Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
evilsoup

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#2251 Post by evilsoup »

you know what? Fuck it. The time I've wasted trying to find a way to buy their book is already worth more than the money they would have got from me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI

Manus Dei

#2252 Post by Manus Dei »

soup mang i gotta ask

what is with that timeline in your sig
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

evilsoup

#2253 Post by evilsoup »

that's the official canon policy of dr who
it includes all of fiction, with the exception of Noddy

Crazedwraith

#2254 Post by Crazedwraith »

click ze image. its a link to a blog post on doctor who canon. or rather the lack of it.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

evilsoup

#2255 Post by evilsoup »

damnit crazedwraith, that's supposed to be an initiative test
you went and spoiled it
you monster

Losonti Tokash

#2256 Post by Losonti Tokash »

no one ever passes initiative tests

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2257 Post by adr »

huh I never thought to click it

I thought it was a commentary on the sheer quantity of how much doctor who material has been made over the years lol
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

evilsoup

#2258 Post by evilsoup »

there is a hell of a lot of it
including some seriously awesome stuff (I mean it; that (free!) book is up there with the best of sci-fi... once you get past the loltastically purple prose prologue, the rest of it's well written, with engaging characters and interesting concepts)

there's also a book where all the Earths where Rome never fell team up to fight all the Earths where the Nazis won WWII

Flagg

#2259 Post by Flagg »

Man, so I totes pirated The Invisibles entire run. I own every fucking trade paperback in the series so it doesn't violate my moral code, but goddamnit if I don't still feel a pang of guilt.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2260 Post by evilsoup »

aww man, I got the first trade of the invisibles for christmas. Is the rest of the series as good?

Flagg

#2261 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:aww man, I got the first trade of the invisibles for christmas. Is the rest of the series as good?
If you can ignore the 2012 silliness, it's the best comic series ever written start to finish.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2262 Post by evilsoup »

I actively love that kind of silliness, so that won't be a problem

Flagg

#2263 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:I actively love that kind of silliness, so that won't be a problem
I won't tell you what happens, but for some people with no sod it would be a big issue. If you don't mind it though, you'll love it.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2264 Post by evilsoup »

I'm going to guess it's something along the lines of blah blah apocalypse-as-in-revelation blah blah new aeon, blah blah eveyone's persepctives shift due to magic

Flagg

#2265 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:I'm going to guess it's something along the lines of blah blah apocalypse-as-in-revelation blah blah new aeon, blah blah eveyone's persepctives shift due to magic
Not even close.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2266 Post by evilsoup »

ok now I'm really interested

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#2267 Post by Phantasee »

timmy wrote:We've all been there, mate. C'est la vie. Hurts now, won't later.
Yeah I feel better. She's super cool and I enjoyed talking to her, if I can get over my embarrassment I'm sure we'll still be friends who flirt a lot.

And if he fucks it up, I'll just slide right on in. I've only done that once before but I no longer have qualms about being that guy.

"I'm just saying, you deserve better." - Drake

I was talking to some people I know involved with non-profits back in November. I'd just own election to the party's board of directors as a VP, and I got a bunch of job offers from people. One of the ladies I talked to runs a children's cancer charity, the other works for an air ambulance charity. Air ambulance had a job opening up "soon". Met the lady for coffee in early December to talk it over and for her to see if this was something good for both of us. Her ED was out of country most of December on holidays. Met her early January. She liked me. I volunteered for the big annual gala the 25th where the ED asked me to work for her. Had the formal interview with HR scheduled for the 24th, rescheduled on the 27th. Now I'm short listed, and the next interview is with the ED (I don't get this) and she's out of country again from last week until next week. After that I meet the CEO.

This is all ridiculous because every job I've had before this I was hired on the spot. I understand having an interview process but I feel like this one is exceptionally long.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Dude

#2268 Post by Dude »

ED?
-Aaron

RogueIce
#YOLO

#2269 Post by RogueIce »

Executive Director I'd guess.

Agent Bert Macklin

#2270 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I was preparing to shoot a school basketball game and I walked into a bleacher, busting my face open and spilling blood. At hospital Now.

Losonti Tokash

#2272 Post by Losonti Tokash »

holy shit

Agent Bert Macklin

#2273 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Yeah. I was more worried about my cameras and lenses than my wound. priorities, lol. I was laughing while being patched up.

I will be coming after the school to pay my bills since I was working for the school paper. I'm sure they'll do their best to get out of it. "You aren't paid staff. It's volunteer work to get you into the paid staff position. We aren't liable."

I dont need another $2k bill.

Agent Bert Macklin

#2274 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Bleachers Win! by JLTuckerPhoto, on Flickr

Jeff was preparing to shoot KSU's basketball game with a friend. He pulled out his DSLR and fired a test shot to determine composition for some crowd photos. Satisfied with the lighting and composition, he walked over behind a bleacher, laid his coat on the floor, and took out his SLR for a nice shot on 35mm film.

As he turned away, he walked forward, head down, and collided with a beam connected to the bleachers. His glasses flew from his face. He was stunned for a second and quite visibly shaken. Without warning, blood began to spew from a wound, spilling all over the surrounding area. A cheerleader from the opposing team offered her assistance. She took his cameras and bag and hailed an EMT.

Jeff was more concerned about his camera equipment rather than possible damage to his face and eye. After checking the equipment while holding paper towels to his face, he realized that they were unharmed, including the lens he just bought five hours prior. Jeff then proceeded to follow the EMT's instructions.

An hour or two later, Jeff's wound was being sutured by a nurse practitioner. After the first suture, he had his very first panic attack. After calming down, four more sutures were placed and he was free to go.

Moral of the story? Anything for art.

Losonti Tokash

#2275 Post by Losonti Tokash »

man you gotta work on your passive voice