Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
thejester

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#601 Post by thejester »

Straha wrote:This.

Especially his tidbit at the end complaining about how ethics hinders scientific research.
"I am an expert. Allow me to condescend you with my expertise."

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#602 Post by Darksi4190 »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:Frogs > humans. That's all you have to know about the tryhard.
Man what the hell happened to Aly? Way back when we were on the same "team" in the first SDN STGOD, he was mostly personable and fun to interact with. Sure he was a bit nerdy, but we all were.

Then he got published and became all full of himself, and he turned into buzz killington.

Of course he's not the only STGOD1 player that happened to............

Straha
Lecturer

#603 Post by Straha »

So mean to me... :whine: *smirk*
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Darksi4190

#604 Post by Darksi4190 »

Sorry, it's just that you used to be well, fun.

Now I feel like I need reference materials to understand half your posts. Actually a lot of the discussion around here can get boring. Especially analysis of fiction. It's all done from the viewpoint of examining themes or assessing how a work represents gender or otherness or something like that. Reading posts on this forum feels increasingly like reading materials from my lit classes at school, and I come here to get away from that kind of shit.

Even Connor isn't keeping up his 40K analysis. Sometimes I wish we could still talk about fun stuff like biggatons and explosions and shit.

Straha
Lecturer

#605 Post by Straha »

"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

zhaktronz

#606 Post by zhaktronz »

Connor is busy analysing the biggatons in gundam with stark these days

Stofsk

#607 Post by Stofsk »

I would talk more about biggatons but I am paralysed with not caring very much

Darksi4190

#608 Post by Darksi4190 »

Stofsk wrote:I would talk more about biggatons but I am paralyzed with not caring very much
I'm familiar with that affliction as I am struck by it the minute someone tries to turn an interesting discussion into a literary analysis course.

thejester

#609 Post by thejester »

darksi would it help if I generated some familiar yet essentially meaningless bigaton content ie:

blah blah blah
if we assume that the asteroid is a spherical mass of iron
blah blah blah
your source is C-canon while mine is G-canon FFS
blah blah blah
This is disproven by both the Dodanna calcs and the ICS
blah blah blah
Show proof or STFU
blah blah blah
you little goatfucking shit

???

thejester

#610 Post by thejester »

sorry mate busting out my Mike Wong impression was actually a bit of a dick move

pews pews are cool

Dooey Jo

#611 Post by Dooey Jo »

concession accepted
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Straha
Lecturer

#612 Post by Straha »

Jester, you left out "I don't have time for this".

It's very important because that's where you both diminish the person you're talking to and lay the ground work for their reply being a banable offense because your replies are just too arduous to write.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#613 Post by adr »

IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO LEAVE

ASSHOLE

don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

how about my foot up your ass

red foreman

CAN YOU FLY, BOBBY?!?!

oh mang
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Dooey Jo

#614 Post by Dooey Jo »

who knew future red foreman

would live in detroit
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#615 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Darksi4190 wrote:Sometimes I wish we could still talk about fun stuff like biggatons and explosions and shit.
My definition of boring changed around the time I stopped being a teenager.

Like some guy on SB liked a post of mine from 2007 where I said I liked Starship Troopers (the novel). What the shit.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#616 Post by RogueIce »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Sometimes I wish we could still talk about fun stuff like biggatons and explosions and shit.

Like some guy on SB liked a post of mine from 2007 where I said I liked Starship Troopers (the novel). What the shit.
"Liked"

adr

#617 Post by adr »

starship troopers the movie is excellent however!

so i just saw a joke on a minute of "the cleveland show" before i changed the channel that actually made me lol a bit

the vampire princess is there and the action hero says "It's past your dead time!"

ah, this show sucks and that joke isn't even that good but still i actually lold

adr

#618 Post by adr »

lol cbs evening propaganda

"the russians want ukraine in their own eurasian union... a kind of reconstituted soviet union"

edit: and now glorifying the great free press in america. please.

Darksi4190

#619 Post by Darksi4190 »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:Like some guy on SB liked a post of mine from 2007 where I said I liked Starship Troopers (the novel). What the shit.
Some people on SB can get really weird with the "likes." Was it just something along the lines of "lol I love that book" or was it something like "The power armor is cool" that someone could conceivably agree with?

Straha
Lecturer

#620 Post by Straha »

Btw, Darksider. I will say this: I really miss STGOD4. That was some real fun times.

Stofsk

#621 Post by Stofsk »

F.J. Prefect, Esq wrote:

Mang, as a teenager Heinlein seemed really awesome. Then I grew up and found him to be very, very strange. Many people consider his juvenile-themed novels to be his weakest, and his later novels to be his strongest, but I actually think it's the reverse. His juvenile novels might be little more than coming-of-age novels set in space or whatever, but they were straight-forward and had very little pretense. His later novels were pretentious and often bizarre.

Straha
Lecturer

#622 Post by Straha »

I really like Heinlein in the sense that he seems like one of those authors who anyone can find something of value in if you look at the right section of his corpus. Adventure. Philosophical ruminations on gender and identity. Space militarism. Social criticism. Patriotism. It's all in there, if you know where to look.

adr

#623 Post by adr »

i just spent like two hours at a baptism. the sister missionaries got another pair of converts, while the elders continue to get doors slammed in their faces lol

anyway, given the time here a lot of the brothers were still wearing their army uniforms when they came in. i knew a lot of them were military, but i didn't realize so many of them were officers. i spotted a major, a first lieutenant, a warrant officer, and a sergeant tonight (all people i've gotten to know reasonably well in the last few months too but this is my first time seeing them in uniform)

the sergeant was telling us a story about ridiculous military budget stuff. he's been working late the last week ordering all kinds of supplies. he said any left over money in their budget now will be lost and they'll get a smaller budget next year if it isn't spent...

...and since the commander doesn't want to lose money they might need later, they ordered him to spend like two million dollars pronto (yet he also said he never has any money to spend the rest of the year )

now while i'm sure he's trying to find useful things to spend it on, stocking up on stuff for next year, replacing broken stuff and so on

it really goes to show, budgets always will find /some/ way to get spent, just so they can keep growing.

Darksi4190

#624 Post by Darksi4190 »

Straha wrote:Btw, Darksider. I will say this: I really miss STGOD4. That was some real fun times.
4 was the reboot of one right? Sometimes I get them mixed up.

Straha
Lecturer

#625 Post by Straha »

Yes. The followup of one.

So fucking fun. I'll even admit to having a long-running head cannon to how it would have resolved itself and the future of that world.