Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
evilsoup

Re: Testing Chat Thread

#1501 Post by evilsoup »

just say something anyway, that way you can get some PC points and some smarmy points

Agent Bert Macklin

#1502 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1503 Post by adr-admin »

oh. meh, that number is ooold

Losonti Tokash

#1504 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Zod wrote:
Thanas wrote:So, 46% of US citizens are retards. Who knew.
I wonder if the esteemed PC police are going to jump on this post the way they did Flagg. Anyone want to take bets?
i'm just not going there anymore

but what would even be the point

Dooey Jo

#1505 Post by Dooey Jo »

man christian bale's vocal chords must have aged twenty years filming those batman films
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1506 Post by adr-admin »

so i made some dough at lunch time today planning to eat it for dinner. but letia came over and wanted delivery stuff so i didn't eat it

now my house smells delicious from the aroma of rising dough. alas i figured i'd better move it to the fridge so i can eat it tomorrow so now that wonderful olfactory delight is contained in the ice box :(

Pieman

#1507 Post by Pieman »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Knubble tov wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Obviously advocating violence is the reasonable solution to America's problems.
Of course that isn't the desired solution.
Remove the word "desired" and the sentence becomes more accurate. The solution begins when more people realize that positive changes comes from work and effort. Unfortunately those with passion are more interested in forcing a message than inspiring the need for change. Average Joe isn't going to give a shit about the big protest about corporate greed if you make him late on his drive to work a 10 hour shift at a job he hates. Americans increasingly are communicating only with like minded people (see SDN) and its a wonder why the country is distressingly divided between two soulless political machines?

But the rampant defeatism, even in the face of horrible shit, its not going to make things better. I say this knowing full well that you have every reason to be pissed off and that you understand the healthcare crisis more than I do, and perhaps ever will. I just wish more of that anger could be focused towards advocating real changes and not daydreaming about a violent uprising.

Tldr: I apologize for the insinuation, I'm trying to be less pessimistic and I backfired on myself.
Pointless +1!

Agent Bert Macklin

#1508 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Aaron wrote:And no, I'm not advocating violence, I'm just frustrated with watching gjys like Jeff and Brandon suffer, from the outside America is terribly broken.
I just saw this post. Thanks, mang.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1509 Post by Aaron »

:brah:

Losonti Tokash

#1510 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i like that we've had two pages in a row sniped by :brah:

:3

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#1511 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Pieman wrote:Pointless +1!
You got a point you are trying to make?

EDIT:

Los is right, mea culpa again.

Can yinz tell I am a bit of a wreck these days?

Losonti Tokash

#1512 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i think he's just saying you made a good post

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1513 Post by Count Chocula »

:brah: True quality. :quack:

And yes, "cowboy" loads are reduced powder, hence reduced recoil and velocity, rounds. When I did IPSC and IDPA competitions in San Diego we had these guys at every match. They had the tuned .45 or .38 Super 1911s, with the low-rider skeletor holsters, the sticky-outee mag holders, Oakley tinted glasses indoors, etc. They also used low-powered rounds for extra super special fast recovery time between shots, even though they were shooting "major" calibers. I competed against these yahoos with a Taurus 9mm compact firing hardball, in a DeSantis thumb snap belt slide holster, with GI spare mag carriers. Guess what, a properly placed 124 grain 9mm will topple poppers just as well as a 230 grain .45 going a whopping 750fps because it's just this side of a squib load.

Well except that most of the time, as in EVERY MATCH, the racegun yahoos with the low-recoil loads wound up short-stroking the slide. I can pop two steel targets at ten yards in the time it takes to do a "tap-rack-bang" FTF drill. You lose.

Now there were usually one or two guys who used raceguns with full power ammo. When their guns didn't jam because they were built to too tight a tolerance and the heat caused slide-frame binding, they were scary fast.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

"He killed 80 people in 2 days"
"...he's adopted." - The Avengers

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1514 Post by Darksi4190 »

you did competitive shooting? Maybe you can give me some aiming tips, 'cause I can't hit shit.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1515 Post by Count Chocula »

Prove Armstrong took anabolic steroids and I'll give you some pointers. Of course, all tips on shooting can only be improved by flinging lead, so budget for at least two boxes of pistol ammo a week to start, and slow fire.

Here's a freebie for rifle shooting: don't rest the forestock on a log or piece of wood or anything but a bipod or your arms. Barrel harmonics from the interaction will throw the round to who the fuck knows where. Certainly not at that steel target 200 yards away, that's for sure.
"We've already had this discussion before. I treated you of barbaric caveman then." - Oxymoron

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1516 Post by Darksi4190 »

I'll readily admit there's no concrete proof, I just thought him surrendering his medals without a fight was suspicious is all.

As for the shooting tip, thanks, but we were standing when we shot, so I didn't have a chance to brace the rifle on anything. I also don't think I was holding it right. The bruise from the stock is kind of in my armpit, and Allan said it's supposed to be further in on my chest.

Zod
perkele

#1517 Post by Zod »

Darksi4190 wrote:you did competitive shooting? Maybe you can give me some aiming tips, 'cause I can't hit shit.
Visit an eye doctor.

Count Chocula
Liberal

#1518 Post by Count Chocula »

Darksi4190 wrote:I'll readily admit there's no concrete proof, I just thought him surrendering his medals without a fight was suspicious is all.

As for the shooting tip, thanks, but we were standing when we shot, so I didn't have a chance to brace the rifle on anything. I also don't think I was holding it right. The bruise from the stock is kind of in my armpit, and Allan said it's supposed to be further in on my chest.
Rule 1 of rifle shooting is to get kneeling, seated or prone if possible. If you can't, use a sling. Use a sling anyway, in any position.
Rule 2 of rifle shooting is to PULL the stock into the pocket of your shoulder. To find the pocket, if you're a rightie, grip the rifle and pull it almost to your shoulder, look for the line where your deltoid muscle blends into your bicep, then pull the stock into your pectorals just to the left of it. The top of the stock, especially with poodle shooters, may not have any contact with your body. That's OK. If you're shooting a .30 cal all of the stock should be in firm contact.

I forget the order of the rest of the rules, but exhale half a breath and don't breathe until you've pulled the trigger, keep all fingers but the trigger one tight on the grip, and "front sight focus" are in there somewhere. And for God's sake don't go for speed until you're shooting 3" or less at 100 yards.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1519 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Darksi4190 wrote:I'll readily admit there's no concrete proof, I just thought him surrendering his medals without a fight was suspicious is all.
Unless something changed, he didn't. He disputes that the USADA has the power to do it, and as he says it doesn't matter: everyone knows who won anyway.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1520 Post by adr-admin »

he's been fighting it for years

but consider this: the winner of the 1998 tour, marco pantani, was accused of being a doper. he denied it vehemently, never tested positive, but everyone kept coming after him year after year..... until he got an indisputably real drug addiction (cocaine) and ultimately overdosed in 2004. his ex girlfriend said the allegations depressed him and that's why he turned to the drugs

maybe lance is doing the right thing by just letting it go. guilty or not, it beats pantani's fate

Pieman

#1521 Post by Pieman »

Pointless +1 to that too.

Choc, what do they do with bipods to kill the harmonics?

Oxymoron

#1522 Post by Oxymoron »

Some kind of shock-absorbers, made of rubber or something else, I'd guess ?
No.

Oxymoron

#1523 Post by Oxymoron »

A complaint about IE9 : some of the sites of sites I frequent are totally broken on it, forcing me to use Firefox to use them.

Good thing they are not professionnal sites, but still that's annoying.

What annoy me the most though, is that one of these site even acknowledge it's totally broken on IE, and just say "sorry, this site doesn't support IE, use Firefox/Opera/Safari instead or go fuck yourself" (it'san amateur browser game, if you wonder).
No.

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1524 Post by adr-admin »

gotta love it. don't bother writing something that works, just blame hte users

evilsoup

#1525 Post by evilsoup »

wait, don't all the browsers use the same standards? Why would something that works in firefox not work in internet explorer?

I could understand if it was the other way around, with some kind of patented microsoft thingy, but shouldn't IE be able to do anything firefox can do?