videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: videojuegos

#776 Post by Darksi4190 »

Los, are you still gonna hop on and play BF3 every once and a while or are you completely switched over now?

Because if so I have no one to play with and bought a 15$ expansion for no reason.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#777 Post by RogueIce »

also, insert "I can still play games from 1993 on my PC" pc gamer joke.
PC Gaming master race :v

Gands

#778 Post by Gands »

Jovial Jeff wrote:
Flagg wrote:Viva Xbox One! Ribbba!
Who in their right mind would purchase that gimmick?
Someone who wants to play the games on it?

I'll probably get one when there are some games to play. Until then, I'm riding out the 360.

Losonti Tokash

#779 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Darksi4190 wrote:Los, are you still gonna hop on and play BF3 every once and a while or are you completely switched over now?

Because if so I have no one to play with and bought a 15$ expansion for no reason.
I moved my 360 but it's still hooked up and shit. There's games coming out on it I want, plus no backwards compatibility and I gotta play mass effect bro

Crazedwraith

#780 Post by Crazedwraith »

joviwan wrote:
also, insert "I can still play games from 1993 on my PC" pc gamer joke.

Speaking of that, I have been playing various Total Annihilation mods recently. They are most shit in different ways but I am still having fun.

Though mods' tendancy to turn AA weapons into AA only annoy me. I loved the everyone shoots at everything part of TA.

In console news I picked up [PROTOTYPE] for my ps3 for £4 and I'm feeling ripped off. I've only done like the intro missions until it unlocks the sandbox though.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#781 Post by evilsoup »

I fucking love total annihilation

joviwan

#782 Post by joviwan »

I miss my aiming my big bertha batteries at the floor right in front of them so that they lobbed artillery across the map

evilsoup

#783 Post by evilsoup »

The Krogoth is the yardstick by which I measure all other ginourmous robots

Stofsk

#784 Post by Stofsk »

Total Annihilation was an amazing game for its time. It was probably the first time I ever played a strategy game that felt large in scope. You start from nothing, and from small steps (building a mine, then a solar collector, then another mine etc) you go to having huge armies being built from row after row of vehicle and KBOT plants, with aircraft plants churning out fighters that immediately go out on patrol. I remember one time I played a game where it was me vs 3 other computers set on hard, on this huge desert map (painted desert IIRC the map name) and I spent hours on it. First I turtled up and made this intricate web of defence fortifications, then I built an army and sent it down to attack one of the computer's bases while being supported by a fleet of bombers and brawlers. It was absurdly epic :D

evilsoup

#785 Post by evilsoup »

did anyone play that 3d fan remake. Spring? It was/is pretty cool. Improved AI and some UI improvements. The AI for that is pretty scary, compared to the total annihilation one.

anyway on total annihilation, I once got into this huge war of attrittion. It took like ten hours to complete. I was building more and more rows of dragon teeth -- like, I'd push forward with the kbots while the construction dudes moved the front forwards. It was like world war one, complete with constant artillery bombardments and an incompetent general. Fun times.

Crazedwraith

#786 Post by Crazedwraith »

I Never played Spring.

I must admit I usually play Over Crude Water for the easy of making a small easy defended base than i can hole up in and build masses of aircraft and nukes to blast enemies with.

Imagine my surprise when the modded AI does pretty much the same thing! Thankfully all though they've got the hang of nuke launchers. They haven't managed to grasp the concept of nuke defense yet. So my tactics still worked eventually.

the mod also has krogoth equivalent factories for vehicles, shipyards and aircraft. Resulting capital ships with a multitude of long range plasma guns with longer range than the berthas. (nasty surprise when i played seven islands) and level 3 gunships. Funnily there are level 3 nuclear bombers. But they're broken and don't work in this version of the mod,

It's called total mayhem if you're interested
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RogueIce
#YOLO

#787 Post by RogueIce »

So I just spent $200 on a LTS for STO.

They'd better not let me down. :argh:

14 months until I make back my investment...

joviwan

#788 Post by joviwan »

It's all about metal heck, baby

Stofsk

#789 Post by Stofsk »

RogueIce wrote:So I just spent $200 on a LTS for STO.

They'd better not let me down. :argh:

14 months until I make back my investment...
dude, you could have used that money to buy zen and then have anything you could want on the c-store

RogueIce
#YOLO

#790 Post by RogueIce »

Not true. I now have gold plated uniforms I could not get from the C-store. :colbert:

Actually though, TBH, the Romulan Dress Uniform is pretty boss. The Fed/KDF Vet uniforms are okay, but nothing special.

Of course all those Vet Rewards come in handy. Chimera Destroyer GO! :3

thejester

#791 Post by thejester »

There was one TA modder whose name I can't remember (cool story tj) but he churned out some fantastic stuff. The best was the modern Russian aircraft pack...the fighters were 4-5 times the size of normal ones and armed w/ the same cannons as a Flash and those heavy, vertical SSMs turned into AAMs. Only attempt at balance was that they couldn't shoot at things on the ground. Build 3-4 and have them patrol around your base and they'd wrack up an absurd number of kills.

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#792 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

So like, Atlus had a big event just recently and announced a bunch of stuff.

Like Persona 4: Dancing All Night!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

And Persona 4 The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold for home consoles!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zqmnp2wZRU4

And Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etfqRXPXbQQ

And Persona 5!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo

Stofsk

#793 Post by Stofsk »

RogueIce wrote:Not true. I now have gold plated uniforms I could not get from the C-store. :colbert:

Actually though, TBH, the Romulan Dress Uniform is pretty boss. The Fed/KDF Vet uniforms are okay, but nothing special.

Of course all those Vet Rewards come in handy. Chimera Destroyer GO! :3
Honestly if I had known how much I'd end up spending on STO back when I first started, I would have bought a LTS instead and then the whole zen stipend thing would have built up a considerable amount over the years.

Now though? I'm not sure. $200 is a bit pricey for one game. At least in one hit. I've spent more than that through but broken up over a couple of years. Especially since it's F2P.

RyanThunder
Knows Best

#794 Post by RyanThunder »

thejester wrote:There was one TA modder whose name I can't remember (cool story tj) but he churned out some fantastic stuff. The best was the modern Russian aircraft pack...the fighters were 4-5 times the size of normal ones and armed w/ the same cannons as a Flash and those heavy, vertical SSMs turned into AAMs. Only attempt at balance was that they couldn't shoot at things on the ground. Build 3-4 and have them patrol around your base and they'd wrack up an absurd number of kills.
Reminds me of the one that added like 800 new units, my favourite being one I can't recall the name of. It's role was written "F@%& annoying little tank". Being incredibly fast, tiny, and armed with a heavy laser cannon, it performed very well in this role. :lol:

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#795 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Persona Q: literally everyone ever is included no matter how little sense it makes

except minako

who's that

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#796 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:Persona Q: literally everyone ever is included no matter how little sense it makes

except minako

who's that
only the cast from noncanonical routes are included :v

i wonder if they'll have naoto's persona from that godawful light novel

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#797 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

is that the one where naoto gets over that whole "being trans" thing and turns into a beautiful long haired woman with lots of gratuitous nude scenes

mainly I'm just mad that that damn fashion disaster from p4g is there but not my fabulous player insert character who slept with all the boys :[

Bakustra

#798 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:is that the one where naoto gets over that whole "being trans" thing and turns into a beautiful long haired woman with lots of gratuitous nude scenes

mainly I'm just mad that that damn fashion disaster from p4g is there but not my fabulous player insert character who slept with all the boys :[
p. sure that's the gist of it, along with teaming up with an android who's the exact opposite of aigis and turns into a motorcycle

and marie's inclusion is basically more evidence towards this theory, along with the lack of p2/1 characters

Bakustra

#799 Post by Bakustra »

while persona odyssey is happening, this is going on at the same time

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#800 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Can't we just be excited about a chibi Persona dungeon adventure

Or maybe the Persona rhythm game that nobody even realised they needed

Or like maybe Persona 5

Or something