Trek Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Zod
perkele

Re: Trek Thread

#251 Post by Zod »

Darth Fanboy wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to hit the drugs too hard until after getting the part as a Batman villain?
I thought you weren't supposed to hit them too hard until after you got a lead role on a sitcom.

Veef

#252 Post by Veef »

If only Voyager had a little repair ship that could fix the third bridge after every battle

Questor

#253 Post by Questor »

VF5SS wrote:If only Voyager had a little repair ship that could fix the third bridge after every battle
I've never understood why they don't use holodeck technology to make the bridge more easy to repair, at least until it malfunctions and takes over the ship.

Stofsk

#254 Post by Stofsk »

i think you answered your own question there

uraniun235

#255 Post by uraniun235 »

VF5SS wrote:If only Voyager had a little repair ship that could fix the third bridge after every battle
pretty sure their equivalent was the endless supply of shuttlecraft

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#256 Post by Darth Fanboy »

Zod wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:I thought you weren't supposed to hit the drugs too hard until after getting the part as a Batman villain?
I thought you weren't supposed to hit them too hard until after you got a lead role on a sitcom.
Tim Allen did it the other way around and it worked for him. He is the reverse Charlie.

Questor

#257 Post by Questor »

Stofsk wrote:i think you answered your own question there
They put C-4 in their control panels. At least the holodeck would kill them clean.

Stofsk

#258 Post by Stofsk »

plus you can always call up professor moriarty if you need advice on how to proceed on any particular course of action

Zod
perkele

#260 Post by Zod »

uraniun235

#261 Post by uraniun235 »

Worf got acne in Insurrection. He got a cold of some sort in the second season, which led to him fainting on the bridge, and Pulaski covered for him because he was ashamed of having a child's disease or something like that.

Bounty

#262 Post by Bounty »

And Wesley offending someone and getting nearly executed for it was in "Justice".
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

artemas

#263 Post by artemas »

"Data and Geordie build an amazing pillow-fort, but are forced to disassemble it for Cardassian peace talks. Troi finds new life in her hair."

Ohma

#264 Post by Ohma »

what about some hypothetical bad ds9?

"Quark's plan to buy a valuable piece of memorabilia off of space eBay hits a snag when Odo starts secretly bidding against him."

"A console in ops begins shocking everyone who uses it. Keiko catches Jake and Nog smoking by the dumpsters behind school."

Zod
perkele

#265 Post by Zod »

Sisko, Dax, Bashir and Dax discover that you really don't die in Dungeons & Dragons.

Stofsk

#266 Post by Stofsk »

Zod wrote:Sisko, Dax, Bashir and Dax discover that you really don't die in Dungeons & Dragons.
that actually happened in an episode once

only it wasn't dungeons and dragons

and i presume you meant kira rather than the two daxes

Zod
perkele

#267 Post by Zod »

Stofsk wrote:
Zod wrote:Sisko, Dax, Bashir and Dax discover that you really don't die in Dungeons & Dragons.
that actually happened in an episode once

only it wasn't dungeons and dragons

and i presume you meant kira rather than the two daxes
I thought I typed in Kira but yes. :P

uraniun235

#268 Post by uraniun235 »

no it's a timeloop which results in jadzia and ezri making out

the best of both worlds

Crazedwraith

#269 Post by Crazedwraith »

[crosspost from teo]

I've been re-watching some season 4 of DS9 and it made me remember something I noticed last time I watch season 5. Which is one of Micheal Eddington's rants in either For The Uniform or Blaze Of Glory, where he mentions Sisko pursued him so doggedly because he was a black mark on Sisko's record and because 'Sisko was so busy measuring himself for an Admiral's Uniform' he couldn't take it.

Now, this comment weirded me out, because Sisko never really seemed that ambitious too me. Was that actually supposed to be one of his characteristics? Or was Eddington just bullshitting?

In fact, I can't recall any starfleeter, with the exception of Shelby, was that ambitious. How many times did Riker turn down command of a ship? Of course, for the most part this is just a side effect of wanting to keep the same main cast through out the run of a show.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#270 Post by Phantasee »

What was Sisko's reaction?

It might be just Eddington giving his own reasons since he can't actually read Sisko's mind.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Zod
perkele

#271 Post by Zod »

Crazedwraith wrote: In fact, I can't recall any starfleeter, with the exception of Shelby, was that ambitious. How many times did Riker turn down command of a ship? Of course, for the most part this is just a side effect of wanting to keep the same main cast through out the run of a show.
I seem to recall Janeway bragging about her Admiral's promotion to Picard.

Crazedwraith

#272 Post by Crazedwraith »

Phantasee wrote:What was Sisko's reaction?

It might be just Eddington giving his own reasons since he can't actually read Sisko's mind.
i seem to recall that entire film being a plot by Janeway to take over the federation but i may have been watching too many sfdebris reviews/
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Ohma

#273 Post by Ohma »

damn ds9 how many duplicate o'briens do you even need?

'in this episode, future o'brien warns assasin android o'brien that the obsidian order has replaced the station with an exact duplicate only twelve feet to the left, the two must team up with past o'brien, unstuck in time o'brien, transporter clone o'brien, regular o'brien, holodeck mishap clone o'brien, evil psychic projection o'brien, mirror mirror o'brien, red o'brien, space o'brien, and mecha o'brien to save the day.'

Zod
perkele

#274 Post by Zod »

mecha o'brien

what

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#275 Post by starku »

i think he is lampooning creative bankrupcy