Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
weemadando

Re: Godammed SDN

#7801 Post by weemadando »

Zod wrote:these kind of stories make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... odore?lite
http://m.npr.org/story/138294210?url=/b ... rld-war-ii

It reminds me of that crap. Having to go back to WW2 manuals, because that was the last time anyone gave a shit about brown people's feelings.

Flagg

#7802 Post by Flagg »

weemadando wrote:I deal with cops regularly as part of my job and yeah, there's a big mix to them. Hell, I was even lucky enough to have them shoot someone in my office.

But I've never been threatened by an Australian cop. Not even when I was running from them as a dipshit teen or advanced stumbling drunk making my way home.

Must be our communist values or something.
No, you just treat them as another public servant, not as godkings who can do no wrong.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

weemadando

#7803 Post by weemadando »

At least this shooting was justified. But bloody hell. So much paperwork and I wasn't even there at the time.

Veef

#7804 Post by Veef »

that yamato vs executor thread is going well

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#7805 Post by Darksi4190 »

You know I totally think the Executor would pwn the Yamato in a fight, (19KM vs. 250 meters isn't really a fair fight) but it's fun to see Batman do his tryhard routine. It's like he's got a selection of quotes about SW Vs. debating in a wordpad file somewhere and he just copy-pastes them into a post. That's the reason vs. debates aren't fun for me anymore. There aren't any new arguments, everyone's just repeating the old ones over and over. There's no room for actual debate.

Veef

#7806 Post by Veef »

i don't care how big the stupid thing is, it died when a tiny fighter hit the gigantic bridge which somehow caused it to immediately dive into the death star

the thing must be criminally undermanned or undergunned because fucking christ White Base deals with fighters better than that

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#7807 Post by Bakustra »

Veef wrote:that yamato vs executor thread is going well
I tried to jazz it up with some of the Buck Ustra magic.
Veef wrote:i don't care how big the stupid thing is, it died when a tiny fighter hit the gigantic bridge which somehow caused it to immediately dive into the death star

the thing must be criminally undermanned or undergunned because fucking christ White Base deals with fighters better than that
It was built by Galacto-Halliburton and the Space Pentagon, so the toilets cost a thousand space-bucks or credits or whatever, and the bunks are too short for the stormtroopers, and the guns jam roughly every eleven shots, and it was obviously designed by penny-pinching Gordon Gekko-Antilleses and Dick Cheneywalkers. The Galactic Amerempire never does things the smart way.

Bakustra

#7808 Post by Bakustra »

i am going to compare the galactic empire to the u-s-freakin'-a of the nixon-reagan-bush years and nobody is going to stop me

Veef

#7809 Post by Veef »

to be honest, the SD guns fired faster in X Wing alliance when some guy hacked the server to allow playing as them :v

Darksi4190

#7810 Post by Darksi4190 »

Veef wrote:i don't care how big the stupid thing is, it died when a tiny fighter hit the gigantic bridge which somehow caused it to immediately dive into the death star

According to one of the old essential guides it has "over a thousand weapons emplacements," Which is rather undergunned for it's sheer size. I don't think it has as much anti-fighter coverage per meter as even a regular ISD. Everything about the Executor screams "flawed design to cater to big imperial egos." If it had as many guns per square inch as a regular ISD then a Mon Cal cruiser wouldn't have been able to go toe to toe with it in one of the X-wing books.

Veef

#7811 Post by Veef »

dude just watch the battle clip i posted

the ships barely fire guns as the fighters zoom zoom around them

it's just I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP

fucking Getter Robo had a battleship comprised of two robot dinosaurs with a death tower of guns on it and that put more shots into the air than any Star destroyer and that show was from 1975

Darksi4190

#7812 Post by Darksi4190 »

yes, we know you think everything in anime is better than SW.

Veef

#7813 Post by Veef »

well stark was convinced of that long ago :v

i mean the endor battle is cool and zoomy and shit

especially how they got all those models and composite shots to cooperate with few matte lines

and Lando being Lando <3

but the fucking source book wanking has gone far enough

Darksi4190

#7814 Post by Darksi4190 »

You want to know something? I've got copies of the Ep2 and Ep3 ICS just sitting in my closet (got them as birthday/christmas presents) and i've never even read them. Sometimes I like geeking out over the technical aspects of spaceships and shit, but only in the sense that it adds a little bit of richness and flavor to any given universe. Over-focusing on that shit leads down the dark path. The path of bart blade.

When it comes to SW, i'd much rather read one of the few good EU novels than a source book.

EDIT: at this point, all i'm really doing is watching the Clone Wars cartoon which isn't boggled down with all that shit because it's made for kids.

Bakustra

#7815 Post by Bakustra »

ps the empire being inefficient may be part of the point here

like, the biggest travesty in the v for vendetta film was in making things all shiny and neat

because moore really captured the essence of fascism/authoritarianism with his portrait of a decayed and decaying england where storefronts are still wrecked

truffaut's maxim only holds because filmmakers tend to show the glitz of fascism rather than the grit

but in star wars, the only 'glitz' is in the military units (and its really just shine- even the uniforms are drab)

everywhere else, things are falling apart and broken down and dusty

basically star wars is actually really brilliant but its in a subtle way that's at odds with the traditional picture of lucas

the icses are actually really interesting because they're filled with cool-ass ideas (like keeping flowers in stasis fields so they'll always be pretty) but its all about the gigatons and all that shit

its a real shame

adr-admin
Site Admin

#7816 Post by adr-admin »

Bakky wrote:i am going to compare the galactic empire to the u-s-freakin'-a of the nixon-reagan-bush years and nobody is going to stop me
continue plz

that fucking kicks fucking ass

doubly so since i've been reading so much castro

where he says "the empire" all the time

Questor

#7817 Post by Questor »

Zod wrote:
Questor wrote:Tax Protestor is what is used to name a specific kind of moron. They think that they don't have to pay income tax because of some stupid crazy reason. They protest by not paying taxes.

Just like sovereign citizens are specific nut jobs. As he was not trying to create terror and fear, I'd might be able to argue that he's not really a terrorist, but that's a stupid argument.
i have a hard time imagining what else you're trying to create except terror and fear by willfully flying a plane into a building
Hence the "stupid argument".

adr-admin
Site Admin

#7818 Post by adr-admin »

Bakky wrote:It was built by Galacto-Halliburton and the Space Pentagon, so the toilets cost a thousand space-bucks or credits or whatever, and the bunks are too short for the stormtroopers, and the guns jam roughly every eleven shots, and it was obviously designed by penny-pinching Gordon Gekko-Antilleses and Dick Cheneywalkers. The Galactic Amerempire never does things the smart way.
PS

this explains why it almost bankrupted the empire

it fucking pisses me off how teoites just ignore lines like that

it is so much more fun to run with it

Darksi4190

#7819 Post by Darksi4190 »

To be honest, one ship bankrupting an empire that built two moon-sized death stars in secret is kind of I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP. You'd have to be talking about like 10000% cost overruns and shit.

Bakustra

#7820 Post by Bakustra »

interestingly, the model plays into this, because it doesn't have any bigger guns than are on the basic star destroyer

whether this is intentional or accidental, it's still cool

similarly, the empire doesn't always have ejector seats in its tie fighters because they're subcontracted out to the lowest bidder
Darksi4190 wrote:To be honest, one ship bankrupting an empire that built two moon-sized death stars in secret is kind of I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP. You'd have to be talking about like 10000% cost overruns and shit.
in secret means they don't have to deal with any of the red tape and have less of the infighting and corruption

obviously, pellaeon is talking about the entire process, with all the false starts, incompatible design goals, bribes, and the like before we get into the actual cost overruns

and the interest rates were probably downright ruinous from the muunilist financiers

and the empire probably doesn't have buckets of hard cash on hand because of its nature

so thusly, the empire was nearly "bankrupted" because it had to direct the majority of its hard cash towards servicing the debt incurred to produce the executor line and thus strained the empire, which probably ran along a catastrophe curve for the entirety of its existence

Zod
perkele

#7821 Post by Zod »

wouldn't they just have funds devoted to black projects like the real military

Veef

#7822 Post by Veef »

like cloaking tie fighters like in Rebel Assault 2 :3

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7823 Post by starku »

Yeah but shifting a tiny part of money around military budgets can be a big deal

Imagine space congressman saying IS THE EMPIRE BANKRUPT WHY ARE WE REDUCIG OUR MILITARY INCREASES???

Thus statement makes sense without it actually having to be some huge slice if government money

Just like in the real not teo world

Darksi4190

#7824 Post by Darksi4190 »

Veef wrote:like cloaking tie fighters like in Rebel Assault 2 :3
Oh my god that game was so awesome. It was like a SW version of rail shooters like starfox. and it had hilariously bad community theater actors and shit.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#7825 Post by starku »

tbh i way preferred the charmingly horrid fmv stuff to the stilted and preachy bioware stuff