Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
evilsoup

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#251 Post by evilsoup »

I thought asexual normally means 'is not interested in sex'
which I mean, I don't entirely believe that's a thing, because I've only ever heard it from pathetic nerds who I suspect are trying to cover for their poor social skills.
But eh, who am I to judge? Just because some nerds have misused the term doesn't mean it isn't a real thing. C'est la vie.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#252 Post by adr »

asexual in this context means you aren't sexually attracted to people or things; you don't see a person and be all like "i want to have sex with him/her". you might be interested in sex in the abstract, or you might not be, you might be interested in relationships, or not, you might find people pretty and pleasing to look at. the defining aspect of asexuality though is just that lack of sexual attraction

part of what's so great about the blogs and the youtubes is you can read/listen to these people's stories and ask yourself "can i relate to this?" the stories are nice too in that they give you a much bigger understanding than say a dictionary definition or the paragraph above; they can help your mind move beyond teh label and think more about the concrete life experiences (and then you decide if you want to take it upon yourself or not)

with the story relations, it isn't about what other ppl think of you. they might think you're wrong, but it doesn't matter what they think, it is a matter of personal exploration and identity

(and you know, you might be wrong about it, but identity is a very complex issue that isn't even easy to figure out individually, and of course, i don't think anyone is going to agree with 100% of what anybody else says; just because you are a member of a community doesn't mean you can't still have your differences with them.)
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#253 Post by RogueIce »

So am I the only one that things this whole "oh ho ho we mods are out to OPPRESS YOU" meme is lame as shit? I know it's generally said in jest, as any halfway decently run forum won't let the staff go nuts just for shits and giggles. So basically unlike here, I'm looking at you Phant and your stupid word filter :argh:

SB's announcement of their latest mod brought this on, though to be fair they're hardly the only ones who do this. And just because it feels obligatory, insert rant here about how shitty SB's server is. And also how I managed to have a fucking triple post because I resubmitted a reply when the damn board gave me an error message saying it did not go through. Except apparently it did, three times. :picard:

The Spartan

#254 Post by The Spartan »

Sie werden sich hinsetzen! Sie werden ruhig sein! Sie werden nicht beklagen Deutsch sprechen!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#255 Post by RogueIce »

I don't care enough to run your Google Translate gibberish back through Google Translate to see what horribly broken sentence that would create.

On another note, how does a thread nominally about SimCity getting an offline mode wind up becoming whining over the Mass Effect series? :psyduck:

evilsoup

#256 Post by evilsoup »

how does a thread nominally about SimCity getting an offline mode wind up becoming whining over the Mass Effect series?
nerds

The Spartan

#257 Post by The Spartan »

RogueIce wrote:I don't care enough to run your Google Translate gibberish back through Google Translate to see what horribly broken sentence that would create.
I was teasing you a little.

I said, "You will sit down. You will be quiet. You will not complain about speaking German."

Losonti Tokash

#258 Post by Losonti Tokash »

RogueIce wrote:I don't care enough to run your Google Translate gibberish back through Google Translate to see what horribly broken sentence that would create.

On another note, how does a thread nominally about SimCity getting an offline mode wind up becoming whining over the Mass Effect series? :psyduck:
because fenix is hilariously deranged

joviwan

#259 Post by joviwan »

He's weird, because sometimes I feel his insights are totally on the ball, and then other times he's so far up his own ass that I can't tell his tonsils from his intestines

Losonti Tokash

#260 Post by Losonti Tokash »

nothing he says isn't just a regurgitation from the gaming press he hates so much (except when they agree with his side)

half the time it seems like he doesn't even know what the discussion is even about but he needs to have strong opinions about it

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#261 Post by Darksi4190 »

I can understand someone not liking the changes between Mass Effect and ME 2 and three though. Call the mechanics broken if you want, but the first game did have significant exploration and RPG elements. Some people are in to that sort of thing, and would understandably become more upset at the games becoming more "shooty."

Mass Effect was a very different game from 2 and three, and I can understand why someone who liked the first might be displeased with the changes in the second and third installments.

Manus Dei

#262 Post by Manus Dei »

Actually can someone please explain what the fuck is up with this wordfilter thank you
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#263 Post by Darksi4190 »

Someone is trying to make fun of Thanas over on SDN, failing at it, and really just coming of as a giant pain in the ass.

Flagg

#264 Post by Flagg »

It's Phant (who is barely ever here so why is he a mod?) being a dumbshit douchebag as usual.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#265 Post by evilsoup »

old boy's club :argh:

Dude

#266 Post by Dude »

Well whichever of you did it, it fucking sucks.
-Aaron

adr

#267 Post by adr »

so last night after the dinner, well, first i got pwned, lost 6/7 games of magic teh gathering and we couldn't find the othello board so that didn't happen

but more interesting is we were getting rides home. it is a lil past midnight. sister w sees a young woman walking and possibly falling and points it out. brother w notes the car is already pretty full with us and the woman appears to be just drunk but nevertheless sister k decides to turn the car around and ask this young woman if she is ok or needs any help or anything...

she refused the and said she's fine so we went back on our way

but tbh i don't think i would have turned around if it was just me.... which kinda makes me the priest on the road to Jericho (see: Luke 10)

blargh

adr

#268 Post by adr »

ps phant sry bro but the word filter is totally old now ima turn it off

Civil War Man

#269 Post by Civil War Man »

Darksi4190 wrote:I can understand someone not liking the changes between Mass Effect and ME 2 and three though. Call the mechanics broken if you want, but the first game did have significant exploration and RPG elements. Some people are in to that sort of thing, and would understandably become more upset at the games becoming more "shooty."

Mass Effect was a very different game from 2 and three, and I can understand why someone who liked the first might be displeased with the changes in the second and third installments.
For me, the craziness was that he openly admitted to not having played a second of ME3, yet he felt second- or third-hand accounts of story and gameplay allowed him to authoritatively claim that both it and ME2 (which, according to him, he tried but quit pretty early on) were inferior to anything Bioware produced pre-Jade Empire, and that anyone who disagrees with him doesn't really like RPGs.

On a similar note, I tried playing KOTOR 1 and 2 again recently, and they did not age very well. The Light/Dark dichotomy made them just as restrictive as any more modern RPG (if not more so, since the Paragon/Renegade scale was pretty much vestigial in ME3), and being a mute protagonist surrounded by fully voiced NPCs just wrecked the immersion for me. It made my Revan/Exile feel blank. Not an active agent in the world, but someone that just passively has stuff happen to them. At least with BG2, most dialog was not voice acted, so there was still consistency between how the PC talked and how the NPCs talked. I feel like BG2, ME, TOR, and DA2 all did a better job striking a balance between customization and characterization. Hell, in my opinion even the Saints Row games did a better job, and they're not even RPGs.

joviwan

#270 Post by joviwan »

The Saints Row games are just straight up an aberration, whose very existence makes the games around them seem disproportionately more terrible.

KotOR 1 ages better for me than KotOR 2 did. Partly because, you know, 1 was finished while 2 was not, but also because the moral messages 2 tries to communicate always come at the expense of your character--especially if you're "darkside." Like, the game wants to tell Darksiders that being evil is bad, but they want to make sure all the evil options are evil and stupid enough that they can call you out on them for doing it. So you go around ruthlessly kicking puppies and murdering orphans and cackling as your only way to be an evil person, so that the various moral mouthpieces can tell you that you are stupid and dumb and bad.

thejester

#271 Post by thejester »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
He posted some more stuff about how they weren't mistreated because the king said to be nice, and it was pointed out that the British completely wiped out the aboriginal Tasmanians.

Their culture was totally obliterated and the survivors were put into a concentration camp where they all died, but there are still some descendants of kidnap and rape victims so they're not REALLY extinct.
:psyduck:

They sort of died out after meeting colonists...hahaha holy shit.

Glass Fort MacLeod
Fuckin' New Guy

#272 Post by Glass Fort MacLeod »

Dude wrote:Hey man
*emerges from the Shadows* Yo.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#273 Post by Phantasee »

Yeah sorry guys I would have turned it off over the weekend but I was out of town and busy. It amused me a lot so it was worth it, however much you disliked it.

Wasn't to mock Thanas btw, I've been studying German on my own a little bit and that's the inspiration. Also that old joke about "simplifying" English spelling to make it efficient that makes it sound like a German accent. That always amused me.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#274 Post by Phantasee »

Also I wanted to post this because it is excellence: http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/girlf ... zone-meme/

She didn't friendzone you, you girlfriendzoned her.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

The Spartan

#275 Post by The Spartan »

Just out of interest, at what point did the friendzone get shifted as something to blame on women rather than the dude?

When I was in my early teens if you got put in the friendzone, it was more or less another way of saying, "You dropped the ball." At some point over the intervening years that shifted to, "She's being shallow."

When did that happen?