videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: videojuegos

#951 Post by Oxymoron »

So, playing the early release of Wasteland 2. Currently playing the first "real" mission (the agri gardens)

Not bad so far. Still a number of bugs, and the interface needs a little bit more works (had to go to the internet to learn how to use a shovel to dig holes), but the foundations seem solid.

Though if they really managed to gather $3 million through their kickstarter campaign and all that, I guess that's the least we could hope for.
No.

Oxymoron

#952 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#953 Post by RogueIce »

So Hearts of Iron IV is going to be a thing in 2015. I am thus far indifferent. I really disliked HoI3 and had pretty much no fun playing it. It just...I don't know, but everything about it managed to rub me the wrong way. And I even got it after the Semper Fi expansion, so I didn't go through the disaster that was their launch, which apparently they've gotten better about since then.

Hopefully they'll make it better in HoI4, but I suspect I'll still be playing HoI2: Armageddon for a long time to come.

Stofsk

#954 Post by Stofsk »

Hey Los, or anyone else if they know, I got a couple of questions about ME3's multiplayer:

How long does the readiness % thing work? The wiki is a little vague. Specifically, does it diminish over time and how long does it take to diminish?

Can PC players play with console players?

joviwan

#955 Post by joviwan »

It diminishes over time. I seem to recall going from "full" to "empty" takes like 3-5 days, but getting it back up or maintaining the readiness isn't difficult. I want to say it drains a % or two every couple hours, and the rate of change might be different based on how much you have.

No, PC players cannot play with console players.

Stofsk

#956 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:It diminishes over time. I seem to recall going from "full" to "empty" takes like 3-5 days, but getting it back up or maintaining the readiness isn't difficult. I want to say it drains a % or two every couple hours, and the rate of change might be different based on how much you have.
Well, after about three hours or so I've gone from 50% to 87%. And that's from playing mostly bronze level matches.

Also gone from a lvl 1 character to lvl 18 in the same timeframe.

EDIT: What's the best value for money when it comes to purchasing shit off the store, and are they per-character unlocks or available for every character I should make?
No, PC players cannot play with console players.
Poo.

joviwan

#957 Post by joviwan »

It's been a while since I played, but there were a list of 'king' packs. Premium Spectre was the best all around pack, biggest number of unlocks at highest chance of rarity. I seem to recall that there were king packs for, like, "Weapons" and "Characters" if you wanted to grind out one over the other.

However, that is more 'late game' advice. Early on in MP, spamming Veteran packs like it's nobody's business gets you a decent workhorse of gear and class unlocks. You can stop spamming Veteran packs when you start hitting Rank X in your basic guns.

If you're level 18 and getting comfy with the class, I suggest moving to silver. THe difficulty jump isn't too big, makes it more fun, and you get more credits.

joviwan

#958 Post by joviwan »

Are you on PC or console?

Stofsk

#959 Post by Stofsk »

PC

Gands

#960 Post by Gands »

RogueIce wrote:So Hearts of Iron IV is going to be a thing in 2015. I am thus far indifferent. I really disliked HoI3 and had pretty much no fun playing it. It just...I don't know, but everything about it managed to rub me the wrong way. And I even got it after the Semper Fi expansion, so I didn't go through the disaster that was their launch, which apparently they've gotten better about since then.

Hopefully they'll make it better in HoI4, but I suspect I'll still be playing HoI2: Armageddon for a long time to come.
Yeah, HoI2 was awesome, especially with Arsenal of Democracy. If I still had Windows I'd be playing it now.

If they go HoI4, I'd like a Mac version.

joviwan

#961 Post by joviwan »

Stofsk wrote:PC
Huh. I don't know if our schedules have any overlap at all, but I'll see about checking on patching my copy of origin/ME3.

Stofsk

#962 Post by Stofsk »

joviwan wrote:
Stofsk wrote:PC
Huh. I don't know if our schedules have any overlap at all, but I'll see about checking on patching my copy of origin/ME3.
What time is it over wherever you are? It's 2111 where I am as of the time of this post.

EDIT Although I suspect that the time zone difference will just make things unworkable, and ping might be more of an issue. In any event, I've had some good success with the quick match system. I got up to 100% readiness, so at this point it's just a question of logging in every day and maintaining it.

EDIT2 Wow, just checked my stats on N7 HQ and that was 17 games over 5hrs. Jesus, it didn't feel like it.

joviwan

#963 Post by joviwan »

My timezone is GMT -8.

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#964 Post by Bakustra »

RogueIce wrote:So Hearts of Iron IV is going to be a thing in 2015. I am thus far indifferent. I really disliked HoI3 and had pretty much no fun playing it. It just...I don't know, but everything about it managed to rub me the wrong way. And I even got it after the Semper Fi expansion, so I didn't go through the disaster that was their launch, which apparently they've gotten better about since then.

hoi4 will be better than 2, and possibly better than darkest hour

Bakustra

#965 Post by Bakustra »

in other news, been playing devil survivor 2 and 999 recently. good games

Flagg

#966 Post by Flagg »

Anyone who enjoys sliders of war can eat my dick.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra

#967 Post by Bakustra »

Flagg wrote:Anyone who enjoys sliders of war can eat my dick.
:giggidy:

Agent Bert Macklin

#968 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Stick of Truth is out tomorrow. Was gonna buy it on PC then saw the $60 price. Fuck that. $0, please.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#969 Post by Darksi4190 »

Yeah, i'd definitely wait until it comes down in price. I mean it was delayed 'cause of the THQ bankruptcy, and that usually doesn't do good things for a game.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#970 Post by RogueIce »

Bakustra wrote:in other news, been playing devil survivor 2 and 999 recently. good games
I hope so. I was really disappointed in 3.

TBH I hope their tech system goes back to something more like 2 than the ungodly mess that is 3. I never had any clue what I was actually doing with those researches, I just slotted them in randomly. Way too much complexity and micro, IMO. OTH, I did like the mobilization system.

Agent Bert Macklin

#971 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Jesus. no key customizations for The Stick of Truth on the PC. Goddammit!

joviwan

#972 Post by joviwan »

finally did the math on this one. Stofsk, your 2100 is my 0200. So you're either 5 hours behind me or 19 hours ahead of me. either way, hoo boy, awkward timezones.

Losonti Tokash

#973 Post by Losonti Tokash »

It's Australia, they're ahead of everyone.

evilsoup

Alien: Isolation

#974 Post by evilsoup »

So yeah Alien: Isolation (note the singular there)
a survival horror where you're alone on a space station with an Alien
looks pretty sweet

http://youtube.com/watch?v=meNE4CPtnCo

also here's Q&A from some of the developers

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#975 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I'm skeptical, but I like their approach. I was discussing with a friend this moment how the first big hurdle for good horror is actually just getting the basic concept right, so even without having anything but a trailer they're miles ahead of most people lol

In other news:

'A narcissistic disciple who fights with twin swords. Though he possesses supreme confidence, he’s actually quite dumb. Every bit of trivia he reveals is wrong, and his mistaken information constantly annoys his companions.'

Drakengard 3 is going to own :v