The Glue Factory

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: The Glue Factory

#1476 Post by RogueIce »

World building FTW.

That was a pretty epic battle, and the animation is clearly being kicked up a notch. And of course plenty of Luna which automatically makes it 10/10 game episode of the year for me. :3

Oxymoron

#1477 Post by Oxymoron »

The flashbacks were boss, yeah. And luna / NMM being badass :3
No.

evilsoup

#1478 Post by evilsoup »

dang
(watching the latest episode)
twilight doesn't really care about spike at all lol
and rarity is really embodying that 'element of generosity' thing huh

they should pair up RD and AJ more often, Rainbow Dash's bitchiness is much funnier directed at somepony who can dish it back rather than Fluttershy

Twilight had some very good faces near the end, Angel was the embodiment of pure unadulterated evil as always, Rainbow Dash wasn't irritating for once. The moral at the end was a bit feh but you know. You've got to make allowances. I liked it, good episode.

Also AJ is the only one who gives a feather about Spike lol
(I want another AJ and Spike episode)
and

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1479 Post by RogueIce »

evilsoup wrote:Also AJ is the only one who gives a feather about Spike lol
(I want another AJ and Spike episode)

I like to think it's positive character development retained from "Spike at Your Service" personally. Although they all look concerned, which is nice (RD does too, I just didn't grab the screen at the right point).
Also because, y'know, AJ is best pony.

Crazedwraith

#1480 Post by Crazedwraith »

The things Chuck will do for money

I'm thinking he's not that enthusiastic about returned to mlp.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1481 Post by Darksi4190 »

Dude's gotta make rent somehow

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1482 Post by RogueIce »

Well, at least the person who requested it was nice enough to give him the episodes with John de Lancie, so it fits his ST-ness.

uraniun235

#1483 Post by uraniun235 »

Darksi4190 wrote:Dude's gotta make rent somehow
Wait did he literally make sfdebris his job?

Crazedwraith

#1484 Post by Crazedwraith »

uraniun235 wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Dude's gotta make rent somehow
Wait did he literally make sfdebris his job?
That and substitute teaching i beleive.

He's got a blog entry that mentions it.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1485 Post by RogueIce »

I guess he got popular enough to make it somewhat his full-time job, with substitute teaching on the side? Or maybe he just enjoys teaching enough that he'll sub regardless of whether he "needs" the money (though I'm sure the extra income doesn't hurt either way).

Crazedwraith

#1486 Post by Crazedwraith »

Anyway. I watched the opening two-parter the other day. So I could properly argue about Celestia's hair! ( :psyduck: )

I think 'soup was right though the flashbacks were the best part. In fact I could have done with whole episodes for those events rather than the snippets we saw.

As for the main plot, it felt rather forced. Especially the 'go-home twilight' and 'we'll always be friends because elements!' thing to set up the lesson. Twilight's worries and difficulties flying worked though and the animation for the big fights was very impressive for the show.

evilsoup

#1487 Post by evilsoup »

Crazedwraith wrote: I think 'soup was right
I tend to be
anyway yeah, that two-parter was kind of weak. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad but eh
the latest episode was pretty good though, you should watch that
also have a look at this (especially the image in the description)
and (kinda sorta spoilers for the latest episode):

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1488 Post by RogueIce »

Okay soup what is your take on the whole "Why wasn't Celestia's hair pink in the flashbacks?" debate.

evilsoup

#1489 Post by evilsoup »

why would it be pink?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1490 Post by RogueIce »

Because it was pink in the storybook scenes from the pilot episode. Hence that whole "young Celestia had pink hair" fanon that's around.

Well since her hair was pink in the storybook depictions of the Nightmare Moon battle, her hair being the usual wavy multicolor magic in the flashback (and Luna as well, instead of looking like her S1 self) is apparently a continuity error, or so the argument goes.

evilsoup

#1491 Post by evilsoup »

she also had pointed legs in the storybook segment though

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1492 Post by RogueIce »

Yeah I know, my position on it is that it's just a stylized impression, not to be taken literally. The pink hair thing isn't my argument, but apparently people are out there making it. I take it you do not agree.

Which just means
Crazedwraith wrote:'soup was right
of course :v

evilsoup

#1493 Post by evilsoup »

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1494 Post by RogueIce »

Thanks, Obama Tolkien. :argh:

I have to agree for the most part with that post. I think I finally learned to let go thanks to the horrible state of the Star Wars EU and just decided to accept the elements I liked and ignore the crap that I don't. Which means Pellaeon is still alive and being badass out there. :v

But yeah. Also the whole TCW thing. That said, I do think show runners should try to respect continuity rather than just do whatever they want (unless it's for comedic effect like The Simpsons, which does acknowledge past continuity as they gleefully ignore it) because otherwise it just makes it seem like past events didn't matter.

But this mainly applies to the broad strokes, I feel. Like in ST they don't just pretend the Dominion War never happened, but if they did a flashback to a time period set in early DS9 but Sisko is bald because Avery Brooks didn't want to wear a wig, who the fuck cares? That sort of thing. Which means that yes, getting hung up on whether or not Celestia's hair should be pink (ignoring whether that was ever the intended purpose or just pure fanon in the first place) is pointless, because it's that kind of little detail that just plain doesn't matter. If they had banished Discord without using the Elements of Harmony in the flashback, that would I think be a more acceptable thing to complain about.

So just wondering, but do you know what happened to bring about that blog entry?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1495 Post by RogueIce »

Thanks, Obama Tolkien. :argh:

I have to agree for the most part with that post. I think I finally learned to let go thanks to the horrible state of the Star Wars EU and just decided to accept the elements I liked and ignore the crap that I don't. Which means Pellaeon is still alive and being badass out there. :v

But yeah. Also the whole TCW thing. That said, I do think show runners should try to respect continuity rather than just do whatever they want (unless it's for comedic effect like The Simpsons, which does acknowledge past continuity as they gleefully ignore it) because otherwise it just makes it seem like past events didn't matter.

But this mainly applies to the broad strokes, I feel. Like in ST they don't just pretend the Dominion War never happened, but if they did a flashback to a time period set in early DS9 but Sisko is bald because Avery Brooks didn't want to wear a wig, who the fuck cares? That sort of thing. Which means that yes, getting hung up on whether or not Celestia's hair should be pink (ignoring whether that was ever the intended purpose or just pure fanon in the first place) is pointless, because it's that kind of little detail that just plain doesn't matter. If they had banished Discord without using the Elements of Harmony in the flashback, that would I think be a more acceptable thing to complain about.

So just wondering, but do you know what happened to bring about that blog entry?

timmy

#1496 Post by timmy »

So I've been doing a little research and apparently Tara Strong's had a bit of a thing for posting closeups of her chest on instagram.

And this, which was great

"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1497 Post by RogueIce »

timmy wrote:So I've been doing a little research and apparently Tara Strong's had a bit of a thing for posting closeups of her chest on instagram.
I demand proof of this. :perv:

And hey, if you've got it, flaunt it.

timmy

#1498 Post by timmy »

"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

evilsoup

#1499 Post by evilsoup »

Crazedwraith