Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Dude

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#326 Post by Dude »

So we're "trial adopting" a blue heeler named Pepper and a shep/lab named Autumn.

So far, so good. After the initial meeting of our dogs, their all quiet.

Well...one pooped on the floor.
-Aaron

Dude

#327 Post by Dude »

Also on the list of interesting coincedances... Our farmland was originally sold by the Crown on 16 September 1922.

16 September is our wedding anniversary.
-Aaron

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#328 Post by adr »

so i just watched the movie "gravity". like almost every bit of peril came cuz of scientific error, but it was a hell of a ride so i'll give it a pass

i liked the way an angel helped her at the end too. i know my savior lives

pretty good film
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#329 Post by RogueIce »

adr wrote:so i just watched the movie "gravity". like almost every bit of peril came cuz of scientific error
worst movie ever 0/10

adr

#330 Post by adr »

but let's be fair they got a lot of science right too and there was some which is dubious but rule of cool (like the bit with the fire extinguisher)

surely it deserves at least 2/10

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#331 Post by Darksi4190 »

I was thinking about renting it, but if you're serious about the religious imagery I might just give it a pass. Divine intervention is fine in stuff that's supposed to be fantasy, but for something which is ostensibly grounded in the real world, it'd just annoy the fuck out of me.

thejester

#332 Post by thejester »

Dude wrote:So we're "trial adopting" a blue heeler named Pepper and a shep/lab named Autumn.

are blue heelers the same in canada as they are in australia

adr

#333 Post by adr »

Darksi4190 wrote:if you're serious about the religious imagery I might just give it a pass
It isn't really religious imagery, that's just one fun interpretation of the events. There's also a perfectly serviceable hard science explanation set up.

Not really a spoiler spoiler but a bit of one so i'll put it here just in case
Hallucination from oxygen deprivation/desperate wishful thinking combined with an idea she'd logically know from her training (training that is mentioned in a previous scene btw) coming to mind; in other words, she helped herself, purely coincidentally after considering prayer :)

Dude

#334 Post by Dude »

thejester wrote:
Dude wrote:So we're "trial adopting" a blue heeler named Pepper and a shep/lab named Autumn.

are blue heelers the same in canada as they are in australia
I suppose so.
-Aaron

adr

#335 Post by adr »

adr wrote:It isn't really religious imagery
I feel the need to clarify this a bit more: there IS a bit of explicit religious imagery, for example, there's a picture of a saint inside one of the spacecraft and the camera gives us a pretty look at it (along with the controls). But it isn't shoved down your throat this-is-how-it-is stuff; it isn't annoying.

In other words, I didn't see it as an angel just because I'm a born-again religious nut, but the film doesn't say you HAVE to see it that way either. It just puts down the pieces for a few options and you can make your own decision. I thought it was pretty well done.

Flagg

#336 Post by Flagg »

adr wrote:
adr wrote:It isn't really religious imagery
I feel the need to clarify this a bit more: there IS a bit of explicit religious imagery, for example, there's a picture of a saint inside one of the spacecraft and the camera gives us a pretty look at it (along with the controls). But it isn't shoved down your throat this-is-how-it-is stuff; it isn't annoying.

In other words, I didn't see it as an angel just because I'm a born-again religious nut, but the film doesn't say you HAVE to see it that way either. It just puts down the pieces for a few options and you can make your own decision. I thought it was pretty well done.
Hey, if you were born before the mid seventies do you now have to hate black people retroactively until the government made you let them be people?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#337 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Dude wrote:I suppose so.
:brah:

Darth Tedious

#338 Post by Darth Tedious »

Yo that fire extinguisher bit in Gravity is likely not bullshit (I haven't seen it yet, but...)

-A crappy standard CO2 extinguisher (2kg of retardant @ 60 atmospheres) will give you (assuming you're 100kg) about 7m/s of delta-v (to compare, the SAFER jetpacks used on the ISS only have 3m/s)

-A high end extinguisher (10kg @ 1000 atmospheres) has about 100m/s, and should accelerate you at about 0.5G

Never mind Gravity, you could reenact Wall-E with one of those

Also

Fedoras go mainstream = EVERYONE gets friendzoned
adr rox worship him or suffer large
and so forth, etc.
also STAR TREK

Stofsk

#339 Post by Stofsk »

Darth Tedious wrote:Fedoras go mainstream = EVERYONE gets friendzoned
Fedoras going mainstream means that we're at defcon 1 and nukes are now an option

Flagg

#340 Post by Flagg »

Stofsk wrote:
Darth Tedious wrote:Fedoras go mainstream = EVERYONE gets friendzoned
Fedoras going mainstream means that we're at defcon 1 and nukes are now an option
Necessity.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Flagg

#341 Post by Flagg »

Btw am I the only one who finds it hilarious that ADR is lying about joining like THE most hateful and evil religion dreamt up in the 19th century?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Gands

#342 Post by Gands »

not as fun as ronulan adr

adr

#343 Post by adr »

Flagg wrote:Hey, if you were born before the mid seventies do you now have to hate black people retroactively until the government made you let them be people?
i think you mean late seventies

the lord revealed, upon request, to the prophet Spencer W. Kimball in 1978 that the church policy on blacks being ordained to the priesthood should be changed

...yet the prophet Joseph Smith Jr. himself ordained a black man to the priesthood with the authority of Jesus Christ in 1836 and the Prophet's brother ordained another black man in 1844

moreover upon consulting the Lord in the 1950's, the 12 apostles felt they had received confirmation that the current church policy at the time was in error, but president david o. mckay disagreed, thus it did not change. Did President McKay have a clearer view than the unanimous consensus of the Apostles? Or perhaps God gave him the same answer, but he didn't want to hear it. Even prophets are still flawed humans.

regardless of the details it is clear that the old policy was an error

you can read more about the history and modern-day position here

http://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood

adr

#344 Post by adr »

Gands wrote:not as fun as ronulan adr
mang i posted a screed about foreign aid to the facebook yesterday

foreign aid in concept? good idea, that's like the core of my world peace fanfic

foreign aid the way America does it? yes, i'm sure the Israelis just need more US-made fighter jets to lift themselves out of their debilitating poverty. brilliant!

adr

#345 Post by adr »

Darth Tedious wrote:Yo that fire extinguisher bit in Gravity is likely not bullshit (I haven't seen it yet, but...)
cool. i figured it was a bit dubious since i haven't done the math but plausible enough to be totally cool anyway. if the math works that's even better

Flagg

#346 Post by Flagg »

adr wrote:
Gands wrote:not as fun as ronulan adr
mang i posted a screed about foreign aid to the facebook yesterday

foreign aid in concept? good idea, that's like the core of my world peace fanfic

foreign aid the way America does it? yes, i'm sure the Israelis just need more US-made fighter jets to lift themselves out of their debilitating poverty. brilliant!
But you should support Israel since the Angel Moroni was from the lost 13th tribe. Isn't it sad that I know more about your faking religion than you do?
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr

#347 Post by adr »

lol, battlestar galactica is loosely based on LDS beliefs but it isn't exactly the same!

there's 12 tribes of israel (aka jacob, grandson of abraham), ten of whom are considered lost, though many descendants are in the world today.

Moroni is a descendant of Lehi who i think was of one of the ten lost tribes, however he was a resident of Jerusalem around 600 BC, by which point the northern kingdom was already conquered and its people scattered. so while his people skedattled and thus were 'lost', he made it back and there's nothing particularly special about his lineage

BTW there are other countries formed, some of which by the lost tribes, by the time of Jesus. see 2 Nephi 29 and 3 Nephi 16:
2 Ne 29:7 wrote: Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
3 Ne 16:1 wrote:And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.

lastly there's a big difference between being ok with the Jewish people and being ok with the state of Israel!

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#348 Post by Bakustra »

it seems adr had a little too much lds in the 10s- capt. kirk

adr

#349 Post by adr »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL[...]LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#350 Post by Bakustra »

good to see you back, good to see you're still a great guy