Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Flagg

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#2351 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:flagg what would you do if I started preaching scientology all over your forum
If you were doing it outside of the spam forum I'd give you a warning and escalate until you stopped doing it anywhere but there. Or I could open a philosophy and religion section. Would you like that? Because I'm totally willing to do it.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2352 Post by evilsoup »

nah it's fine, it'd be too much effort to actually, you know, do it

Flagg

#2353 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:nah it's fine, it'd be too much effort to actually, you know, do it
Too late I got a poll open now. :giggidy:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2354 Post by evilsoup »

flagg I can't remember my password over there, can you reset it and pm me please

Flagg

#2355 Post by Flagg »

evilsoup wrote:flagg I can't remember my password over there, can you reset it and pm me please
Sure thing.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2356 Post by adr »

evilsoup wrote:I mean, no more than he used to cram whatever other insane fanfiction junk
used to?!!? I'm off my game! don't worry I'm still an anarchist pacifist hard sci fi trekkie. i'll talk about that stuff moar eventually.

but this is just on the topic of creationism, I actually read some of Genesis for the first time a couple weeks ago. (I knew the basic idea and the famous quotes like "let there be light" but never actually read the entire context. I still haven't read the entire book but at least now have looked at more than just quotes on web forums.)

anyway I felt I had something to add to the topic at hand and decided to post it in case anyone found my take on it a little more interesting than the bog standard creationism we're already familiar with. but if you guys don't actually want to talk about it that's ok too, you can always scroll past the post.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Dude

#2357 Post by Dude »

Wait...you haven't read the entire bible?
-Aaron

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#2358 Post by adr »

i've read very little of it (so far) - mostly the "highlights", if you will, with some context around the parts i find most interesting. for the most part, i know the plot from summaries, cultural osmosis, and random quotes brought up in discussions. plenty enough to get by though, especially since scripture (in my experience) is used mostly just as a starting point for talking about your life experiences or philosophy anyway; overall themes are more important to know than canon details.

BTW the kitten keeps jumping on my keyboard to get at my milk! sooo annoying. ppl say the worst thing about kittens is they grow up into cats, but i don't agree. older cats are so much more calm. she just jumped at the monitor going after the mouse cursor too. lol but she's cramping my style.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Flagg

#2359 Post by Flagg »

The good parts of the bible are the evil God and the boring parts are the good God and the obviously written while taking mushrooms part is kind of both...
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2360 Post by evilsoup »

Job is the best bit of the Bible
'sometimes life is just shit'

Flagg

#2361 Post by Flagg »

Job is the best part of the Bible because it's central message is "God is a cunt who can and will do any evil shit he feels like doing (or is dared to do by his mortal enemy who for some reason in this chapter isn't his mortal enemy yet) to prove he can and then expects you to still love him and worship him unconditionally". It's classic spousal abuse syndrome apologism.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

evilsoup

#2362 Post by evilsoup »

Crazedwraith

#2363 Post by Crazedwraith »

so turns out the uni library computers doesn't allow sound even through headphones. which is going to make it watching those instructional videos my module leader reccommended significantly more detailed.

Guess I'll find something else to do ahead of my meeting.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

The Spartan

#2364 Post by The Spartan »

Fucking planer just shredded its V-belt. It's out of commission until I get a new one in. Which won't be until Monday at the earliest.

And I needed that fucking thing this weekend...

thejester

#2365 Post by thejester »

Buys iPhone. Spends two years paying off iPhone. Jumps in pool to save toddler. iPhone fucked.

Flagg

#2366 Post by Flagg »

thejester wrote:Buys iPhone. Spends two years paying off iPhone. Jumps in pool to save toddler. iPhone fucked.
Moral of story? Let child drown. :smugissar:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#2367 Post by Big Orangutan »

Which is why I bought a relatively cheap (but still competently multi-media tasked) Nokia Lumia smartphone on a contract.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Agent Bert Macklin

#2368 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

thejester wrote:Buys iPhone. Spends two years paying off iPhone. Jumps in pool to save toddler. iPhone fucked.
Bill the parents of the toddler for not being parents.

thejester

#2369 Post by thejester »

There's life in the old girl yet, it seems. Computer has recognised the phone and is interacting with it fine but the screen won't come on - apparently that's a pretty common complaint from water damage. Hopefully repairs won't be too much.

thejester

#2370 Post by thejester »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:
Bill the parents of the toddler for not being parents.
I actually have no idea who they are as it was the pool for the apartment complex. To be fair, a lady who I'm pretty sure was the kids Mum but may have been the nanny was there and would have got to him maybe a second later than me. She just panicked slightly when he fell in and jumped in straight away - but she was pretty short (water was maybe 4ft deep) so wasn't moving as quickly as if she'd just run around to where he'd gone in and then got in.

Agent Bert Macklin

#2371 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

thejester wrote: I actually have no idea who they are as it was the pool for the apartment complex. To be fair, a lady who I'm pretty sure was the kids Mum but may have been the nanny was there and would have got to him maybe a second later than me. She just panicked slightly when he fell in and jumped in straight away - but she was pretty short (water was maybe 4ft deep) so wasn't moving as quickly as if she'd just run around to where he'd gone in and then got in.
Bill the parents for having kids when they have to hire a nanny instead of watching them.

Flagg

#2372 Post by Flagg »

Try putting the phone in a bag of uncooked rice overnight then seeing if the screen works.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Agent Bert Macklin

#2373 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Fucking hate religion. wish fundamentalists weren't allowed to procreate.

thejester

#2374 Post by thejester »

Flagg wrote:Try putting the phone in a bag of uncooked rice overnight then seeing if the screen works.
Thanks man but it's been in a bag of rice/silica since it happened on Monday.

Flagg

#2375 Post by Flagg »

thejester wrote:
Flagg wrote:Try putting the phone in a bag of uncooked rice overnight then seeing if the screen works.
Thanks man but it's been in a bag of rice/silica since it happened on Monday.
Well good, sorry it didn't work.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine