Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

Re: Godammed SDN

#676 Post by Phantasee »

For me the last decade has slowly destroyed my world view of America as some great champion of western ideals against... whatever dark forces there were in the world. I'm from Canada, we didn't really fear the Chinese or terrorists or whatever.

I suppose growing up in the 90s coloured my worldview pretty red white and blue. And then, living in Edmonton, with the base and all, I don't think we heard a lot of negative views about Kosovo and the Balkans. Plus those were happening at the time, and therefore not in a textbook. And media being dominated by the USA... so no other view points, really.

And of course 9/11 made everyone feel really terrible about what happened so we supported the US (and who didn't? even Iran gave the US info on the Taliban to support OEF).

Yeah, the US has pretty much destroyed its own image by itself, for me.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#677 Post by starku »

it's funny to see the shift from vietnam to south america to iran contra to gulf war

the coalition got so much media buzz and such near-universal support that it really seemed like something important

but it was liek a coincidence of universal goal and clear objectives

Flagg

#678 Post by Flagg »

It's funny, me and shroom were talking about that shit the other night. How I thought Vietnam was actually not I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP like Iraq (though blindingly unwinnable), Iran Contra being high treason, and desert storm just being an opportunity for America to feel good about itself again.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Djinnkitty83

#679 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 8&start=50

Crap, I went on a Broomy-style employment rant.

Zod
perkele

#680 Post by Zod »

well we already knew chockles was an idiot

Aaron
El Duderino

#681 Post by Aaron »

Djinnkitty83 wrote:http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 8&start=50

Crap, I went on a Broomy-style employment rant.
Good on you dude.

Dooey Jo

#682 Post by Dooey Jo »

it really is pretty hilarious how the US managed to change the world opinion from the "hell yes go get those taliban goatsuckers" attitude after 911

then they were like "now while we are getting those goatsuckers everyone must impose ridiculous restrictions on personal freedom around the world"

and the world was like "it's a bit weird but okay guess it's just temporary"

and then they were like "also we must killfuck saddam hussein he is a terrorist and if not he has huge bombs and if not he is just the worst trust us okay"

and the world was like "wait a minute now"

and then they were like "ALSO we are going to abduct people and torture them for no reason"

and the world was like "what the christ"

and then they were like "ps we'll make those wars never-ending clusterfucks, piss off everyone in the region, and screw up all the economies"

and the world was like "fuck you"

but as any highly picturesque clitoral attachment will tell you, it was edumacated lieberal eurotrash nuclear reactors just waiting for any opportunity to become hyper-critical

the evolution of americans own opinions about the use of torture is also pretty fucking fascinating

"no american troops would never do that"
"no it's not really torture"
"well it's a necessary evil"
"go fuck yourself"
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Losonti Tokash

#683 Post by Losonti Tokash »

wahhhh those poor oppressed white bankers

lol at no free education, wtf was he doing from ages 4-19 then

Aaron
El Duderino

#684 Post by Aaron »

Man, when did it become written that parents had to pay for it anyways?

Civil War Man

#685 Post by Civil War Man »

B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:There is no sincere criticism of the USA, it's all just groupthink from Euro-commies and the.... French. Also, no European can criticize the US about anything.
The only criticism of the US I have a problem with are from people who talk about how horrible the US is, but then get all bitchy whenever anyone (American or otherwise) criticizes the country they live in. It reminds me of honorific plutonium carting assholes, thinking that where they live is immune to criticism.

Zod
perkele

#686 Post by Zod »

Civil War Man wrote:
B-A-K-U-S-T-R-A wrote:There is no sincere criticism of the USA, it's all just groupthink from Euro-commies and the.... French. Also, no European can criticize the US about anything.
The only criticism of the US I have a problem with are from people who talk about how horrible the US is, but then get all bitchy whenever anyone (American or otherwise) criticizes the country they live in. It reminds me of honorific plutonium carting assholes, thinking that where they live is immune to criticism.
it's funnier when they try and pretend that americans have some kind of monopoly on ignorance of other countries, so their personal ignorance about america isn't as bad

Flagg

#687 Post by Flagg »

I loved it when some moron from canada was like "Americans get their meds from doctors by asking for them like the commercials tell them to do" and when I challenged them on it they never responded.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#688 Post by Aaron »

Who the hell said that?

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#689 Post by Nietzslime »

Open_sketchbook, who is one of the few people I'm aware of who is basically a stereotypical ignorant left-wing atheist bigot.
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Zod
perkele

#690 Post by Zod »

Nietzslime wrote:Open_sketchbook, who is one of the few people I'm aware of who is basically a stereotypical ignorant left-wing atheist bigot.
isn't he the idiot that likes ragging on arts degrees because he wasn't good enough to be an engineer?

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#691 Post by Nietzslime »

i believe so, yes
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#692 Post by Phantasee »

I see strange parallels between HPCA's Beastro and SDN's O_S.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

adr-admin
Site Admin

#693 Post by adr-admin »

mang i just made a random post and actually don't have any way to tie it back to what was said

usually i have something in mind to somehow tie it back via abstract metaphor or something

but not this time

poo

but for some reason i found it too funny to pass up

i'm a sucker for dick jokes

har har har

adr-admin
Site Admin

#694 Post by adr-admin »

so i think mike wong is ronald reagon

conservatives today would call reagon's policies kinda liberal tho they luv teh mang

sdn vs debaters today would call wong's conclusions rabidly pro trekkie tho they luv teh mang

uraniun235

#695 Post by uraniun235 »

adr wrote:so i think mike wong is ronald reagon

conservatives today would call reagon's policies kinda liberal tho they luv teh mang

sdn vs debaters today would call wong's conclusions rabidly pro trekkie tho they luv teh mang
where did this come from?

Losonti Tokash

#696 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i dunno i thought his post the other day complaining about how the top 10% are being slighted was pretty reaganish

Aaron
El Duderino

#697 Post by Aaron »

My heart bleeds for them.

weemadando

#698 Post by weemadando »

I'm pretty sure they can't hear us through the soundproofing on their limos.

uraniun235

#699 Post by uraniun235 »

Losonti Tokash wrote:i dunno i thought his post the other day complaining about how the top 10% are being slighted was pretty reaganish
i was wondering if he'd made some kind of trekpost recently or something b/c otherwise adr's post makes almost no sense

adr-admin
Site Admin

#700 Post by adr-admin »

No, I'm thinking of the newbs (and the establishment idiots like Batman) who say are on the sw tramples st effortlessly thing.

Wong himself is in that camp... but if you read the main site, it's a much smaller gap than his followers believe in.

By main site numbers, a couple hundred photon torpedoes take out a star destroyer.

By forum member beliefs, it's impossible for the entire Federation to scratch a single Imperial ship.

It just reminds me of Reagan being the arch conservative, but his policies are to the left of what most people think of with him.