Fuckin' New Guy

Re: The Return of Testing Chat Thread

#1651 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

We can still loot them. Its the principle of the thing, dammit

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1652 Post by Darksi4190 »

You're one of those people who steals every glass or plate in Elder Scrolls, aren't you.

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#1653 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

I might be if I'd ever played an Elder Scrolls game. I've had Morrowind sitting in some chest where I stored all my old computer games, but for one reason or another I never quite got around to playing it, or Oblivion, or Skyfall. Maybe one of these days.

I shall take the dishware theft under advisement. In the meantime I will continue watching the bloodbath and calculate ways I shall profit.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1654 Post by Aaron »

Man, I've been conditioned by twenty years of RPGs to pick up everything. I even collect plates and cups to give to Muggy in F:NV, so I can then sell the stuff he makes out of it. It's pretty ridiculous.

Oxymoron

#1655 Post by Oxymoron »

Glass Fort MacLeod wrote:Skyfall
It's "Skyrim". I don't think I've ever seen James Bond in these games, but considering I've never really played them what do I know ? :fukyu:

Aaron : for me that's the reverse, saving space / weight for the interesting loot or my own equipment ; so much that I often don't collect rifles and semi-valuable things like that, and end up with a dozen weapon and their munitions I carry around - I'm always at max weight with the ammo alone.
No.

Dooey Jo

#1656 Post by Dooey Jo »

you can take the testingstani out of the teo but apparently you can't take the teo out of the testingstani
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Aaron
El Duderino

#1657 Post by Aaron »

So it would seem.

Sandman

#1658 Post by Sandman »

Oxymoron wrote:It's "Skyrim". I don't think I've ever seen James Bond in these games, but considering I've never really played them what do I know ? :fukyu:
Honestly, I think Skyrim would probably be a whole lot more interesting if James Bond were in it. Certainly it couldn't really be any less interesting than it already is, and anything that involves an Aston Martin in a chase scene with a dragon would be a more worthwhile investment than playing an ex-convict who wanders around and shouts at people.

Stofsk

#1659 Post by Stofsk »

Glass Fort MacLeod wrote:I might be if I'd ever played an Elder Scrolls game. I've had Morrowind sitting in some chest where I stored all my old computer games, but for one reason or another I never quite got around to playing it, or Oblivion, or Skyfall. Maybe one of these days.
I never played Morrowind, but I can tell you that I wasted hours of my life on Oblivion before I came to the stunning realisation that it was crap and that I couldn't get those hours back.

The Elder Scrolls is one of the most boring, bland and poorly designed computer RPGs ever released, and people losing their shit over it baffles me.

Sandman

#1660 Post by Sandman »

The major thing about the Elder Scrolls games is that they do have two major redeeming features. The first is that they often present an open, sprawling world map to explore. The second is that they have a decent soundtrack, provided for the past three games by the immensely talented Jeremy Soule, and this is always by far the best feature of the game.

However, literally everything else about those games tends to be utterly horrible. The art design is laughable, the scenery is okay but actual characters look terrible, the artificial intelligence barely exists, even major boss fights are often ludicrously easy, the combat itself scarcely exists except as click-til-it-dies, and each subsequent game strips more and more actual complexity and choice from the game itself. To the point that the latest title is arguably just an action game with roleplaying elements rather than an actual roleplaying game, really. And it sort of undercuts the exploration angle when there's nothing even remotely worthwhile to be found.

And to top it all off, the storylines in these games are basically nonexistent. I doubt anyone would remember much more about Oblivion than the assassin quests, and the fact that the opening was narrated by Emperor Jean-Luc Picard.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1661 Post by Aaron »

Skyrim looked great, from a distance and only the ground.

Zod
perkele

#1662 Post by Zod »

Sandman wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:It's "Skyrim". I don't think I've ever seen James Bond in these games, but considering I've never really played them what do I know ? :fukyu:
Honestly, I think Skyrim would probably be a whole lot more interesting if James Bond were in it. Certainly it couldn't really be any less interesting than it already is, and anything that involves an Aston Martin in a chase scene with a dragon would be a more worthwhile investment than playing an ex-convict who wanders around and shouts at people.
I'm sure someone could mod it in. You've already got machoman and MLP mods.

Oxymoron

#1663 Post by Oxymoron »

So, today I added another mark on the list of why in case of nuclear war I wouldn't survive.

What I already knew : first, the whole city is a giant pit of R&D with world class scientific instrument (biggest synchrotron in the world, biggest source of neutron for scientific use in the world, etc...). Then, less than ten kilometres from the city centre are big chemical plants - a strategic industry in wartime that could be converted to produce explosives and such. Moreover, between 20 and 40 kilometres upstream the river going in the middle of my city, are a score of big hydroelectric dams producing roughly a third to a half of France's hydroelectricity - in case of war, the whole valley would likely be submerged by a tsunami of boiling radioactive water.

This, is what I already knew.

Well, today I learned that my city is also one of the few places in the world (which can be numbered on the fingers of one hand) which has the industrial infrastructure to mass-produce complex microelectronic systems such as microprocessors and other products of vital importance for the industry of our modern world.

Basically, in case of war the whole region is going to be carpet bombed, be it with conventional or nuclear explosives.

Oh well. Not as if it had even the littlest chance of ever happening. Still, I find it's fun to know I live pretty much in the centre of a giant bullseye on a nuclear targeting map.
No.

Zod
perkele

#1664 Post by Zod »

Oxymoron wrote:So, today I added another mark on the list of why in case of nuclear war I wouldn't survive.

What I already knew : first, the whole city is a giant pit of R&D with world class scientific instrument (biggest synchrotron in the world, biggest source of neutron for scientific use in the world, etc...). Then, less than ten kilometres from the city centre are big chemical plants - a strategic industry in wartime that could be converted to produce explosives and such. Moreover, between 20 and 40 kilometres upstream the river going in the middle of my city, are a score of big hydroelectric dams producing roughly a third to a half of France's hydroelectricity - in case of war, the whole valley would likely be submerged by a tsunami of boiling radioactive water.

This, is what I already knew.

Well, today I learned that my city is also one of the few places in the world (which can be numbered on the fingers of one hand) which has the industrial infrastructure to mass-produce complex microelectronic systems such as microprocessors and other products of vital importance for the industry of our modern world.

Basically, in case of war the whole region is going to be carpet bombed, be it with conventional or nuclear explosives.

Oh well. Not as if it had even the littlest chance of ever happening. Still, I find it's fun to know I live pretty much in the centre of a giant bullseye on a nuclear targeting map.
Look at it this way; you're probably better off than New York. :v

Oxymoron

#1665 Post by Oxymoron »

In a lot of different ways, probably yes. :v
No.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1666 Post by Aaron »

Where abouts are you?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1667 Post by RogueIce »

France :iamafuckwit:

Aaron
El Duderino

#1668 Post by Aaron »

I hadn't noticed.

Zablorg
Baron of the Burrito

#1669 Post by Zablorg »

why isn't there an S on the back of his cape?

why

why

why :whine:

Losonti Tokash

#1670 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i live nearby us stratcom do i win the totally fucked award

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#1671 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

I live a couple towns away from an airport with a particularly long runway. That's the best I got unless suddenly trees and bears become vital targets.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#1672 Post by RyanThunder »

I live in Toronto, Canada, which means I get to deal with all the fallout from New York and Washington and the mid-US missile bases. :D

Flagg

#1673 Post by Flagg »

I live less than 10 miles from where a Nuclear Warship is docked. Yay me!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Zod
perkele

#1674 Post by Zod »

I live an hour from ground zero. Before that I had NORAD in Colorado. Yay me?

Agent Bert Macklin

#1675 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Zod wrote:I live an hour from ground zero. Before that I had NORAD in Colorado. Yay me?
I'd like to go to ground zero and have a Crohn's shit on it.