adr-admin
Site Admin

Re: Godammed SDN

#76 Post by adr-admin »

Yeah, those make more sense.

Stofsk

#77 Post by Stofsk »

As far as this debate is concerned, I'm on the side of filesharing. Big organisations like the RIAA and MPAA engage in so many shady practices and their influence spreads far beyond their borders to the point that it affects the laws sovereign nations formulate to deal with this 'problem' that frankly I think doesn't really exist.

In a perfect world copyright infringement should not exist. That's because in a perfect world we'd all be living in a Star Trek style utopia where big corporations can't sue the shit out of people for downloading a fucking playlist.

Zod
perkele

#78 Post by Zod »

i don't actually have a clue what thread is being talked about but knowing the site you can practically write an automated script for the typical filesharing debate

uraniun235

#79 Post by uraniun235 »

Zod wrote:i don't actually have a clue what thread is being talked about but knowing the site you can practically write an automated script for any debate

Zod
perkele

#80 Post by Zod »

uraniun235 wrote:
Zod wrote:i don't actually have a clue what thread is being talked about but knowing the site you can practically write an automated script for any debate
eh, depends

uraniun235

#81 Post by uraniun235 »

insert an 'almost' in there and call it good?

Djinnkitty83

#82 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

VF5SS wrote:
Djinnkitty83 wrote:I actually get the same vibes trying to debate them on this that I get from conspiracy theorists and creationists:
as I said to Amoebamang, we should start calling Jim and his ilk priests of the prequels or Preistquels if you will.

Maybe Prequepulicans

or Prequelcrats

Prequeltarians?
Missed this.

Prequationists.

Aaron
El Duderino

#83 Post by Aaron »

I would think that Vader and Palps would indicate the danger in letting people with magic powers both develop them and serve in the government.

Vader especially indicates that Jedi are fallible. Along with Ben and Jinn using their powers for stupid trivial shit.

Zod
perkele

#84 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:I would think that Vader and Palps would indicate the danger in letting people with magic powers both develop them and serve in the government.

Vader especially indicates that Jedi are fallible. Along with Ben and Jinn using their powers for stupid trivial shit.
obviously it was the dark side throwing them off :smugdog:

Aaron
El Duderino

#85 Post by Aaron »

Force make people I'M A JUGGALO WOOP WOOP.

Lvl 15?

Black_Mage

#86 Post by Black_Mage »

Nietzslime wrote:isn't flash like a timelord now

lolol dc reboot
Wouldn't surprise me.

artemas

#87 Post by artemas »

Stofsk wrote: In a perfect world copyright infringement should not exist. That's because in a perfect world we'd all be living in a Star Trek style utopia where big corporations can't sue the shit out of people for downloading a fucking playlist.
Are you a fucking Communist, Stofsk?

EDIT: man, these smilies are lame. i wanted to put that cross-armed little dude.

Stofsk

#88 Post by Stofsk »

artemas wrote:
Stofsk wrote: In a perfect world copyright infringement should not exist. That's because in a perfect world we'd all be living in a Star Trek style utopia where big corporations can't sue the shit out of people for downloading a fucking playlist.
Are you a fucking Communist, Stofsk?
what are you, my mother?

man these smilies suck

seriously though i'm pretty much a bleeding heart leftie so... yeah?

artemas

#89 Post by artemas »

clean up your room!

Gands

#90 Post by Gands »

Is it time for a copyright moratorium yet?

Aaron
El Duderino

#91 Post by Aaron »

Wait till an old boy flip outs and starts shit posting, then we can have a moratorium.

artemas

#92 Post by artemas »

wait

stofsk

does your mother actually ask if you're a fucking commie?

Losonti Tokash

#93 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man yesterday i had someone complain that one of the songs we have with the preschoolers was changed to be politically correct

it's to teach them to count so they sing about bumblebees buzzing around and shit

apparently it used to be "1 little 2 little 3 little indians"

i think as i'm getting older this stuff is really starting to piss me off because i didn't used to mind being called one, but it probably also has something to do with the context

Aaron
El Duderino

#94 Post by Aaron »

I remember that song.

But I hear failing to encourage casual racism means you hate America.

Also, aren't Stofsks folks from communist Hungry? That could colour things a tad.

Stofsk

#95 Post by Stofsk »

yeah mum teases me about my politics i tease her about her english

we have some animated discussions, sometimes the dog barks because he wants to share his opinion too, then she makes me pancakes with ice cream

i'm not really a commie but i'm the leftest out of my family so calling me a communist is kind of a joke

artemas

#96 Post by artemas »

ah ha! the bat is out of the cag

re old song

i wonder what the exact reason to change it was?

like was it new immigrants from India, with native concerns invisible, or final cognizance of relaxed, yet callous, racism?

Losonti Tokash

#97 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man casual racism against asian indians is fairly acceptable because they apparently look like arabs

but the only place i've seen them in any kind of concentration is the northeast us, midwest basically has like zero which is a shame since those women are fine as hell

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#98 Post by Phantasee »

Good luck with those, buddy. The South Asian communities are relaxing a little now* but go back five years and you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple willing to date outside the community. Go back ten and you'll be lucky to find more than a couple willing to openly date any guys, and another five to find a time when nobody in those communities dared to go at it in secret. In smaller communities? Well they'll always be more insular in general and probably more strict with their kids.

*Well, the girls are relaxing, and it's kind of a critical mass situation where I don't think the parents can really do anything anymore. Plus CBC Documentaries about honour killings have kinda put a damper on anyone considering it.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Losonti Tokash

#99 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man if only all the indian girls at rutgers weren't dating white guys? :V

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#100 Post by Phantasee »

That's New Jersey. It's not the same situation as the Midwest (you're in Nebraska still?). In Canada the people have been around in more cohesive communities so they've retained some of their values longer. In the US it seems they've been less numerous overall and less concentrated, so they've assimilated faster. So the assimilation has taken longer here with major centers like Toronto and Vancouver going first and it filtering out to smaller centres over time. Also I believe there are more Hindus/South Indians in the US Indo-American population versus more Sikhs/Punjabis/North Indians in the Indo-Canadian population, with some cultural and religious differences in the mix.

Man, some days I miss sociology.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid