desire to experiment whether it is possible to make adventure game with female protagonist who is both lovable, intelligent and feminine.
no sorry that is not possible

what is this from

Zod
perkele

#7781 Post by Zod »

Are you fucking shitting me? A guy flies a plane into a building but he gets labeled as a protestor and not a terrorist?

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... d-guy?lite
But hatred is not too strong a word to express how some people feel about the agency. In 2010 a tax protester crashed his plane into an IRS office in Austin, Texas, killing himself and an agency employee."

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#7782 Post by RyanThunder »

It's only bad when they do it. :smug:

Dooey Jo

#7783 Post by Dooey Jo »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Dooey Jo wrote:no sorry that is not possible

what is this from
it is something i read on gamedev.net

they used to have quick links to recent forum threads where people would say things like "hi guise i am planning to make a mmorpg and need a team i will make the html and you the rest" but now they have "improved" the front page by making it a twitter feed or something

anyway i could also point at the :wtc: of "it is a medieval game with medieval things. here's the gothloli protagonist"

but it is at least possible that is just a placeholder model
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Flagg

#7784 Post by Flagg »

I'd be all :lol: "I told you guys" about KS and SVPD putting up the blue wall of silence bullshit about the guy getting murdered by cops, but even a blind motherfucker would have seen that from a mile away.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Questor

#7785 Post by Questor »

Tax Protestor is what is used to name a specific kind of moron. They think that they don't have to pay income tax because of some stupid crazy reason. They protest by not paying taxes.

Just like sovereign citizens are specific nut jobs. As he was not trying to create terror and fear, I'd might be able to argue that he's not really a terrorist, but that's a stupid argument.

Zod
perkele

#7786 Post by Zod »

Questor wrote:Tax Protestor is what is used to name a specific kind of moron. They think that they don't have to pay income tax because of some stupid crazy reason. They protest by not paying taxes.

Just like sovereign citizens are specific nut jobs. As he was not trying to create terror and fear, I'd might be able to argue that he's not really a terrorist, but that's a stupid argument.
i have a hard time imagining what else you're trying to create except terror and fear by willfully flying a plane into a building

weemadando

#7787 Post by weemadando »

I like that Simon Jester is doing his part and sucking up and being protective.

Let's just have some honesty out of them for once.

Tell us what you actually think, not your standard protective response.

Flagg

#7788 Post by Flagg »

He white knights for the old boys brigade. If someone has a green name he will ride gallantly to the defense of whatever side they are on.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr-admin
Site Admin

#7789 Post by adr-admin »

from http://www.granma.cu/ingles/reflections ... tions.html
fidel castro wrote: Details of the plan drawn up by the WikiLeaks strategists are not known. It is known that Assange distributed a significant volume of communications to five major media transnationals, which currently possess the monopoly of much of the information, some of them as extremely mercenary, reactionary and pro-fascist as the Spanish PRISA and the German Der Spiegel, which are utilizing news items to attack the most revolutionary countries.

World opinion will continue closely following everything that happens in the context of WikiLeaks.

Responsibility for being able to know the truth, or not, about the cynical politics of the United States and its allies will fall squarely on the right-wing Swedish government and the bellicose NATO mafia, who so like to invoke the freedom of the press and human rights.

Ideas can be more powerful than nuclear weapons.
"right-wing Swedish government" is a totally hilarious thing to read as an american

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7790 Post by starku »

Dude it's funny right because te whole doublethink around motiveless terrorists generally motivated by CIA money or American oppression or both

We can all happily think like sea skimmer and say 'they are just evil' and hen spend a million years justifying police murder because BENEFIT OF DOUBT JOB IS HARD

Flagg

#7791 Post by Flagg »

Yeah, I have little sympathy for the plight of people with the ability to legally murder minorities with impunity because they were pulling up their pants while running away from them.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Akhlut

#7792 Post by Akhlut »

weemadando wrote:I like that Simon Jester is doing his part and sucking up and being protective.

Let's just have some honesty out of them for once.

Tell us what you actually think, not your standard protective response.
I always got the feeling off of him that he thinks most conflicts on TEO stem from miscommunication between people, rather than actual animus between people.

Such as KS and SVPD knee-jerk defending all cops, everywhere, regardless of circumstances.

Although, I did manage to get a response out of KS that, yes, in fact, this case looks rather fishy and that he believes the family more than the cops.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 0#p3662890

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7793 Post by starku »

It's funny that his attitude is so distorted he feels loyalty bound to defend people onthe same industry even when he doesn't believe them

Flagg

#7794 Post by Flagg »

All cops are like that. It's to the point where cops that "break the blue wall" are ostracized even when exposing massive corruption and illegal acts by other cops who don't even engage in the corruption and illegal acts.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7795 Post by starku »

I could understand guys protecting their mates

But guys protecting people they don't know and suspect are fuckheads?

Maybe the blue wall ken evil cops twirling mustaches
Maybe they're just sad lonely people

Flagg

#7796 Post by Flagg »

I think it's just siege mentality that gets ingrained into them during training and because the members of the public they mostly deal with are criminals. It doesn't help that American police have so much power that they can legally murder you for putting your car into reverse rather than step out of the way of the slowly moving car.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7797 Post by starku »

It's just bizarre because all the cops I've integrated with have been nice or simply cold

Even the guys who were pretty sure I was a criminal were nice

And the odds of the simply shooting me were zero which makes it easier to speak to them lol

Flagg

#7798 Post by Flagg »

I've met nice cops, asshole cops, and cops I was indifferent about. The problem is the culture which protects the bad ones.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#7799 Post by Zod »

these kind of stories make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... odore?lite

weemadando

#7800 Post by weemadando »

I deal with cops regularly as part of my job and yeah, there's a big mix to them. Hell, I was even lucky enough to have them shoot someone in my office.

But I've never been threatened by an Australian cop. Not even when I was running from them as a dipshit teen or advanced stumbling drunk making my way home.

Must be our communist values or something.