Lament 2: Cry Harder

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Lament 2: Cry Harder

#751 Post by Aaron »

Man, wtf. I had one piss test when I enlisted and never saw another. Yet I'm supposed to believe that the average job requires a piss test. Give me a break, home of the free my pimpley arse.

Oxymoron

#752 Post by Oxymoron »

Lemme be clear. I'm not defending the practice of corporation generalizing piss tests.

I'm just exposing their motivations to do so.
No.

Zod
perkele

#753 Post by Zod »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Zod wrote:
RyanThunder wrote:How the fuck is any of that any of their concern?
Do you want someone having withdrawal symptoms while they're operating heavy machinery? How about trusting a meth user with people's bank information?
hey those are actually good examples of jobs where it makes sense to test for drugs, now give a good reason why the usher at the local movie theater needs to be marijuana free
I don't really care enough to justify all possible instances. Maybe they don't want him getting the munchies and stealing things from the snack bar?

evilsoup

#754 Post by evilsoup »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
Zod wrote:
Do you want someone having withdrawal symptoms while they're operating heavy machinery? How about trusting a meth user with people's bank information?
hey those are actually good examples of jobs where it makes sense to test for drugs, now give a good reason why the usher at the local movie theater needs to be marijuana free
Does that actually happen?
Hahahahahaa

Flagg

#755 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:
Zod wrote:
Does that actually happen?
Hahahahahaa
I got drug tested for a janitorial job when I was 20.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#756 Post by Aaron »

Oh FFS.

Flagg

#757 Post by Flagg »

What's FFS mean? :lol:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Aaron
El Duderino

#758 Post by Aaron »

For fucks sake

evilsoup

#759 Post by evilsoup »

I don't think I've heard of anyone having to give a piss test
I mean, I'm sure it happens sometimes, but not for anything like that

joviwan

#760 Post by joviwan »

Zod wrote:Timing it so that I actually can take a piss before I go in, mostly.
It's an appt, right? Drink some coffee an hour or two before hand. Heavily caffeinated stuff tends to go through quickly and predictably.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#761 Post by RyanThunder »

Oxymoron wrote:Corporate image.

You don't want people to associate the services you offer with the image of a stoned guy.
If he shows up to work stoned, fire him. Fucking hell, this isn't rocket science.

Flagg

#762 Post by Flagg »

RyanThunder wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Corporate image.

You don't want people to associate the services you offer with the image of a stoned guy.
If he shows up to work stoned, fire him. Fucking hell, this isn't rocket science.
But if he smokes in his off hours he's an immoral person who doesn't deserve a job. That's why he should start drinking.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

The Spartan

#763 Post by The Spartan »

I had to give two to get my current job. Not because they require two, but because I had drunk so much water to make sure I could piss for the first one that it was too dilute and I had to go back and give another.

I've also been tested twice since getting the job, but I work at a manufacturing facility with access to a lab that has dangerous equipment in it (like a pressure vessel) and, even though I'm mostly an office worker, I do occasionally go out onto the shop floor or into the lab to run a test. Consequently, I'm not entirely unlike Zod's heavy machinery operator example.

Then there's the push to require drug tests to receive welfare. Which sounds to me like a good way to spend a ton more money on something.

evilsoup

#764 Post by evilsoup »

Then there's the push to require drug tests to receive welfare.
Jesus Christ

Zod
perkele

#765 Post by Zod »

The Spartan wrote:I had to give two to get my current job. Not because they require two, but because I had drunk so much water to make sure I could piss for the first one that it was too dilute and I had to go back and give another.
I'll be dealing with sensitive personal info, so they wanted me to get one before I get hired. Would've taken it last week but I couldn't get to the place in time.
Then there's the push to require drug tests to receive welfare. Which sounds to me like a good way to spend a ton more money on something.
That one is flat out bullshit, and it's already been shown to be a waste of money thanks to Florida.

evilsoup

#766 Post by evilsoup »

it's naked class warfare

>:3

#767 Post by >:3 »

Who cares about the state losing money, the testing company the governor founded made a profit, and that's what matters.
>:3

Stofsk

#768 Post by Stofsk »

I hope my dog is ok. A year ago he got cruciate ligament surgery after he injured himself running after some birds off the leash one day. He's been normal after he recovered but lately when I've been walking him he'll occasionally start limping on the same leg, then he'll resume normal walking. But yesterday he was chasing something and acting like a typical terrier in the back yard, and he started limping. Today he's been a little bit better but he's still pretty stiff on the leg when he's not limping. I'll probably take him to the vet soon but I really hope it's just pain and some painkillers will be all that's required.

I should really start saving up money in case his other leg goes.

Flagg

#769 Post by Flagg »

The Spartan wrote:I had to give two to get my current job. Not because they require two, but because I had drunk so much water to make sure I could piss for the first one that it was too dilute and I had to go back and give another.

I've also been tested twice since getting the job, but I work at a manufacturing facility with access to a lab that has dangerous equipment in it (like a pressure vessel) and, even though I'm mostly an office worker, I do occasionally go out onto the shop floor or into the lab to run a test. Consequently, I'm not entirely unlike Zod's heavy machinery operator example.

Dude, they make the welfare recipient pay for it.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Losonti Tokash

#770 Post by Losonti Tokash »

in what litttle defense can be made for that, you do get reimbursed if you pass

and 98% of the people passed the initial screening so they spent shitloads more on that than they ever lost to fraud

Gands

#771 Post by Gands »

Aaron wrote:Is it just the ridiculous strobing shit Einy used to post that bothers you?
It's hard to define it, but Einy's "eye watering" images are way past the proverbial line.

It's a thing of strobing, plus contrast. Going between royal and navy blue isn't an issue. But almost anything on a black background sucks.

Flagg

#772 Post by Flagg »

It's hilarious, too. Because most people on welfare have children, so it doesn't just punish the drug user, it punishes the children.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#773 Post by Zod »

Welp. The piss test is out of the way after a frantic hustle to get a new piece of order paperwork that they didn't tell me was required when I had to reschedule my appointment. Wound up having to duck out of my temp job early today but at least this means I've got my full time permanent job effectively secured and I should be able to start next week.

The Spartan

#774 Post by The Spartan »

Flagg wrote:It's hilarious, too. Because most people on welfare have children, so it doesn't just punish the drug user, it punishes the children.
Well if they're on welfare they shouldn't be having children the can't afford. :colbert:

evilsoup

#775 Post by evilsoup »

In the UK, 40% of people on benefit are actually employed, but the minimum wage is too low and so the state subsidises their greedy employers by topping their income up to a liveable amount
what are the figures of that situation in the USA?