Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#776 Post by adr »

Ralin wrote:that episode where Walker rescued the baby Jesus from kidnappers during his past life incarnation as Hayes Cooper, a Wild West Texas Ranger who respected the culture of the Native Americans."
mang i do remember that one

your interpretations are deep man i usually think of the show as being kicks and lols.... with more kicks and lols beneath the surface
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Ralin

#777 Post by Ralin »

God kind of dropped the ball on his end, but Walker forgave him.

evilsoup

#778 Post by evilsoup »

haha, watching an old episode of top of the pops
man
the 1970s were a creepy and insipid decade, christ

Ralin

#779 Post by Ralin »

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Wild West RP I mentioned was also part of my elaborate plan to get back at someone from my old RP group for something.

See, one of the prefab characters I was going to make was a lawman called Kay Wallace. And the person in question would probably have picked him because he was a badass cowboy. And the epigraph on his bio would have been a cowardly Mexican bandit going, "We should go. That's Kay Wallace. I once saw him beat three men to the draw. And they already had their guns out. That's Kay Wallace!"

And I had solemnly promised him that Walker from Walker: Texas Ranger would not show up in any form. Including Walker's past life incarnation as Hayes Cooper, a Wild West Texas Ranger who respected the culture of the Native Americans.

But what Ez didn't know was that Kay Wallace was the one who inducted Hayes Cooper into the Texas Rangers. So I would have waited a few sessions, and then I would have gone, "HAHA! YOU JUST PLAYED A WALKERVERSE CHARACTER! HAHA! "

"WHO'S WALKER: TEXAS FAGGOT NOW?!"

Sadly I never got to do this.

adr

#780 Post by adr »

i was just reminescing about my newbie days on the D chatroom:

there weren't any codebases when i was new. well ok there were plenty, it was 1999. but i didn't have the internet so they weren't very accessible to me lol

there was one time we went to Syracuse and i looked in the software section wanting to buy Microsoft Visual Studio on compact disc. but i don't remember if it wasn't there or if it was just way too expensive... instead i ended up copying Digital Mars C to floppy disks from the school computer and taking them home

adr

#781 Post by adr »

different times back then

with the floppy disks and having to actually physically carry data places

Ralin

#782 Post by Ralin »

So I started rewatching Breaking Bad from the beginning and this time I'm really seeing just how much Walt was a victim of Skyler and Jessie's emotional and psychological abuse. They were both really good manipulators and they homed in on Walt's weaknesses, like his humility and his devotion to his family, and just pounded away until they had him wrapped around their fingers : /

adr

#783 Post by adr »

airwolf is totally airwolf

Ralin

#784 Post by Ralin »

"Lupin wished to rob a castle which had a level of security that he deemed impossible to bypass by stealth. To this end he sent the baron who owned the castle and its treasures a letter requesting that the baron pack the desired articles up and ship them off pre-paid to be received by Lupin, who was at the time in prison, or else Lupin would be obliged to remove them and perhaps other items as well on a specified date eight days hence. Lupin then spread the word that his arch-nemesis the detective Ganimard was vacationing in a nearby town. The baron, by now in a panic, seeks Ganimard out and recruits him to help defend his castle on the appointed night. The detective turns out to be a disguised associate of Lupin, who had concluded that the only feasible means of robbing the castle was to be invited in by the baron himself."

Man I love those stories. Really need to get around to reading the rest of them.

Ralin

#785 Post by Ralin »

I just had a really great idea. What I should do is write a story inspired by Breaking Bad. Only instead of a chemistry teacher who cooks meth it'll be about a botanist who grows marijuana. And unlike Walter White he'll be all psychologically and emotionally abusive and constantly manipulate everyone around him, and cause pain and suffering for his family and everyone who works with him, to emphasize how the drug marijuana is worse than meth.

adr

#786 Post by adr »

i do hate marijuana

sounds good to me

adr

#787 Post by adr »

RogueIce
#YOLO

#788 Post by RogueIce »

Ralin wrote:I just had a really great idea. What I should do is write a story inspired by Breaking Bad. Only instead of a chemistry teacher who cooks meth it'll be about a botanist who grows marijuana. And unlike Walter White he'll be all psychologically and emotionally abusive and constantly manipulate everyone around him, and cause pain and suffering for his family and everyone who works with him, to emphasize how the drug marijuana is worse than meth.
But what if he lives in Colorado? :v

adr

#789 Post by adr »

so i often just wait till the last minute to do things; improvising instead of preparing. it usually works out (and when it doesn't, i redefine success :P )

but do i wait till the last minute cuz i am just a lazy procrastinator

...or am i a lazy procrastinator because a lifetime of experience has shown it to have an excellent cost/benefit ratio?

eh idk i'll figure it out later

Ralin

#790 Post by Ralin »

RogueIce wrote:But what if he lives in Colorado? :v
I'm thinking of setting it in near-future Colorado, where Obama has sent the military in to occupy Colorado and place it under martial law.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#791 Post by RogueIce »

Ralin wrote:
RogueIce wrote:But what if he lives in Colorado? :v
I'm thinking of setting it in near-future Colorado, where Obama has sent the military in to occupy Colorado and place it under martial law.
"'Occupy' movement,eh? I'll give you an occupation!" :argh:

And then, freedom reigned forever. :america:

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#792 Post by Darksi4190 »

Military occupation wouldn't be necessary to put down the occupy movement. It's doing a fine job of being useless and ineffectual all by its lonesome.

Crazedwraith

#793 Post by Crazedwraith »

the occupy movements still going?
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Losonti Tokash

#794 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Darksi4190 wrote:Military occupation wouldn't be necessary to put down the occupy movement. It's doing a fine job of being useless and ineffectual all by its lonesome.
i love this because it's always from people who never do shit

like it's "useless and ineffectual" because they didn't overthrow the government or whatever even though they continue to do advocacy work and community building right now in cities all over the country

have you even donated $5 or done a phone bank for a campaign or do you just post on facebook about it

Ralin

#795 Post by Ralin »

I remember when I arrived in Beijing in 2011 the person who picked me up commented that he'd seen all the protests in the US on TV. I resisted the urge to say, "Yeah, I hear there was an Occupy Beijing movement once, but it didn't turn out well."

But seriously, Obama should have had the Occupy protesters gunned down in the streets. That's part of why I plan to emigrate. I have no faith in the ability of a government that allows that kind of crap in public to deal with the problems facing America today.

joviwan

#796 Post by joviwan »

o_O

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#797 Post by Darksi4190 »

Ralin wrote:I remember when I arrived in Beijing in 2011 the person who picked me up commented that he'd seen all the protests in the US on TV. I resisted the urge to say, "Yeah, I hear there was an Occupy Beijing movement once, but it didn't turn out well."

But seriously, Obama should have had the Occupy protesters gunned down in the streets. That's part of why I plan to emigrate. I have no faith in the ability of a government that allows that kind of crap in public to deal with the problems facing America today.

Lolwut?

timmy

#798 Post by timmy »

Hoping that this is one of those times where sarcasm doesn't translate well out of context.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Ralin

#799 Post by Ralin »

Are you suggesting that people should be free to openly speak out against their government and hold protests demanding changes to it and the way the rich are allowed to do business?

Because that's crazy talk.

timmy

#800 Post by timmy »

Ah. Goodo.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester