Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Aaron
El Duderino

Re: Godammed SDN

#1551 Post by Aaron »

https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic ... y#p3134188

SancheztheWhaler wrote: I'm curious about something - exactly what is your opinion worth? Do you have an economics degree? Do you work in a financial field, analyzing macro-economic trends? You speak as though you are an economic expert, so I'm curious why we should value your opinion over that of the folks writing the article.
J wrote: Actually I do. I work for DFAIT, where my job is economics & trade analysis (focusing on the US & China) for the purpose of helping to formulate trade policies for Canada.
I wrote:Didn't you say in this thread:

J wrote:I don't have one, unless I count the intro course I had to take as part of my course distribution in university. It's all self-taught plus on the job training since I've been working with foreign trade & economics a lot for the last little while.
I wrote:You'll have to excuse me if that does not fill me with confidence. If someone on the board claimed this in relation to a hard science field or the military they would be laughed off the board.
She's full of it, and always has been.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1552 Post by starku »

We need a quote from her

'shorting all those banks doesn't make me a bad person'

'heaps of people did it'

Aaron
El Duderino

#1553 Post by Aaron »

Yeah, even Shep said he hoped she went broke.

Zod
perkele

#1554 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:https://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic ... y#p3134188

SancheztheWhaler wrote: I'm curious about something - exactly what is your opinion worth? Do you have an economics degree? Do you work in a financial field, analyzing macro-economic trends? You speak as though you are an economic expert, so I'm curious why we should value your opinion over that of the folks writing the article.
J wrote: Actually I do. I work for DFAIT, where my job is economics & trade analysis (focusing on the US & China) for the purpose of helping to formulate trade policies for Canada.
I wrote:Didn't you say in this thread:

J wrote:I don't have one, unless I count the intro course I had to take as part of my course distribution in university. It's all self-taught plus on the job training since I've been working with foreign trade & economics a lot for the last little while.
I wrote:You'll have to excuse me if that does not fill me with confidence. If someone on the board claimed this in relation to a hard science field or the military they would be laughed off the board.
She's full of it, and always has been.
you know speaking about qualifications

it's kind of funny how it seems like someone's qualifications never come into question until that person starts having opinions that people don't like

Aaron
El Duderino

#1555 Post by Aaron »

Yup.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1556 Post by Aaron »

One of the more hilarious things about being i nthe Mess over there is that because no one else really knows anything about the military and the members generally back each other is that you could pretty much say whatever the hell you wanted, as long as it wasn't "yeah we secretly landed dudes on the moon in '84"

Flagg

#1557 Post by Flagg »

Notice how I'm not responding to Chocula? I think it's driving him mad. And even if it's not, he's getting into arguments with others about it which is a lol and too much fun for me to stop.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#1558 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Notice how I'm not responding to Chocula? I think it's driving him mad. And even if it's not, he's getting into arguments with others about it which is a lol and too much fun for me to stop.
how dare you not jump through his hoops!

adr-admin
Site Admin

#1559 Post by adr-admin »

Dooey Jo wrote:maybe i would make an advanced script so it would appear to the banned person that he is still posting something, so he wouldn't notice for a while
i did that as an option for my comments module for work figuring it would discourage spammers and trolls from coming back

the client wanted all content moderated, nothing shows up without someone's approval, so spammers could waste a lot of time with this

but then he said no he wants it normal

because idk

Bakustra

#1560 Post by Bakustra »

lololol

'So "probably" equals "yes." I'll update my dictionary. By the way, dipshit, there are individual questions tabulated in both your link and the original survey. See Question K1 and see who's ahead of Fox. K2, Fox viewers lose. K3 is a statistical dead heat. On K5, all 3 cable networks are within 2% of each other and more charitable than reality. Huh. Dipshit. As a prior poster said, don't trust cable news. Dipshit.

EDIT: Where's Flagg? Enquiring minds don't really care.'

Agent Bert Macklin

#1561 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Chocula claims to be an independent, but he's anything but. I don't ever, EVER, recall seeing him support one liberal policy.

Bakustra

#1562 Post by Bakustra »

the dragon rar in fantasy is going exactly as i have foreseen
1). Become a female juvenile bronze dragon (I don't think Q would object to the gender flip). This is mainly to maximize my chances of survivability (and by an extension the survival of the newly created dragon race). Since dragons lay eggs, I can't think of any major advantages or disadvantages towards belonging to either gender. Besides, I still have my alternate form ability so I should be able to just change into my original male human form with no problem.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1563 Post by Aaron »

Right...watching the eggs?

Traditionally dragons inhabit mountains, a generally cold and barren area, i can't imagine that dropping them in a hole and leaving would be much of an option.

Zod
perkele

#1564 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:Right...watching the eggs?

Traditionally dragons inhabit mountains, a generally cold and barren area, i can't imagine that dropping them in a hole and leaving would be much of an option.
depends on which universe you're pulling your dragons from

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1565 Post by starku »

that whole thread is summarised by the title

'stupid rar fatty bullshit for nerds only (detailed)'

that's right

he points out that unlike other fatty bullshit, his has HEAPS OF DETAIL

ps is there a reason to split that shit up by 'how many posts you have = you get better stuff' other than to encourage the long-term members to be invovled

what are the economics of fatso

ps aaron you are sadly uninformed as to the amazing lameness of dnd dragons

consider the following

metal dragons are good

colour dragons are bad

gem dragons are neutral

no really that's how it works

Aaron
El Duderino

#1566 Post by Aaron »

Yeah. I don't want to break my brain by reading the thread though.

Fuck off, really? Jesus.

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#1567 Post by starku »

yeah they're hyperintelligent super-races of magical dudes

but totally predictable around temperament just like humans right lol

Aaron
El Duderino

#1568 Post by Aaron »

I love those old sw rar threads where long time members like me or knife would go "give isd to feds, keep lamba, you guys are tards.

Zod
perkele

#1569 Post by Zod »

Aaron wrote:Yeah. I don't want to break my brain by reading the thread though.

Fuck off, really? Jesus.
well to be fair at the time they coined that standard there wasn't a whole lot of stuff about dragons that didn't follow the tolkien stereotype

Bakustra

#1570 Post by Bakustra »

Zod wrote:
Aaron wrote:Yeah. I don't want to break my brain by reading the thread though.

Fuck off, really? Jesus.
well to be fair at the time they coined that standard there wasn't a whole lot of stuff about dragons that didn't follow the tolkien stereotype
tolkien stereotype, beowulf stereotype, and long stereotype are infinitely better than fifteen different kinds of dragons separated into good, evil, and neutral for both gameplay and for story/whatever.

thankfully at least the most recent edition ditched a lot of that, but you still have color-codes to tell you what they breathe.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1571 Post by Aaron »

Didn't he have one whole dragon?

IIRC skyrim uses the colour system.

Bakustra

#1572 Post by Bakustra »

Aaron wrote:Didn't he have one whole dragon?

IIRC skyrim uses the colour system.
i mean in the sense of tolkien dragons are evil, intelligent, and manipulative (and he had a total of three dragons, one of whom never gets any lines lol)
beowulf dragons are bestial forces of nature
chinese-influenced long are chill bros who hang out in rivers and eat arsenic and occasionally wreck dudes who try to steal from them but are eager to hand stuff out to heroes

pretty much every game takes d&d's colors if not its attributes

so you're gonna see red, blue, green, black, and white dragons probably.

Stofsk

#1573 Post by Stofsk »

i don't know how this became complicated

dragons = a giant flying lizard that breathes fire and occasionally talks sass to heroes

but nonono you gotta have ones that breath acid, ones that breathe poison, ones that breathe lightning (wtf), they all gotta cast spells and can shapeshift into humans etc etc

although i forgive monkey for having the dragon there shapeshift into trippitaka's horsie

Aaron
El Duderino

#1574 Post by Aaron »

Were did thr other two show up? I only know Smaug.

Aaron
El Duderino

#1575 Post by Aaron »

Stofsk wrote:i don't know how this became complicated

dragons = a giant flying lizard that breathes fire and occasionally talks sass to heroes

but nonono you gotta have ones that breath acid, ones that breathe poison, ones that breathe lightning (wtf), they all gotta cast spells and can shapeshift into humans etc etc

although i forgive monkey for having the dragon there shapeshift into trippitaka's horsie
Maybe people got pissed if the pc was weak vs fire.