Testing Chat IV: A New Hope

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Testing Chat IV: A New Hope

#526 Post by Flagg »

Yet c02 levels are at the highest in record, the climate is warming rapidly, and oceans will rise.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

magic princess

#527 Post by magic princess »

Yes, Flagg. It's just intensely likely that this will bring about a planetary response in a completely unpredicted fashion.

magic princess

#528 Post by magic princess »

My favourite one would be uncontrollable endless peat bog fires in Russia and Canada which fill the atmosphere with so much choking soot that it drives temperature down. Fires in those bogs were long expected to be the closest thing to actual nuclear winter the world would get in a nuclear exchange, and as that part of the world starts to dry and warm, there is a real potential there for wildfires on an unfathomably vast scale which would serve to cool the globe down with a vast injection of particular matter into the atmosphere -- and condemn the industrial northern hemisphere to a perpetual mud of London 1880s industrial smog, but fed by nature.

Flagg

#529 Post by Flagg »

You know what would be funny? If Marshal Applewhite was totally right about everything but the castration.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#530 Post by evilsoup »

Flagg wrote:You know what would be funny? If Marshal Applewhite was totally right about everything but the castration.
???
who?

Flagg

#531 Post by Flagg »

Cult leader who led a mass suicide in the nineties. They thought a spaceship was in the tail of comet hale bop and if they killed themselves they would be beamed aboard. Hilarious.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#532 Post by Oxymoron »

magic princess wrote:My favourite one would be uncontrollable endless peat bog fires in Russia and Canada which fill the atmosphere with so much choking soot that it drives temperature down. Fires in those bogs were long expected to be the closest thing to actual nuclear winter the world would get in a nuclear exchange, and as that part of the world starts to dry and warm, there is a real potential there for wildfires on an unfathomably vast scale which would serve to cool the globe down with a vast injection of particular matter into the atmosphere -- and condemn the industrial northern hemisphere to a perpetual mud of London 1880s industrial smog, but fed by nature.
Well, you know what ?

It's time to invest in gasmask companies ! #CapitalistPig
No.

Oxymoron

#533 Post by Oxymoron »

Also, I leave you guys for a days, and you write me two fucking pages of philosphical essays ?

*wipe tears away* I'm so proud of y'all...
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#534 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:
RogueIce wrote: You got some details on those Jaina Solo books you mentioned? I've always liked the character so I'm curious. Hopefully they don't fuck it up. For all that it matters as the new movies may or may not render her non-canon anyway.
The series is called "Sword of the Jedi," and is supposed to be Jaina-centric, but i'm not hopeful. The author, Christie Golden, was the worst of the three authors involved in the "Fate of the Jedi" series. Alliston and Denning's books were at least entertaining to read, even if they were saddled by the overall "the galaxy is once again in peril" plot mandated by the editors. Alliston and Denning were able to do decent characterization, good action, and Alliston had his trademark humor. Golden's books had none of this. Maybe they just suffered because she was the middle writer, but her books are also noticeably shorter than the others. It just doesn't seem like she put much effort into writing them. According to Wookiepedia, FotJ is also the first thing she's ever done for the Star Wars franchise. I like Jaina as a character as well, and I really wish they were giving this series to a more veteran author.
Reading UA's analysis of Warcraft lore it seems she's not a whole lot better over there, either. Which is sad. :(

I mean if they wanted a female author for some reason, go get A. C. Crispin. Otherwise yeah, I'd go for Allston (no I in his name you know), Zahn, Denning or any of the other vets.

I wouldn't even be adverse to them finding some other author but I don't read much SF outside of Star Wars so I couldn't name any names.
Oxymoron wrote:Also, I leave you guys for a days, and you write me two fucking pages of philosphical essays ?

*wipe tears away* I'm so proud of y'all...
Oh go shave your smelly neck beard already. :v

Flagg

#535 Post by Flagg »

Is SDN down for everyone or is it just me?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Gands

#536 Post by Gands »

Down for me too.

Flagg

#537 Post by Flagg »

Gands wrote:Down for me too.
Thanks.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#538 Post by evilsoup »

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#539 Post by Darksi4190 »

that's the second time in like a month. Maybe the server's getting ready to shit the bed again?

Flagg

#540 Post by Flagg »

I think Mike is off doing something out of town too.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#541 Post by Oxymoron »

I suppose having a consumer-grade computer running 24/7 might do bad things for its life expectancy.
No.

Losonti Tokash

#542 Post by Losonti Tokash »

pretty sure the last downtime was due to someone attacking the server so

Oxymoron

#543 Post by Oxymoron »

The time before that was hardware failure. Dead hard disk drive, IIRC.
No.

Oxymoron

#544 Post by Oxymoron »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vlcaJMBP4fE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQrYN5u6pSk

The Femen pissing off the French far-right during their annual celebration of Jeanne d'Arc.
No.

Bounty

#545 Post by Bounty »

Oxymoron wrote:I suppose having a consumer-grade computer running 24/7 might do bad things for its life expectancy.
Running 24/7 is actually easier on the hardware than frequent restarts from cold.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Oxymoron

#546 Post by Oxymoron »

For a consumer grade SATA hdd too ?
No.

xon

#547 Post by xon »

It's change in temperature which have the biggest impact on hard drive livespan, doesn't matter if it is fancy enterprise stuff or consumer grade.

Civil War Man

#548 Post by Civil War Man »

The main thing that differentiates the enterprise and consumer grade computers is that the consumer stuff tends to use cheaper hardware. The hardware still functions by the same rules, but the consumer grade stuff tends to fail faster because it wasn't built with longevity in mind.

Darksi4190

#549 Post by Darksi4190 »

Grades for the semester are in. A- in English, B+ in history. Not my best school semester, but it's certainly in the top ten.

Darksi4190

#550 Post by Darksi4190 »

Question for Straha. As a Vegan, would you be opposed to eating This stuff? I mean it's technically meat and technically alive, but it's entirely lab-grown and possesses no consciousness whatsoever.