Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
The Spartan

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#451 Post by The Spartan »

I watched that on a flight last year. The plot was way too obvious.

Oxymoron

#452 Post by Oxymoron »

Yeah, as soon as the guy said the date, as soon as I saw the devastation wrought upon the world, and as soon as I saw the sheer size of that space station, I knew there was something very fishy going on. Like "Evangelion was already stretching the imagination for speed and magnitude of rebuilding the world after an apocalypse, but this takes the cake ; I smell shenanigans".

The way Mission Control acted only furthered that suspicion.

You have to be literally blind to get blindsided by that movie's plot development.

By the way, I stand by opinion that the first half of the film is totally Adam biting the Fruit of Knowledge, and something about Lilith (his first wife, imperfect) and Eve (the perfect wife created by God [1] just for him).

[1] :
Seriously, at the end the Tet' AI literally tell the guy "I created you, I am your God", and you can see in that space station thousands and thousands of the Male and Female clones.
No.

Oxymoron

#453 Post by Oxymoron »

I may be giving too much credit to the director, but I wonder if the fact the plot is so predictable isn't voluntary... That the movie's message lie in that the protagonist had been so brainwashed that he couldn't see what was right before his eyes.

That he so wanted to be convinced by the comforting lies of "God" that he swallowed whole all the bullshit fed to him.
No.

Flagg

#454 Post by Flagg »

Yeah, but themes don't mean Jack shit when they have been done better by the Matrix Sequels.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#455 Post by Oxymoron »

And that's saying something...
No.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#456 Post by Phantasee »

I loved oblivion. I watched it twice and the. Again on a flight. Just for the visuals and the soundtrack. And my girl Olga.
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#457 Post by Darksi4190 »

Can someone who also posts on Spacebattles tell me what the hell happened to Robert Walper since he was banned from SDN? I mean from what I remember he was just a dumbass borg-wanker who didn't even post in anything that wasn't SF related, now it seems like he never posts anything that doesn't involve the "men's rights" movement.

zhaktronz

#458 Post by zhaktronz »

Phantasee wrote:I loved oblivion. I watched it twice and the. Again on a flight. Just for the visuals and the soundtrack. And my girl Olga.
Tron legacy was another movie where the plot didn't really matter; it was all about the sweet visual and auditory experience.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#459 Post by Big Orangutan »

Flagg wrote:I just picked up on it being derivative crap.
I found it moderately amusing how Oblivion's visual designers stole a lot from Portal and the Half-Life sequels.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

RogueIce
#YOLO

#460 Post by RogueIce »

Big Orangutan wrote:Caught the conclusion to the NCIS bombing two parter on my laptop (and wah hah hey to yet more extrajudicial murder by Agent Gibbs!).
I don't remember that. He did kill the Big Bad in part three, but that was in defense of another, which would be a justified shoot.

Dude

#461 Post by Dude »

Darksi4190 wrote:Can someone who also posts on Spacebattles tell me what the hell happened to Robert Walper since he was banned from SDN? I mean from what I remember he was just a dumbass borg-wanker who didn't even post in anything that wasn't SF related, now it seems like he never posts anything that doesn't involve the "men's rights" movement.
Now theres a group of stand up individuals. :smugissar:
-Aaron

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#462 Post by Big Orangutan »

RogueIce wrote:
Big Orangutan wrote:Caught the conclusion to the NCIS bombing two parter on my laptop (and wah hah hey to yet more extrajudicial murder by Agent Gibbs!).
I don't remember that. He did kill the Big Bad in part three, but that was in defense of another, which would be a justified shoot.
It happened in a relatively recent episode at the start of S10 called "Extreme Prejudice" where Gibbs goes to the remote house where Harper Dearing was skulking, pretty much off the books, and then viciously stabs Dearing (though Dearing was going for a pistol).

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#463 Post by adr »

my new kitty is someone else's kitty :(

i took her into the vet to be checked out and they found one of those chips in her... called the owner and they came to get her.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

evilsoup

#464 Post by evilsoup »

so uh baen books
someone just pointed me to their free ebooks library
does anyone know if any of it is worth reading?

Flagg

#465 Post by Flagg »

adr wrote:my new kitty is someone else's kitty :(

i took her into the vet to be checked out and they found one of those chips in her... called the owner and they came to get her.
I sympathize. But at least they cared enough to pick her up.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#466 Post by Big Orangutan »

My mum "adopted" somebody else's wandering cat aswell (dogs are more loyal and don't eat their owner after he/she dies, allegedly).

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#467 Post by adr »

yea. i had to run out after they got there (my vet appointment was at 3:00 and i had another meeting i couldn't miss at 4:00...) but from what i got from the story

the cat got away from them in November. my friend found her on the street (malnourished with matted fur) in mid December and took her in.

my friend had just assumed the cat was abandoned by someone who didn't want her anymore. that's depressingly common, especially here with the army people coming and going, they get transferred somewhere and sometimes don't bring the pets along, or they stop caring as the animal grows up and starts to have health problems, etc., and just dump them on the street somewhere.

anyway, her landlord caught wind of the secret cat this month so she had to give her away. i took the cat in last week and we were just starting to get comfortable with each other (and my little dog) over the last few days.

but i also noticed the cat was drinking a lot more than cats typically do so i was going to bring her in to get her kidneys and blood sugar tested. but with a stray the first thing they do is check for chips... and they found one

and to my surprise, they reached the owner... and the owner actually said they are very happy to hear the cat is still alive after all this time and immediately came to get her. i told them all that if they change their mind to call me but then i had to run to my other meeting (and got there 5 mins late but oh well)

... and no call, i doubt i'll see her again.

BTW turns out i was right about the water drinking. the chip came with a bit of medical history - she's 15 years old and her health has been deteriorating for some time now including liver and kidney problems.

but still she's a really nice cat and i miss her
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Losonti Tokash

#468 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i'm sorry you didn't get to keep your new cat buddy but at least that's a good story

i've had cats wander off and never come back and it's never a good memory

Flagg

#469 Post by Flagg »

Losonti Tokash wrote:i'm sorry you didn't get to keep your new cat buddy but at least that's a good story

i've had cats wander off and never come back and it's never a good memory
So due to your posting of adoptions (hoarder :p) and my cat being so lonely we've decided that as soon as today and as late as Friday we're going to a kill shelter and adopting an adult cat, preferably around 8 years old, the same age as Gaius. Of course we keep our kitties indoors.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Agent Bert Macklin

#470 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

After nearly two years of using Google Chrome, enough was enough. 20+ processes is ridiculous. Lack of consistent ad blocking is a downer. Laggy website rendering sucks.

Firefox is so much better. it has really improved over the years.

Bounty

#471 Post by Bounty »

My cat was a wanderer too. Just showed up one day, very hungry but in good health, no chip, seriously traumatized. Thirteen years later he still runs behind the fridge whenever a truck drives by :(
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Dude

#472 Post by Dude »

evilsoup wrote:so uh baen books
The Hammers Slammers books, Drake wrote them to deal with Vietnam and they are pretty decent for pulpy scifi. Most of the rest of Baen is trash.
-Aaron

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#473 Post by Bakustra »

Dude wrote:
evilsoup wrote:so uh baen books
The Hammers Slammers books, Drake wrote them to deal with Vietnam and they are pretty decent for pulpy scifi. Most of the rest of Baen is trash.
Redliners is also in this vein.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#474 Post by Darksi4190 »

RogueIce wrote:
Speaking of NCIS, I heard somewhere that Ziva's actress left the show. If this is true, did they resolve the whole Ziva/Tony thing or did they blueball the shippers?

Please tell me they blueballed them. I absolutely despise shippers and their despair is one of the few things that still brings me joy.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#475 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
Speaking of NCIS, I heard somewhere that Ziva's actress left the show. If this is true, did they resolve the whole Ziva/Tony thing or did they blueball the shippers?

Please tell me they blueballed them. I absolutely despise shippers and their despair is one of the few things that still brings me joy.
No joy for you, sorry.