Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Agent Bert Macklin

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#576 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Bounty wrote:The Russians will always say the protesters are fascists because all bad things ever were done by fascists.

On one side you have the people of western Ukraine who want to join the EU, on the other side the people of Eastern Ukraine who want to be with Russia. There isn't really a 'side' to pick; it's like a messy divorce with tanks.
I've read that many of them are basically neo-nazis, ie the Ukranian Insurgent Army.

Kryten

#577 Post by Kryten »

Yes, on both sides. That's what happens when you have a dispute that's fundamentally over nationality, the most extreme nationalists pop out of the woodwork.

Flagg

#578 Post by Flagg »

So what If many of the Ukrainian protestors were fascists? They have a new government and it's not fascist.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Oxymoron

#579 Post by Oxymoron »

So, basically,

if the protesters are not of the political side you'd support,

you're a-okay with their country being dismantled and assimilated into another through conquest?
No.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#580 Post by adr »

so that song "let it go" from frozen.... i kinda like it. not as much as "whole new world" from aladdin (brilliant song, i think that's the best disney has ever done) but enough that i just haxxed it from the youtubes and am listening to it for like the tenth time right now
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

adr

#581 Post by adr »

and the sparkly dress she changes to at the end looks so pretty in high def

i want one

yknow she's pretty elegantly dressed at the beginning too, but i already have clothes like that (well, excepting the shoes but they aren't really my style anyway)

Basic

#582 Post by Basic »

Hey Jester, is this the time to re open betting on what percentage of Essendon players get suspended?

thejester

#583 Post by thejester »

I don't think it really changes anything TBH. Essendon have said for a while that nothing illegal was injected on the basis that they were told AOD was legal and the Thymosin was Thymosin Alpha not Thymosin Beta 4. ASADA still haven't clarified the status of AOD9604 and the two bits of evidence on thymosin are receipts for purchase and Dank saying in an interview with Fairfax that he gave them Thymosin Beta 4 and was shocked to learn it was banned.

Why News have published it now when they've presumably had the data for a while is more intriguing.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#584 Post by Big Orangutan »

Oxymoron wrote:So, basically,

if the protesters are not of the political side you'd support,

you're a-okay with their country being dismantled and assimilated into another through conquest?
The current Ukrainian shitstorm is down to the Ukraine still essentially being the front garden for a still powerful Russia run by a not very self-aware strongman that's been in power for too long and a slimy, passive aggressive US/EU tag team putting their snouts in where they shouldn't have.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#585 Post by Darksi4190 »

Does anyone know if This is in reference to some specific event or is it just general internet bullfuckery?

adr

#586 Post by adr »

so i was invited to the d conference in silicon valley this may... blargh i was hoping they'd reject me (i had to submit a topic for all kinds of social reasons but i didn't actually want to go. if they rejected it, i'd have an easy excuse: "i tried but they said no and without the sponsorship i can't afford the ticket. sry folks.")

anywho i'm thinking there's still one good way to get out of this... blame the US government

ATTN NSA tell the tsa that i said yasser arafat was a great FREEDOM FIGHTER

death to israel

DEATH TO AMERICA

Agent Bert Macklin

#587 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Is there a reason why you lack ambition, ADR? Use this as a way to network.

evilsoup

#588 Post by evilsoup »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:Is there a reason why you lack ambition, ADR? Use this as a way to network.

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#589 Post by Big Orangutan »

evilsoup wrote:Big O thanks for recommending Wolf Children, I've just finished watching it and it was fantastic
it went from cute to sweet to bittersweet
'and then I peed on it to show it who's boss'
it was a perfect example of what animation can do better than any other medium, what with the transformations and so on
It is a very emotionally affecting movie that matches the brilliant visuals and it all feels quite belivable, quite grounded.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

adr

#590 Post by adr »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:Is there a reason why you lack ambition, ADR? Use this as a way to network.
eh i've considered that; i'm sick of being constantly in the financial danger zone

like thanks to my frugality, i'm still keeping up on the bills, but regardless i'm doing last minute minimum payments when a paycheck finally arrives and i don't like that at all

...but y'know, i'm still doing pretty ok. i can complain about what i don't have or be happy with what i do have. i choose the latter. (most the time lol)

anyway i was gonna say ambition is the root of all evil but pondering it, i think it is more that my priorities are just different

you could offer me a large sum of money but if it meant moving, i'd say no. you could offer me a generally decent job: stuff i don't hate and might even like, work from home, pick my own schedule.... but if it had such a time commitment that it takes over my entire life, i'd say no

i don't know if wanting stability and freedom more than money, recognition, etc. still counts as ambition, but since i'm pretty inflexible about these things i think it is in the same category

Darksi4190

#591 Post by Darksi4190 »

I just read an article that says the excessive slow-motion in 300: Rise of an Empire extends the film's length by nearly half an hour, thus I probably won't be seeing it.

Excessive slow-mo was the thing I hated the most about the first movie, but I had thought the production team were getting better in regards to using it sparingly.

adr

#592 Post by adr »

i actually watched the 300 movie in a college philosophy class of all places. no critical analysis of it either, the professor (hilariously to me, named Tom Baker and oh, he had a Ph.D.) just liked the movie and figured it is ostensibly set in greece and plato was greek so totally on topic. bizarre.

anyway i thought it was boring. i totally feel you on the slow mo bro, ugh

y'know speaking of fights, another thing that bugs me in so so so many movies is the totally out of control camera. moving all over the place, not letting you actually see what's going on. if slow mo is weak in one direction, the overly frantic moton is weak in the other.

Darksi4190

#593 Post by Darksi4190 »

300's action scenes would be good if they were played at regular speed. There's usually a clear sense of who's fighting who and what's going on.

Transformers, on the other hand.........

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#594 Post by Bakustra »

Straha wrote:Dear Sciences,

Take your smug sense of self-righteousness and shove it up your ass.

Sincerely,

The Humanities
uh uh uh, nowadays it's all about the good humanities ppl (analytic philosophers and janice raymond) and how continental philosophy is all bullshit

i was told this last by a video game website maintainer so it must be true

joviwan

#595 Post by joviwan »

I love 'ramping' when it comes to choreography, because it allows the movements of a fight to be a lot more unconventional and interesting. In a normal fight, everyone has to do this big motions at the end of their reach, no faster than a particular top speed. There's a lot of fun ways to use these limitations to produce amazingly great fights, but ramping is a tool that lets you go out of that mold a bit.

You can do trickier, more visually complex stuff that doesn't ordinarily show well on camera by being able to slow down key points, expanding your detail significantly and making a blurry part of the ballet interesting.

You can get more interesting moves based more on reality, looking deadly and effective because of that manipulation of speed and pacing.

So Zach Snyder may turn out shitfests as far as movies are concerned (And I don't necessarily agree that all of his movies are), but for me, the choreography is always super interesting.

EDIT: this is in reference to 300 and shit above

Darksi4190

#596 Post by Darksi4190 »

If they used the slow-mo a bit more sparingly I might agree with you. IMO a good example of the use of slow-motion for emphasis in fights is the recent Spartacus series on Starz.

Going by the numbers though, nearly one-quarter of this film will be in slow motion, and at that point it just seems like padding.

Straha
Lecturer

#597 Post by Straha »

Bakustra wrote:
Straha wrote:Dear Sciences,

Take your smug sense of self-righteousness and shove it up your ass.

Sincerely,

The Humanities
uh uh uh, nowadays it's all about the good humanities ppl (analytic philosophers and janice raymond) and how continental philosophy is all bullshit

i was told this last by a video game website maintainer so it must be true
There is a disturbing lack of links in your post. You should fix that.

Also, when was the last time Alyrium posted something that didn't make me want to punch him in the face? I'm guessing... never.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Darksi4190

#598 Post by Darksi4190 »

Straha wrote:Also, when was the last time Alyrium posted something that didn't make me want to punch him in the face? I'm guessing... never.
Ok, i'll bite. What is this in reference to?

Straha
Lecturer

#599 Post by Straha »

This.

Especially his tidbit at the end complaining about how ethics hinders scientific research.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Agent Bert Macklin

#600 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Frogs > humans. That's all you have to know about the tryhard.