Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
RogueIce
#YOLO

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#2226 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:Working for me right now.

Thought that is a rarity.
^^ me when SB servers are working ^^

(sorry couldn't resist)

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#2227 Post by Darksi4190 »

No. It's cool. I kinda walked into that one.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#2228 Post by Big Orangutan »

Between an improving social life and joining an art illustration course, I'm losing my interest in SB (and slightly dumb threads where you have people pining for the "humanitarianism" and "stability" of Iron Age empires over European colonialism having me roll my eyes).
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

RogueIce
#YOLO

#2229 Post by RogueIce »

Given that I can only really access SB maybe twice a week because their servers are shit and the only real uptime is, for me, late at night, it's pretty hard to get invested over there.

Flagg

#2230 Post by Flagg »

RogueIce wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Working for me right now.

Thought that is a rarity.
^^ me when SB servers are working ^^

(sorry couldn't resist)
Keep that shit in the gas chamber glue factory.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RogueIce
#YOLO

#2231 Post by RogueIce »

Flagg wrote:Keep that shit in the gas chamber glue factory.
k

Dude

#2232 Post by Dude »

One shit show after another today.

First the quads battery dies by the firepit so I have to plow my way in with the truck to boost it, only to find out that my plow won't go up. Two hours of troubleshooting and an hour of plowing gets me into the atv and up and running.

Tomorrow I think I'll see if I can push enough snow together so the kids can make a cave. If its not -40 again.
-Aaron

Dude

#2233 Post by Dude »

Go to the dump today, find it snowed in. So I go back home, put the plow on and plow my way in. I then dump my trash and clean up the route in.

As I pull out of the dump, the RM's grader comes down the highway and pulls in the dump to clear it out.

:lol:
-Aaron

The Spartan

#2234 Post by The Spartan »

Now, see, if you'd just been lazy you wouldn't have had to do all that work!

timmy

#2235 Post by timmy »

At least a snowed-in tip wouldn't smell so bad.

My local is on the wind-down towards being remade as a park/new housing subdivision, so they're venting gases like good fun times. They just put in a new transfer station though which is totally boss, since no one really likes driving their car across mud and then tramping through that mud to hurl refuse onto the mound.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Gands

#2236 Post by Gands »

I haven't seen a proper tip since I left Newy, and my Dad and I went there every few weeks.

Now that I think about it, I have no idea why. What could he have possibly needed to dump?

Dude

#2237 Post by Dude »

Oh I get it, now that you're pregnant it's all apologies and sunshine.

Fuck you, you god damn meddling hag. I haven't forgotten the shit you said before we moved and just because you're my wife's sister doesn't mean I'm going to give you a fourth chance to hurt us.

Go raise your kid and leave us the fuck alone.
-Aaron

Bounty

#2238 Post by Bounty »

Shopping for a house, here's the wishlist:

"I can afford this"
"Not in the arse end of nowhere"
"Has a chance of not collapsing in the next 5 to 10 years"

Seems like I can only ever find a combo of two of those.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Bob the Gunslinger

#2239 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

I understand you can get a great deal on a nice house if all the previous occupants died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2240 Post by Phantasee »

I hate social media some times. Girl I've been kinda sorta seeing is in Hawaii with a dude and I think there's a picture on Instagram of them holding hands and I'm like "fuck my life". Also I'm depressed because I've been driving a truck for four days straight for 10-16 hours a day and I have to go tomorrow even though it's that holiest of holidays, SUPERBOWL SUNDAY. No end in sight for a month, for this job. And I'm only at interview 3/5 for the dream job so…

I feel ill. If she's really been seeing this dude she's done a good job of hiding his existence from me. Then again, it's not like we've been taking things very far. Between the long distance thing and the taking it slow thing and the "we're both incredibly busy people" thing and all.

BUT I COULDA BEEN IGNORANT AND BLISSFUL, THANKS OBAMA (and Al Gore for inventing the internet)
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Flagg

#2241 Post by Flagg »

Phantasee wrote:I hate social media some times. Girl I've been kinda sorta seeing is in Hawaii with a dude and I think there's a picture on Instagram of them holding hands and I'm like "fuck my life". Also I'm depressed because I've been driving a truck for four days straight for 10-16 hours a day and I have to go tomorrow even though it's that holiest of holidays, SUPERBOWL SUNDAY. No end in sight for a month, for this job. And I'm only at interview 3/5 for the dream job so…

I feel ill. If she's really been seeing this dude she's done a good job of hiding his existence from me. Then again, it's not like we've been taking things very far. Between the long distance thing and the taking it slow thing and the "we're both incredibly busy people" thing and all.

BUT I COULDA BEEN IGNORANT AND BLISSFUL, THANKS OBAMA (and Al Gore for inventing the internet)
I'm not saying you should kill yourself. But I'm not not saying it either. Take a nap, then flip a coin? :poop:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2242 Post by Phantasee »

I'm sick. She's definitely with him romantically.

Fuck it.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

timmy

#2243 Post by timmy »

We've all been there, mate. C'est la vie. Hurts now, won't later.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Manus Dei

#2244 Post by Manus Dei »

Phantasee wrote:I hate social media some times. Girl I've been kinda sorta seeing is in Hawaii with a dude and I think there's a picture on Instagram of them holding hands and I'm like "fuck my life". Also I'm depressed because I've been driving a truck for four days straight for 10-16 hours a day and I have to go tomorrow even though it's that holiest of holidays, SUPERBOWL SUNDAY. No end in sight for a month, for this job. And I'm only at interview 3/5 for the dream job so…

The hell kind of job has five rounds of interviews?
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

evilsoup

#2245 Post by evilsoup »

secret lizard vice-president

evilsoup

#2246 Post by evilsoup »

God. Why are all the ebook stores so fucking shitty? Amazon uses their own shitty proprietary format rather than epub. Barnes and Noble does use epub, but puts on a bunch of fucking DRM. I can't find this book anywhere else. Fucking shitty fuckers trying to lock people into their shit ecosystems. Fuck them.

Whelp. Looks like I'm going to have to break the law and just install the DRM-stripping plugin for calibre. I wish I could drop whichever horsefucker invented the concept of DRM in a bath of acid.

I mean, for Christ's sake! Epubs are just fucking html and css in a zip file! Why the shit should I need to download a special viewer program to view each publisher's fucking shitty fuck books? I'm perfectly willing to give them my money, but not if I have to jump through all these hoops. I could get an objectively better product for free by just torrenting the damn thing.

Flagg

#2247 Post by Flagg »

P
I
R
A
T
E
B
A
Y
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2248 Post by evilsoup »

If it was some corporate thing, like ponies or a hollywood movie, I'd take that route in a heartbeat
but I mean, I don't think it's from a big publisher or anything, so I'd prefer to give them money
it's also annoying that the best deal is from those tax-dodging fucks at Amazon

edit: Haha, holy shit
the barnes and noble DRM is tied to a specific credit card
when that card expires, so do your books
:psypop:

Flagg

#2249 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:If it was some corporate thing, like ponies or a hollywood movie, I'd take that route in a heartbeat
but I mean, I don't think it's from a big publisher or anything, so I'd prefer to give them money
it's also annoying that the best deal is from those tax-dodging fucks at Amazon

edit: Haha, holy shit
the barnes and noble DRM is tied to a specific credit card
when that card expires, so do your books
:psypop:
At this point buying any media you don't absolutely have to is insane because the measures publishers and retailers take to fuck over their customers should be death penalty offenses in any reasonable society.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2250 Post by evilsoup »

the measures publishers and retailers take to fuck over their customers should be death penalty offenses in any reasonable society.
Now this I can agree with
preferably some cruel and unusual and lingering kind of death penalty, involving acid or fire
this is just so fucking frustrating! I've spent like an hour looking for a way to buy this book that won't require me to download some shit-tastic shitware onto my computer, when I could just get it for free in ten seconds flat. I probably wouldn't have to use a torrent, and it would work out of the box! What even is the point of this shit arrgh