The Testingtard's Lament: Boo-Hoo-in' Revolution

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Agent Bert Macklin

Re: The Testingtard's Lament: Boo-Hoo-in' Revolution

#1801 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Knubble tov wrote:I'm currently waiting to have a cervical MRI. :D
Results: I have bulging discs and need epidurals, one every week for three weeks.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1802 Post by Count Chocula »

Knubble tov wrote:
Knubble tov wrote:I'm currently waiting to have a cervical MRI. :D
Results: I have bulging discs and need epidurals, one every week for three weeks.
Damn, I thought epidurals were only given to women in hard labor, it's a pretty risky and invasive procedure (like I.V. RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR FUCKING SPINAL COLUMN INVASIVE) and not something committed to lightly. You must be in some severe shit pain, dude. I ouch for you.

Are the mechanics at the body shop pumping you full of anti-inflammatories as well, assuming that will help with the discs? Hope you feel better.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Agent Bert Macklin

#1803 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Actually, the pain only happens when I pull my head all the way back and relax and when I awake in the morning. The latter is far worse because it's all around. Before I got the MRI, I had to do physical therapy and take anti-inflammatories (insurance wouldn't okay the MRI without other solutions being tried). Both did not work. I was hoping the results of the MRI would be bad so we could pinpoint the problem and attempt to fix it. My wish came true. :)

Here's the tally list for my health problems:

1. I was born with a gimp hand.
2. I'm likely in my fourth year (diagnosed three years ago this August 20) of dealing with Crohn's disease.
3. I have bulging discs.

I wonder what's next.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1804 Post by Count Chocula »

If you glance in the mirror some day soon and you look like Homer Simpson, I'd say it's time to get started on that bucket list.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Agent Bert Macklin

#1805 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

As long as the ensuing health problems don't interfere with school, I couldn't care less.

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1806 Post by Darth Fanboy »

As long as the twig and berries function correctly at least you have that, and I'm not just referring to purely recreational function.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1807 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I really wish I knew why I randomly get duplicate text messages on my phone. It has been happening since day one,. I haven't found a solution yet.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1808 Post by Phantasee »

Your phone is tapped.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#1809 Post by Zod »

Knubble tov wrote:I really wish I knew why I randomly get duplicate text messages on my phone. It has been happening since day one,. I haven't found a solution yet.
have you tried safe mode

Losonti Tokash

#1810 Post by Losonti Tokash »

likely a combination of sender error and your provider sucking balls

Agent Bert Macklin

#1811 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

AT&T does indeed suck.

Nietzslime
Give these people air!

#1812 Post by Nietzslime »

man why does saskatoon have to be hipper than regina in like every way

this is bullshit

they can keep their synchrotron and their shakespeare

:argh: regional rivaaalllrrrryyy
Europe: Genocide-free since at least 1996.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#1813 Post by Phantasee »

but i thought you lived in the city that rhymes with fun

and saskatoon has a goofy name
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#1814 Post by Zod »

:argh:

Aaron
El Duderino

#1815 Post by Aaron »

We finally caught a break last night, the humidity has gone down significantly.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1816 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

It's going to be shit here in GA tomorrow. 90+ 50% humidity.

"...CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ALERT IS IN EFFECT FOR ATLANTA FOR SATURDAY JUNE 23...

THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES...ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION HAS ISSUED A CODE ORANGE (UNHEALTHY FOR SENSITIVE GROUPS) AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR ATLANTA FOR SATURDAY JUNE 23.

UNDER CODE ORANGE CONDITIONS...THE OUTDOOR AIR IS LIKELY TO BE UNHEALTHY FOR SOME PEOPLE. CHILDREN...PEOPLE WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO OZONE...AND PEOPLE WITH HEART OR LUNG DISEASE SHOULD LIMIT PROLONGED OUTDOOR EXERTION DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING WHEN OZONE CONCENTRATIONS ARE HIGHEST."

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#1817 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

"Tom, Jesus is knocking at your door and you're letting Satan in."-My Neighbors I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP* Mormon Son

*I mean literally 17 with intelligence of 9 yr old.

Everytime we talk he wants to talk about how Obama is part of an Illuminati conspiracy to create a New World Order using FEMA Death Camps after declaring Martial Law so Obama can help the anti-christ take over the world. :duchess:

I wish I could avoid him but every time I try to do so I end up feeling like a bad neighbor. :(

Edit: Oh and he also wants to talk about how "all those people (Muslims) know how to do is fight", but then he goes onto say we shouldn't be over there, but then he's back to "we should just nuke them", or "I hate Russians". And telling me awful jokes like "Since Obama is in the White House shouldn't they rename it the Black House :hurfhurf: "

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1818 Post by Count Chocula »

So you're not voting for Romney b/c your neighbors' son is a credulous dumb teen. And Romney's a Mormon so QED.

I'm actually kidding, the boy sounds like a shut-in who's been listening to/viewing too much Alex Jones.

Director of Celestial Intelligence

#1819 Post by Director of Celestial Intelligence »

Count Chocula wrote:I'm actually kidding, the boy sounds like a shut-in who's been listening to/viewing too much Alex Jones.
That is literally his goto source for information, but even though he IS a shut-in when I say I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP I'm talking actually receives SSI mental retardation, not just simply sheltered. His older sister's the same way but she's like developmentally 14 maybe 15. As for his Mormonism I don't think he understands what being a Mormon entails, like he believes in the inerrancy of the Bible when one of the main sticking points is Mormons don't believe that shit just that it contains 'the Will of God' and he has no idea what the Doctrine and Covenants or the Pearl of Great Price are. He's literally a Mormon because that's what his mother tells him he should be. Honestly, he's a good kid most of the time, though my sister and our tenants next door did catch him being a peeper which we and his parents rectified, it's just the crazy conspiracy bullshit is never ending. I really feel bad for him, though; his parents are divorced and his dad's non-denominational (he's also a teaper but I know he's not the one filling the kid's head with conspiracy theories* and you can hold a civil conversation with him) now along with his step-mom who gets frustrated with him quite often, the worst part about it though is his mother and step-father don't want him so he stays with his dad and his mom just pockets his SSI and the child support payments his dad makes.

*I'm talking the real deal, chemtrails and everything.

Also, serious venting in testing because I don't care for keyboard psychologists in TEO.

weemadando

#1820 Post by weemadando »

Oh man. Day one of this big IT install and it's like no one has ever done a rollout before.

Who could have known that an exponential increase in devices needing connection above your test cases could result in an exponential increase in your server loads?

Holy shit. It's almost as if we pay people good money to know this stuff, but they fucking don't.

And so what should have been a 20min process per PC turned into a 6hr plus one.

And I get to do it all again tomorrow, but they promise it'll be totally fixed by then and we won't have all the remnant issues of today as well as the additional load of new infrastructure tomorrow.

Fucking hell.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1821 Post by Count Chocula »

Well if you were ever going to rip out the walls and install 10 gig fiber, now's the time. Oh yeah and add another chiller to the roof for the newly unanticipatedly expanded server room, A/C guys work weekends at the same reasonable Monday-Friday rates right?

Look at the bright side: once this is done, you can add "Successful Cat Herder" to your CV.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#1822 Post by Zablorg »

shit i need to get all this lactic acid out of my titties

Losonti Tokash

#1823 Post by Losonti Tokash »

search google shopping for a game, it ssays "16 sellers starting at $16"

click seller list, the cheapest one is $29 instead and there's only 14 of them

hmmmm

Zod
perkele

#1824 Post by Zod »

Losonti Tokash wrote:search google shopping for a game, it ssays "16 sellers starting at $16"

hmmmm
google shopping is rather deceptive

they also include used sales off ebay and sales from dodgy sites

Agent Bert Macklin

#1825 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:search google shopping for a game, it ssays "16 sellers starting at $16"

hmmmm
google shopping is rather deceptive

they also include used sales off ebay and sales from dodgy sites
I had the best luck with Google Shopping. I found an out of print Blu-ray, going for over $30 in various circles for $5.99 used. And when I got to the store, it was actually $3.99. :P

What game are you looking for, Los?