The Return of Testing Chat Thread

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Straha
Lecturer

Re: The Return of Testing Chat Thread

#2351 Post by Straha »

Worst case? A screaming match. Maybe knives and guns. I know a couple people (second-hand) who were practically ejected from conferences for a controversial paper.

But Anthropologists? Anthropologists are cray.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Oxymoron

#2352 Post by Oxymoron »

Well, worst case scenario, one of them is going to go away from the conference with your head in a jar.

No biggy.
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#2353 Post by Straha »

They'll have a pretty head in a jar. Certainly the prettiest head of them all. They'll be the envy of all the other Anthropologists.

Maybe they'll even try to shrink my head and write a paper on it. Something to look forward to.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

timmy

#2354 Post by timmy »

Haha, decapitate Straha!
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

adr-admin
Site Admin

#2355 Post by adr-admin »

the math/school stuff is moved to the other NT thread.

BTW this is the first time i've ever done a split. wow you guys weren't kidding, this is an absolutely terrible ui. god damn

Oxymoron

#2356 Post by Oxymoron »

So, just to show I much I isolated myself from the news, I just learned today that my country finally got into the actual war in Mali.

So, I thought, for the heck of it, let's check what SDN has to say on the subject.

Seriously, guys. Not only did they manage to turn that into a Lybia thread, it's also going into Murcafuckyeah territory.

*smirk*
No.

evilsoup

#2357 Post by evilsoup »

it's OK oxy, I respect your nation as an imperialist power

Losonti Tokash

#2358 Post by Losonti Tokash »

hearing hysterical anti-muslim rhetoric from a country that isn't america is a refreshing change of pace

Oxymoron

#2359 Post by Oxymoron »

*shrug*

I stated before that I would (have) prefer(ed) if the Africans did the job of saving their countries themselves, with the logistical & training support of Europe and NATO if need be ; but quite honestly given how shitty the situation in Mali is already, I have difficulties picturing how it could get any worse with us going over there.

Not saying we aren't Imperialists. Just that in this particular case I have difficulties disagreeing with the use of our forces.
Losonti Tokash wrote:hearing hysterical anti-muslim rhetoric from a country that isn't america is a refreshing change of pace
As I said, I'm cut from the news at large (by choice), so could you point me toward examples of such, please ?
No.

Djinnkitty83

#2360 Post by Djinnkitty83 »

Straha wrote:But Anthropologists? Anthropologists are cray.
This is why I hang around geologists. At the academic family reunion, if anthropologists are the possibly homicidal maniac with a chip on their shoulder, geologists are the weird, bearded uncle who drinks too much and cracks inappropriate jokes in front of the children.

evilsoup

#2361 Post by evilsoup »

While I'm always suspicious of military intervention... this is an intervention in favour of a democratically-elected government against mostly foreign Islamists who want to impose Wahhabi Sharia on the country. So the French (and the UK is helping out a bit too) are at least on the right side. Whether they'll be successful, IDK, I haven't looked into the issues in enough detail to tell.

Jung

#2362 Post by Jung »

Negative Knub wrote:Jung, who is that in your avatar.
It's from here.

Questor

#2363 Post by Questor »

Oxymoron wrote:Well, worst case scenario, one of them is going to go away from the conference with your head in a jar.

No biggy.
By long tradition, something else needs to be removed....

Zod
perkele

#2364 Post by Zod »

Questor wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Well, worst case scenario, one of them is going to go away from the conference with your head in a jar.

No biggy.
By long tradition, something else needs to be removed....
The question is, which head?

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2365 Post by Phantasee »

timmy wrote:Haha, decapitate Straha!
Best
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid