Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
artemas

Re: Godammed SDN

#101 Post by artemas »

yeah, phants fairly accurate. as an outsider, i've oberved indian girls go from "surrounded exclusively by indian men, with male kin as chaperone" to "hangs out with everyone".

and it probably depends a lot on where you are, the size of the community, and insular it is. 3rd or 4th gen people adopt the host country's mores to a far greater extent than even 2nd generation people.

weemadando

#102 Post by weemadando »

Plus you have places like the UK where "mixed" is now (or about to be) the largest "racial" demographic. Having that level of integration helps rapidly moderate recent immigrants too.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#103 Post by Phantasee »

It's started to become more common even in Edmonton. Across the street is a very respectable indian family with a lot of influence where the younger son married a white girl. If families like that allow their children to marry outside the community, the rest have to accept it outwardly even if they're talking shit at home. If the same thing happened a few years ago the odds are good he would have been outcast by the community or even his own family. Before that only the most strong-willed guys could consider it, and they definitely would have had to move to Vancouver or Toronto if they wanted to live in relative peace.

I really appreciate living in a multicultural city like Edmonton, you learn so much in your own backyard.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#104 Post by Darth Fanboy »

The song is originally about Indians as in Native Americans, not Indian Indians.

artemas

#105 Post by artemas »

we know.

Flagg

#106 Post by Flagg »

Darth Fanboy wrote:The song is originally about Indians as in Native Americans, not Indian Indians.
It's actually about killing them while keeping a tally. Well, not really, but that's how I'll teach it to my spawn if I ever do the unthinkable and breed.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#107 Post by Zod »

Flagg wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:The song is originally about Indians as in Native Americans, not Indian Indians.
It's actually about killing them while keeping a tally. Well, not really, but that's how I'll teach it to my spawn if I ever do the unthinkable and breed.
i doubt the sperm banks would take you

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#108 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Flagg only goes to sperm banks when he is feeling peckish and the soft serve ice cream stand is closed.

If he breeds it will be the result of broadcast spawning on the floor of a run down truck stop titty bar during a contest on who can do the splits for the longest.

Flagg

#109 Post by Flagg »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Flagg only goes to sperm banks when he is feeling peckish and the soft serve ice cream stand is closed.

If he breeds it will be the result of broadcast spawning on the floor of a run down truck stop titty bar during a contest on who can do the splits for the longest.
Or with Havs mom.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#110 Post by Bakustra »

Is it wrong that every time I see a Starglider post in N&P I get the urge to ask him how many Chinese and Indian factory workers should die for his love of globalization?

Flagg

#111 Post by Flagg »

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#112 Post by Aaron »

Fucking go for it.

Bakustra

#113 Post by Bakustra »

On a related note, it's hilarious to me that Thanas is probably one of the most left-wing of the active posters.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#114 Post by Phantasee »

Why is that hilarious
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

joviwan

#115 Post by joviwan »

ADR I'm not really sure what's happening in that RLM thread

But I like the cut of your gib

Bakustra

#116 Post by Bakustra »

Phantasee wrote:Why is that hilarious
The sheer number of people that go liberalsliberalsliberalsliberalsliberals about SDN contrasted with the actual political opinions makes me laugh.

Dooey Jo

#117 Post by Dooey Jo »

I think Stas may be a bit more left.
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Aaron
El Duderino

#118 Post by Aaron »

joviwan wrote:ADR I'm not really sure what's happening in that RLM thread

But I like the cut of your gib
Are they still talking about his reviews?

Jesus.

Yeah, he's batshit crazy though.

Stofsk

#119 Post by Stofsk »

i decided to jump in and support adr

i may regret this decision...

Darth Tedious

#120 Post by Darth Tedious »

Mang, that thread is so far away from the reviews, that shit was pages ago.

Someone brought up Raynor's rebuttal, he showed up...

Now it's just a good ol' TPM/prequels argument. :mrgreen:

And yeah, Adam is being fucking hilarious throughout. I love the combination of blatant trolling balanced with valid points, it's just right.
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Stofsk

#121 Post by Stofsk »

you know why i hate TPM

besides being a shit film, it is a shit film that has hard core fanatical defenders - like raynor, elfdart etc

like seriously, if people didn't mention it so much i wouldn't hate it as much as i do

the taxation of trade routes is one terrific example adam's pointed out - no-one in the fucking film even talks about it, except for one line from palpatine when he addresses the senate - and he doesn't even elaborate on why it was a bad thing

Darth Tedious

#122 Post by Darth Tedious »

I actually enjoyed the film, but I can't honestly go defending its faults. It's certainly the weakest of the saga IMO (I actually think AotC was underrated, but that's just me).

I reckon you're right on about how much of a grey area the taxes bit was. It's not a MacGuffin in the true sense, it's background information. Mind, I never cared that they didn't go into any detail about it.

The invasion is what drives the plot anyway, not the taxes.

I think both the hardcore haters and defenders go too far out of their way about it. It's the biggest trollercoaster this side of the versus debate...
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Stofsk

#123 Post by Stofsk »

yeah

frankly i'm in the 'who gives a shit' camp most of the time, i just hate seeing prequel lovers flat-out ignore their faults

or hearing the smug rebuttal of 'yeah but the ot was crap too' :V with the subtle implication that prequel haters are somehow hypocrites or something

Zod
perkele

#124 Post by Zod »

Stofsk wrote:you know why i hate TPM

besides being a shit film, it is a shit film that has hard core fanatical defenders - like raynor, elfdart etc

like seriously, if people didn't mention it so much i wouldn't hate it as much as i do

the taxation of trade routes is one terrific example adam's pointed out - no-one in the fucking film even talks about it, except for one line from palpatine when he addresses the senate - and he doesn't even elaborate on why it was a bad thing
it seems like the shittier something is the more fanatical people will be in defending it

kind of like final fantasy 13

Agent Bert Macklin

#125 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Stofsk wrote:you know why i hate TPM

My only problems with it stem from the dialogue and terrible acting. I can't defend those. I like everything else, though. It's better than AotC by a huge margin.