Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
RyanThunder
Knows Best

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#651 Post by RyanThunder »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Hmm maybe people have some sort of desire for privacy and being left alone ???

obviously a negligible defect let's just ignore it
precisely

but alas it's more deeply seated than that, so it's not like people would adjust to it in a healthy way

oh well.

evilsoup

#652 Post by evilsoup »

Give me six lines written by the most honest man in the world, and I will find enough in them to hang him.

For example: I have joked about hanging tory MPs from lamp-posts here (I have since revised my position by the way, I think hanging is too good for them). If the authorities wanted, that alone would be enough to fuck up a year or so of my life. It would be trivial to turn widespread surveillance into an effective tool of oppression, even ignoring the fact that every time an MP tries to defend this kind of thing the amount of shit I would give if someone were to sarin-gas Parliament drops by a few grams.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#653 Post by RyanThunder »

*sigh*

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#655 Post by adr »

On the African plains, we developed a division-of-labor scheme that has done well for 200,000 years. It’s called ‘Men’s Work’ and ‘Women’s Work’. So far, so good but it’s under attack because Men’s Work doesn’t get you killed as often as it used to so now there are more applicants.

First, the division of labor recognized that women have babies and can’t travel well so they stayed home and the men protected the territory. Men become hostile, confrontational, aggressive, in short, all the elements needed to protect the borders of the territory. Women became agreeable, companionable, supportive, sympathetic, in short, all the elements needed to develop a community. Women work better and are safer in groups: they developed instincts of homesickness, loneliness, and fear of isolation.
Some sub-specie had men who also became lonely and homesick while checking the territory: they failed to thrive.

Kipling said; “Something hidden, Go and find it.”
Every man who ever lived felt an urge to go and find his pack after Kipling’s reminder of who we are.
For the past 10,000 years women have generated the birthday parties, the anniversaries, the box-lunch socials, the funerals, the weddings. Women create the environments in which men may meet without killing each other and despite women’s best efforts, they are not always successful.

The field of Science is almost entirely composed of ‘multi-dimensional abstractions’. From imaginary numbers to the ‘folding of proteins’, we hold our ideas in our imaginary air, as Sir Isaac Newton described it, ‘constant before us and wait.” While there are women with spatial dimensional ability they are few and experience has taught the lab’s they will probably not generate great success. Nevertheless, the hostile confrontation is not reserved solely for our territorial guards and there are many who respond, “Don’t tell me what I can do. You’re not the boss of me!”

This confrontational component of our society being addressed herein is a very recent rejection of millennium of developed instinct based on trial and error. In order that everyone may feel good about themselves, we’ve created a unisex test that minimizes the gender differences and many have come to believe that men and women are the same. Larry Summers read 200 years of occupational data and mentioned the gender tendencies and was beset by irate women and their unisex sympathizers. I have no objection to women who want to work their ass off to do what men do naturally and have been doing for thousands upon thousands of years: developing vast complex three dimensional schemes of their imaginings and watching these schemes work out relationships. As Einstein said, “I seldom think in words at all.”

As I’ve told my women friends for 50 years: if you want to do ‘spatial diminsioning’ as well as men, then do what we did: kill everyone who fails the test! It’s called ‘getting lost’.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Oxymoron

#656 Post by Oxymoron »

Is that a quote ?
No.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#657 Post by RyanThunder »

It's one of the comments on the article :failure:

Oxymoron

#658 Post by Oxymoron »

I tend to automatically discard any argument on social issues that summon evo-psych reasonings.
No.

adr

#659 Post by adr »

idk if the commenter is trolling or srs

cuz I've seen "scientists" say that stuff in complete seriousness, but on the other hand the context, explicitly about bias and #4 people, tells me it might be a troll

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#660 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

#macklemore didnt free the gays for this
is my new favourite tag

adr

#661 Post by adr »

BTW in case it wasn't clear, the body of the article discusses an experiment that showed gender bias in science hiring; the comment I quoted is bullshit, the article itself is not, so don't be discouraged from clicking it!

adr

#662 Post by adr »

from a comment on the guardian

" the FUKUS (French, UK US) "

FUKUS

LOL

timmy

#663 Post by timmy »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:#macklemore didnt free the gays for this
is my new favourite tag
:neckbeard:
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

evilsoup

#664 Post by evilsoup »

FUKUS that's genius

Straha
Lecturer

#665 Post by Straha »

It figures that Broomstick is the one whose ignorance is the thing that makes me post over there...
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Flagg

#666 Post by Flagg »

Ugh, so glad I never have to read anything that dumbshit posts ever again.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Questor

#667 Post by Questor »

I haven't been over there, but I'm going to guess that the current debate is about Syria, and that one group has taken it as written that the US will intervene with a ground invasion and probably a Nazi style genocide, and the other is going on about how that's what's needed. Throw in Thanas being pissed with Obama about something idiotic (that has nothing to do with the many legitimate reasons to be pissed with Obama) - bonus points if its over something Obama hasn't actually done yet.

If the thread has reached 7 pages, someone will have brought up Snowden and Manning (I can't remember, what was the name she chose?) and at least two people will have been banned for minor transgressions.

How did I do?

Gands

#668 Post by Gands »

Straha wrote:It figures that Broomstick is the one whose ignorance is the thing that makes me post over there...
Your posts never fail to make me happy.

evilsoup

#669 Post by evilsoup »

aww man I just heard the coolest thing on the radio
this guy has set up a charge number (which apparently only costs £10) which he uses when filling in online forms etc., so now cold callers have to pay him for the privilege of talking to him

adr

#670 Post by adr »

Questor wrote: (I can't remember, what was the name she chose?)
Chelsea

so I just by chance saw the local newspaper and guess what the front page story was? town of watertown ambulance service is in financial trouble. they say the insurance companies started dragging their feet in submitting payments, taking typically at least 90 days to fork it over messing with their budget since they have to buy now, and the patients rarely pay their end, leaving some $24,000/year unpaid

the $100,000/year they get from taxes isn't good enough to keep up with payroll and they're looking at new revenue sources and trying to collect more faster, from patients and insurance companies alike, now

surely not a coincidence that they were so pushy with selling their services to me and unwilling to significantly negotiate on the bill

I blame congress for failing to pass medicare for all. that'd prolly be easier on everybody.

adr

#671 Post by adr »

so I would love it if once, just once, when the state said "all options are on the table" or "any necessary measures are authorized" they actually meant "we'll compromise on some of our demands and act rationally to prevent further bloodshed"

Jung

#672 Post by Jung »

adr wrote:On the African plains, we developed a division-of-labor scheme that has done well for 200,000 years. It’s called ‘Men’s Work’ and ‘Women’s Work’. So far, so good but it’s under attack because Men’s Work doesn’t get you killed as often as it used to so now there are more applicants.
Man the notion that women were safer than men in patriarchal societies looks pretty questionable if you look at the actual numbers and stuff.

I wrote a couple of big posts on SB on the subject. The server's not working right now so I'll just post the link to the one I've got open right now, and I've got another one comparing deaths in childbirth before modern medicine to deaths in warfare.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#673 Post by RogueIce »

Jung wrote:I wrote a couple of big posts on SB on the subject. The server's not working right now
Wait no shit really???!!! :psyduck:

hahaha Who am I kidding? :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#674 Post by RogueIce »

But in all seriousness, every time I've tried going to SB for about the past week, it won't load. Has there been a long-term outage or am I just really unlucky in picking my times to browse?

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#675 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

You're just unlucky. There's a chunk of the day where it won't work. Usually hits in a couple of hours.