Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Director of Celestial Intelligence

Re: Godammed SDN

#10976 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Oh fucking Irbis: "Using profits from a gun range membership dues and rentals to fund a summer camp is the same as organized crime doing it."
Last edited by Director of Celestial Intelligence on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent Bert Macklin

#10977 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:
Djinnkitty83 wrote:So I kind of live under a rock as far as pop culture goes, and thus I just now learned about this whole '50 Shades of Grey' thing.

:wtc:
huh?
Fifty Shades of Grey is a 2011 erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Set largely in Seattle, it is the first installment in a trilogy that traces the deepening relationship between a college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and a young business magnate, Christian Grey. It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of BDSM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Shades_of_Grey

Zod
perkele

#10978 Post by Zod »

Oh right, that. A few of my friends on FB were going on about it but I'd forgotten it exists.

Losonti Tokash

#10979 Post by Losonti Tokash »

audible keeps recommending the 3rd book despite my never having purchased anything like it or even looking at them while browsing

also i can only imagine how creepy having someone read an explicit sex scene into my headphones would be

Djinnkitty83

#10980 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Losonti Tokash wrote:also i can only imagine how creepy having someone read an explicit sex scene into my headphones would be
You've given me a terrible idea... though I wonder if Uranium would be a better fit for it.

#10981 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

A weird observation I just had on SDN, anywhere else on the internet it's the pro-gun side acting like a bunch of crazed fanatics 'government tyranny roar' and all that jazz, but on SDN it's the anti-gun side that turns into a bunch of foaming at the mouth lunatics.

Aaron
El Duderino

#10982 Post by Aaron »

Some of them are pretty fucked. Like "the gun is evil and makes you kill/

Losonti Tokash

#10983 Post by Losonti Tokash »

the well has been poisoned so effectively by both sides that rational calm discussion is impossible

Aaron
El Duderino

#10984 Post by Aaron »

Yup.

Zod
perkele

#10985 Post by Zod »

Losonti Tokash wrote:the well has been poisoned so effectively by both sides that rational calm discussion is impossible
kind of like israel :fukyu:

Aaron
El Duderino

#10986 Post by Aaron »

Oh snap!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#10987 Post by RogueIce »

Aaron wrote:Some of them are pretty fucked. Like "the gun is evil and makes you kill/
Look, everybody knows the mind-control "go out and mass-murder people" radiation generator is located in the stock and/or grip of every gun ever made.

#10988 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Well duh, the obvious answer is people should be wearing their tinfoil hats like I told them. :argh:

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#10989 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Losonti Tokash wrote:audible keeps recommending the 3rd book despite my never having purchased anything like it or even looking at them while browsing

also i can only imagine how creepy having someone read an explicit sex scene into my headphones would be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K1RcKJV ... =g-all-lik

Aaron
El Duderino

#10990 Post by Aaron »

RogueIce wrote:
Aaron wrote:Some of them are pretty fucked. Like "the gun is evil and makes you kill/
Look, everybody knows the mind-control "go out and mass-murder people" radiation generator is located in the stock and/or grip of every gun ever made.
Clearly I should coat mine with lead.

Pieman

#10991 Post by Pieman »

Aaron wrote:Is fgalkin a member of HPCA by chance?
He is not.
Aaron wrote:Oh snap!
I know forums where gun control and Israel vs Palestine are both banned, even where other politics stuff is permitted, because they both lend themselves to brainless bickering.

Aaron
El Duderino

#10992 Post by Aaron »

Red mentioned on thevold board that IvP is banned because Wong can't keep his mouth shut on it. So yeah, it's because the TOBC has a lot of idiots.

Akhlut

#10993 Post by Akhlut »

Maybe Dalton should just b& Mike. :sun:

Count Chocula
Liberal

#10994 Post by Count Chocula »

Knubble tov wrote:
Zod wrote:
Djinnkitty83 wrote:So I kind of live under a rock as far as pop culture goes, and thus I just now learned about this whole '50 Shades of Grey' thing.

:wtc:
huh?
Fifty Shades of Grey is a 2011 erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Set largely in Seattle, it is the first installment in a trilogy that traces the deepening relationship between a college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and a young business magnate, Christian Grey. It is notable for its explicitly erotic scenes featuring elements of BDSM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Shades_of_Grey
So they're bodice rippers without Fabio on the cover, plus nipple clamps and ball gags because why the fuck not? And THEY were the top...selling...books last week? How refined. My fellow Americans are fucking perverts. I think I'll go do something wholesome and shoot human silhouettes at the range this weekend, I could use the cleansing.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Count Chocula
Liberal

#10995 Post by Count Chocula »

RogueIce wrote:
Well that would explain why I oil and carress and talk baby talk to my Raven .25 and then, every time I shoot it, scream out "UNNNNlimmitteddPOOOWEEER!" Holy shit I'm sick. How much tinfoil do I need in my AFY ball cap to block the must murder rays o'doom?
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Zod
perkele

#10996 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote: So they're bodice rippers without Fabio on the cover, plus nipple clamps and ball gags because why the fuck not? And THEY were the top...selling...books last week? How refined. My fellow Americans are fucking perverts. I think I'll go do something wholesome and shoot human silhouettes at the range this weekend, I could use the cleansing.
Don't tell me, you turn the lights off when having sex and only in missionary, and only for procreation, right? Did you cry yourself to sleep while masturbating as a teenager?

Count Chocula
Liberal

#10997 Post by Count Chocula »

Zod wrote:Don't tell me, you turn the lights off when having sex and only in missionary, and only for procreation, right? Did you cry yourself to sleep while masturbating as a teenager?
Wow Zod, hou have me pegged to a tee have you been peering in my bedroom window all my life? I am flabberghasted at your keen insight into my psyche, here's to you! :quack:

I'm actually more annoyed that a frickin' series of bondage Harlequin novels are the bestselling books right now. Is print literature a TEO wasteland now too?

BTW, good luck guessing who's on the bestseller lists between Skanks of Gray and Hunger GamesRunning Man novels.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#10998 Post by Phantasee »

the 50 shades trilogy are the top three best sellers at almost every local chain bookstore

canada is not immune to the lure of the erotic novel
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#10999 Post by Zod »

Count Chocula wrote:
Zod wrote:Don't tell me, you turn the lights off when having sex and only in missionary, and only for procreation, right? Did you cry yourself to sleep while masturbating as a teenager?
Wow Zod, hou have me pegged to a tee have you been peering in my bedroom window all my life? I am flabberghasted at your keen insight into my psyche, here's to you! :quack:

I'm actually more annoyed that a frickin' series of bondage Harlequin novels are the bestselling books right now. Is print literature a TEO wasteland now too?

BTW, good luck guessing who's on the bestseller lists between Skanks of Gray and Hunger GamesRunning Man novels.
turns out sex sells

who the fuck knew

Pieman

#11000 Post by Pieman »

Everyone's an idiot about something. They just need the right stimulus.

I don't think I've ever met someone who was reasonable about everything anyone could ever ask them. Calm, maybe. Smart-sounding, maybe. Reasonable? Nah.

That other forum I was talking about, they decided after like six identical IvP conversations that it wasn't worth bothering with them anymore because the people running the forum didn't give a shit and wanted people to stop wasting time.

Seemed fair to me.