Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

Re: Testing Chat V: The Final Mysterious Island: Miami Beach

#2226 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

evilsoup no

joviwan

#2227 Post by joviwan »

GARBAGE POD

Darth Tedious

#2228 Post by Darth Tedious »

joviwan wrote:GARBAGE POD
IT'S A SMEGGING GARBAGE POD

Waiting For God was the first episode I ever saw
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

RogueIce
#YOLO

#2229 Post by RogueIce »

Is "smegging" like "frak" one of those made up curse words to give your setting more flavor get around BS&P?

Darth Tedious

#2230 Post by Darth Tedious »

Yes and no

Smegma is an actual thing
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

evilsoup

#2231 Post by evilsoup »

I don't know if they were thinking of that when they started using the term though

Darth Tedious

#2232 Post by Darth Tedious »

Tanj
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#2233 Post by Bakustra »

kinsey hope is a weird, fucked up person and it's such a shame that she's considered someone worth listening to :(
Darth Tedious wrote:Tanj
people say that the golden age of sci-fi is 14, but that's actually just the age at which larry niven isn't embarrassing to read

The Spartan

#2234 Post by The Spartan »

Who is Kinsey Hope?

Bakustra

#2235 Post by Bakustra »

The Spartan wrote:Who is Kinsey Hope?
a social justice blogger who wrote various posts about how great incest and necrophilia are, blew up at people who said she shouldn't drive drunk, posts torture fantasies about people she argues with, and is terrible at writing

goes by genderbitch on all the major social media sites

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2236 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

yeah uh none of those are actually true just fyi

Bakustra

#2237 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:yeah uh none of those are actually true just fyi :L
the third i've actually seen directly, the fourth is subjective but i don't detect appreciable irony in her writing about how awesome she is, and i'd be interested in seeing how the first and second were taken out of context- the writeups on the second are definitely hostile towards her which is why i just wrote blew up rather than all the stuff piled on to her

at least, i'm highly amused by "non-incest privilege" in any context

edit: okay, yeah, the first can be at most half-true:

"In terms of social hatred of incest, dating a first cousin would come under that heading. You wouldn’t get nailed as hard as say a brother and sister dating each other, etc etc. but you’d still get hit with some serious hate. And incest is a tough one. I guess it depends on whether you consider the social hatred of incest to be attraction orientated or action orientated.

If it’s action orientated then you have non incest privilege cuz you aren’t participating in incest. But if it’s orientation based? And you’re normally attracted to family members? Then you’d have passing privilege. It’s not really my field, anon so there’s not a lot I can help you with.

TRIGGER WARNING (UNEQUAL POWER DYNAMIC INVOLVING INCEST)

Also, I find that trigger warnings related to incest tend to involve unequal relationships like say a sexual relationship between a parent and an offspring. Not stuff like cousins and siblings where there’s less of a power dynamic that can boost coercive rape and abuse. I imagine that if someone trigger warning’d a consensual incestual relationship without a serious power dynamic issue and coercion though, well yeah that would be plenty offensive. But you’d be a better judge of that then me, right? I’m not connected to incest in any way."

i mean, i still find it pretty funny but also pretty fucked up

edit2: holy shit

"A: proof? On people with necrophilia having serious problems.

B: People’s religious beliefs do not determine social justice lines. They should remember that when they’re discussing whether or not the SJ community should regard sex with dead people as rape. SJ applies regardless of religion, therefore religion is not its determiner.

There, no cards used and you’re still wrong as shit."

Bakustra

#2238 Post by Bakustra »

i mean, this doesn't make her necessarily wrong. there are plenty of fucked-up people that have been right about lots of things, for example simone de beauvoir based all of her personal relationships on whether people agreed with her particular brand of communism and yet the second sex is still a classic. i just find it kinda depressing.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2239 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

the first stuff is her literally just responding to people asking her questions anonymously about that stuff with stuff like "uhh if you're actually going to go through with this at least avoid xyz so it's at least less shitty than it could be"

why should she have irony in talking about how awesome she is when she lives in a society that treats her as a subhuman monster for what she is?

and is this "torture fantasy" stuff actually that or is it her venting frustration with people who have systemic power over her by saying stuff like walk into a fire or stuff because I do that sort of thing too and she has more reason than I do to

really though so much of what's being said about her is from terfs and anti-sj blogs run by actual literal neonazis and stuff like that that you really, really, really should rethink things if you're taking it uncritically?

Bakustra

#2240 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:the first stuff is her literally just responding to people asking her questions anonymously about that stuff with stuff like "uhh if you're actually going to go through with this at least avoid xyz so it's at least less shitty than it could be"

why should she have irony in talking about how awesome she is when she lives in a society that treats her as a subhuman monster for what she is?

and is this "torture fantasy" stuff actually that or is it her venting frustration with people who have systemic power over her by saying stuff like walk into a fire or stuff because I do that sort of thing too and she has more reason than I do to

really though so much of what's being said about her is from terfs and anti-sj blogs run by actual literal neonazis and stuff like that that you really, really, really should rethink things if you're taking it uncritically?
i'm not taking it uncritically, though? i'm going through to look at the genuine stuff wherever possible, because i know for a fact that a lot of hate comes her way from transphobes and reactionaries and this certainly appears to be the case in a lot of stuff about her

and torture fantasies, well, i quote:

"Abunchoftwats is next on the slab. After I test skin liquefaction on convertedinvader I wanna see whether the toxin causes the liquid tissues to light on fire. But I can’t quite get the chem right. "

http://genderbitch.tumblr.com/post/2286 ... suggestion

i mean, telling people to go jump off a bridge is basically the bread and butter of posting on the internet and i don't even really register it

and ". So she keeps her blogging stuff separate from her IRL awesomeness for now (and trust us, she is awesome. So awesome in fact that she broke several different awesomeness measuring meters, which we are charging her inordinate amounts of money for)." is something that i just find poorly written, even as a way of expressing high levels of self-esteem

this may be my own personal problems though

Bakustra

#2241 Post by Bakustra »

i mean, i personally find the whole assumption that people consciously fuck up talking about the trans trans individuals to dehumanize them more than a little ridiculous and insular, but i see where it comes from and why people develop that assumption so there's not really any reason to get mad about it or yell at people for doing it or even whine about it in general because the real issues are deeper and more important than someone responding poorly (from my personal perspective) to a society that crushes them at every opportunity
Last edited by Bakustra on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: i fucked up and i don't think that that should just stand but neither should it be erased

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2242 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

who cares if it's conscious and malicious

is that going to make effects any better?

are we trying to judge who's the Good People vs the Bad Mans or trying to make society better for people?

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2243 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

actually let's bring in an example
the trans
Do I think you deliberately put this in to dehumanise trans people? No, but it's still a dehumanising word choice, and it's something that needs to be called out

(and also correlates highly with people being shitty about the issues as a whole so anyone who's affected by that and wants to make a judgement call about how you are in general from it I'm not going to blame)

Bakustra

#2244 Post by Bakustra »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:who cares if it's conscious and malicious

are we trying to judge who's the Good People vs the Bad Mans or trying to make society better for people?
yeah, because if someone is ignorant, they can usually be convinced directly that misgendering, etc., is a bad thing to do, and if someone is malicious, that's not going to happen and you should just explain how their mother hired a contract killer on them when they were eight or something

because on the interpersonal level, making society better for people involves convincing them to do the right thing, and this is easier if they don't know they're doing wrong in the first place

but this is of course ancillary, so my main objection is that oppressive power structures are built around division and making people think of themselves as atomized entities under siege, so treating the average person as an enemy a priori consciously or unconsciously, especially on pseudonymous internet communication, is still giving far more credence to transphobic/homophobic/sexist/racist/ableist power structures than they deserve

this is really pretty rosy-colored thinking about the average person though
Infinity Biscuit wrote:actually let's bring in an example
the trans
Do I think you deliberately put this in to dehumanise trans people? No, but it's still a dehumanising word choice, and it's something that needs to be called out

(and also correlates highly with people being shitty about the issues as a whole so anyone who's affected by that and wants to make a judgement call about how you are in general from it I'm not going to blame)
i honestly had no idea that was the case, and i apologize for using it that way. thank you for correcting me on that.

Darth Tedious

#2245 Post by Darth Tedious »

Given that 'the trans' is not a nice blanket term for both transgender and transsexual peoples;
Is there a nicer/less offending blanket term?

Would transgender work as a blanket term? (assuming transsexual peoples are necessarily transgender- correct me if I'm missing something here)
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#2246 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

transgender is an adjective that should be applied to people, like most other markers like that. trans(gender) people, trans men/women, trans authors, wording like that

it's the same with other stuff, which is why it really gets under my skin when "progressive" people talk about "the gays" or whatnot (though for trans stuff it's worse since there's so much misunderstanding out there and I'm pretty sure using "trans" that way probably reinforces the misconception that trans is a gender and is opposed to man or woman, or a sexuality and opposed to straight or gay or bi, and other shit like that)

transsexuality is under the transgender umbrella, yeah. not all trans people identify as transsexual but transsexual people are trans. like, there's some disagreement there usually from the older crowd before "transgender" became a commonly-known term but from what I've seen that also tends to highly correlate with HBSers and other people who try to police trans identities that you're not REALLY trans if you're not [arbitrary narrow criteria] so I tend to give credence to the other side

Darth Tedious

#2247 Post by Darth Tedious »

Well, it's always best to avoid those kind of no-true-scotsman/christian/transpeople fallacies
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

RogueIce
#YOLO

#2248 Post by RogueIce »

Paul Walker Dies in Car Crash. If that's not irony I don't know what is.

And this is going to make the seventh Fast and Furious movie somewhat awkward. Wonder if they finished filming his scenes yet?

I'm actually pretty saddened about this, my attempts to make light of it notwithstanding. He seemed like a decent enough fellow, though granted I only ever saw him on the silver screen and thus know nothing about him as a person. Very sad news all around, he was way too young. :(

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#2249 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Infinity Biscuit wrote:who cares if it's conscious and malicious

'wow shit sorry, I didn't know and/or understand, I'll avoid that in future'

or

'lol do I look like I give a shit how that makes you feel????'

Agent Bert Macklin

#2250 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

RogueIce wrote:Paul Walker Dies in Car Crash. If that's not irony I don't know what is.

And this is going to make the seventh Fast and Furious movie somewhat awkward. Wonder if they finished filming his scenes yet?

I'm actually pretty saddened about this, my attempts to make light of it notwithstanding. He seemed like a decent enough fellow, though granted I only ever saw him on the silver screen and thus know nothing about him as a person. Very sad news all around, he was way too young. :(
I hope to Christ that some tryhard on another forum doesn't go all "he contributed to street tracing by being in those movies, so fuck him." Shitty year for celebrity deaths. Gandolfini crushed me and just the other day I was lamenting his death because The Sopranos was a huge influence on my love for art.