#27 Post by evilsoup »

finally your years spent living on the internet are paying off

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#28 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

ikr

everyone told me that i couldn't maek money through wrieting and sheeits

but it turns out my company has higher salaries than the normal call centers that enslave most people

and the pay here for nuerses is pitiful

i maek twice as much as nuerses

yes me sitting on a chair and typing sheeits earns me twice as much as my sistor in the hostipal operating room helping doctorbs surgerize

it must be because alyeska doesnt think surgerize is a word! :O

SURGERIZE SURGERIZE

Oxymoron

#29 Post by Oxymoron »

Nice.

Always cool to see someone earn his living by doing something he likes.
No.

Shroom Man 777
The Mang, the Myth, the Legend.

#30 Post by Shroom Man 777 »

i set up a secondary fishbook account full of pretentious rich chinese yuppie young people who i don't know/went to school with/etc., so if the company checks it out, i'll look like greased lightning, and i'll add workmates there

the more monosyllabic the chinese surnames in my decoy account's friend's list, the better and more douchier and pretentious

for my assholery and internet fatting, i use my old account full of genuine people i'll fuck around with

yes

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#31 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I mentioned to my Grandpa about how i'm trying to join the army, and he was all like "NO, you need to join the Navy like I did. The army sucks."

Turns out my dad's family actually has a rather strong naval tradition. My grandfather did eight years in the Naval reserve, his father did at least four in the Navy proper, my grandmother's father was a seabee during WW2, and I had great great grandparents that served in the royal British and dutch navies.

Coincidentally, of all my ancestors who served in the navy never had anything bad happen to them, whereas the two who served as infantrymen got shot in the ass and had their legs blown off respectively. I'm wondering if that might not be some sort of omen.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#32 Post by Phantasee »

on boats it seems it's either 'nothing happens' or 'you rest on the bottom of the sea with the whole crew'
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Darksi4190

#33 Post by Darksi4190 »

I don't know though. I mean, isn't the Navy supposed to be the weaksauce service? Every time someone tells me I should join the Navy instead of the army I feel like they're making a crack about my sexual orientation.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#34 Post by Phantasee »

sounds like a personal problem

Oxymoron

#35 Post by Oxymoron »

Dude

The whole defense policy of the United States is based on them having the best navy in the world. They have 11 fucking aircraft carriers and god know how many cruisers, destroyers and frigates. And submarines. Nuclear submarines. Lots of them.

If that is "weaksauce" to you, I have no idea what you think you need, really.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#36 Post by Losonti Tokash »

it makes me sad when people take inter-service jokes literally

except the marines, everything about them is true :v

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#37 Post by adr »

if they wanted to call you a real wimp they'd point you in the direction of the chair farce
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190

#38 Post by Darksi4190 »

clearly people still can't tell when i'm making a fucking joke. I'd rather avoid the navy because embarrassingly enough, I get seasick if i'm on a boat too long.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#39 Post by Phantasee »

Good joke bro

Zod
perkele

#40 Post by Zod »

Darksi4190 wrote: I'd rather avoid the navy because embarrassingly enough, I get seasick if i'm on a boat too long.
Pah, you are a weak girly man who can't handle a little ocean. :fukyu:

Darksi4190

#41 Post by Darksi4190 »

The weird thing is, it didn't kick in until I was like 21. I went out on lake St. Clair all the time when I was a kid, and I never had any problem. My senior year of High School, we went on a cruise to celebrate my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and we were on a boat for 7 days and nothing. Now? I get seasick after a couple of hours.

Dooey Jo

#42 Post by Dooey Jo »

i went on a boat this summer. it was the ferry between denmark and gothenburg. i went on it many times as a child so i looked forward to seeing if it would be as i remembered it. but instead we went with the sister ferry, which as it turned out must have been a converted cargo carrier. there was like one place to sit indoors on the whole ship, and it was ridiculously crowded. you could barely sit outside because apparently that's where they kept the engines, or at least some noise machine. inside they had these slot machines all over the place, and they had some lottery where you could win booze, which you were supposed to buy anyway in the so-called tax free shop. the ship felt like some sort factory designed to pack together and suck money out of the passengers.

my company took some left-over food left on trays, which was funny to me because you are totally not supposed to do that if you want to appear to be a self-declared middle class scandinavian

but who would want that

anyway my lament is this

i have drawn too many goddamn mountains on this goddamn map
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Zod
perkele

#43 Post by Zod »

Darksi4190 wrote:The weird thing is, it didn't kick in until I was like 21. I went out on lake St. Clair all the time when I was a kid, and I never had any problem. My senior year of High School, we went on a cruise to celebrate my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and we were on a boat for 7 days and nothing. Now? I get seasick after a couple of hours.
Lakes are a lot calmer than oceans. Your boat won't rock back and forth nearly the same. Ofc the smaller the boat the more it rocks back and forth.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#44 Post by Phantasee »

My only real issue with boats is their decks are slippery and o oftendonthave appropriate footwear.

Trains tho, can't sleep on trains. At least, I couldn't when I was 8. Might trynitnagain on a bottom bunk instead of a top bunk, in a non 3rd world country.

Darksi4190

#45 Post by Darksi4190 »

Honestly, I think it's the Effexor that's doing it. I seem to get dizzy or disoriented much more easily ever since I started taking it. It doesn't happen all the time, but every once and a while it kicks in.

Oxymoron

#46 Post by Oxymoron »

So, today was the first day of the new job. So many new informations to absorb. I'm tired...

Man, that research center is a goddamn city inside the city, it's fucking huge ! Thousands and thousands of people working here...
Shit's crazy, I had never realized the measure of the thing.
No.

Darksi4190

#47 Post by Darksi4190 »

Man I don't know how i'm ever going to be fit enough to join the fucking army. I just got winded and sweaty cutting my fucking grass. Maybe my heart really can't handle boot camp. I've been working out for like 3 weeks and i've only gotten to the point where I can do a set of 10 squats, 10 situps, and 10 pushups in rapid succession. It feels like i'll never reach my goal and sometimes all I want to do is give up.

evilsoup

#48 Post by evilsoup »

well I can't say I approve of your end-goal, but getting fit is a good idea so don't give up

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#49 Post by Phantasee »

it takes a while to get to where you want to be man

it took you years to get to this point of being unable to do things, what makes you think you can start doing them within a few weeks?

evilsoup

#50 Post by evilsoup »