Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

The troll forum, with 50% more bowel movements.
Bob the Gunslinger

Re: Testing Chat Episode VI: Return of the Chat

#801 Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Is Ralin the guy who 'worships' Walker, Texas Ranger the way ADR found Mormonism? Because that's some great trolling shit that became very tedious very quickly.

Ralin

#802 Post by Ralin »

I never troll. That would be wrong.

On an unrelated note: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1979675/1/ ... Armageddon

"As the Rangers began pulling an ungodly assortment of weapons out of the back of the truck and arming themselves, Walker gave battle orders with the cool, collected voice of a man that's been through hell and left Satan with the lingering taste of Rangercock in his mouth."

Dooey Jo

#803 Post by Dooey Jo »

fuck
i dreamt i read a thread on SA where you were being chased by a giant malcolm mcdowell
like literally the "thread" was a different world where a six metres tall malcolm mcdowell ran after me, and climbed a pine tree like a lumberjack only super fast and without the rope.
holy fuck

but it was only half scary because i knew it was only the op wearing a mask or something

future of internet everybody
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#804 Post by adr »

https://w0rp.com/404

lol nice 404 youtube
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Ralin

#805 Post by Ralin »

Got turned down for a Hong Kong NET job.

I'm sad now.

evilsoup

#806 Post by evilsoup »

Haha, oh man
listening to Woman's Hour on the wireless, they're doing a bunch of stuff to do with feminism and Islam, including a bunch of call-ins they got from British Muslim women
it's pretty funny to hear them doing the LOOK NO WE'RE NOT BEING ISLAMIPHOBIC HERE disclaimers
I mean I understand why they have to do it, but it's pretty funny to hear the worry in the presenter's voice

adr

#807 Post by adr »

looks like my brother's painting of mars as seen from phobos will be the cover art for my D book

amazing

Civil War Man

#809 Post by Civil War Man »

My favorite part is how the law explicitly decriminalizes trying to sneak guns through airport security.

And oh look, the busiest airport in the world is in Atlanta. No way that could backfire horribly. :hurfhurf:

evilsoup

#810 Post by evilsoup »

only if you've got a license though
surely those require extensive background checks and evaluations

adr

#811 Post by adr »

so I just saw a story going around saying north korea is forcing all people ot have the same haircut

that smells like bullshit to me yet it is repeated in places like the Washington post with no corroboration given

don't these people fact check anything?

evilsoup

#812 Post by evilsoup »

I heard that on the bbc
so it must be true

Civil War Man

#813 Post by Civil War Man »

evilsoup wrote:only if you've got a license though
surely those require extensive background checks and evaluations
Maybe? It varies by state. According to the Georgia state webpage, the application requires a criminal background check, so theoretically you can't get a license if you have any priors (but then again, the article does mention allowing Stand Your Ground to be used by felons, so presumably there is a point where you can get a legal firearm despite having a criminal record). And you might get denied a license if you've recently been receiving treatment for mental illness or drug addiction unless you can get a probate court judge to waive that restriction.

And even if getting a valid license was difficult in Georgia, the application site does say the state has license reciprocity with Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming, so if any of those state have laxer licensing requirements...

Not that it really matters, though. Seems most of the mass shootings we've been hearing about recently have been from people with legally purchased firearms and no major criminal record to speak of.

Ralin

#814 Post by Ralin »

Civil War Man wrote:My favorite part is how the law explicitly decriminalizes trying to sneak guns through airport security.

And oh look, the busiest airport in the world is in Atlanta. No way that could backfire horribly. :hurfhurf:
That would probably be less of an issue than you would think. I mean not being arrested for it would be nice, but what's our fanatical terrorist friend going to do; come back and try again the next day?

Agent Bert Macklin

#815 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

adr wrote:don't these people fact check anything?
Fact check the Book of Mormon.

adr

#816 Post by adr »

so I had phone interview #3 today and I feel like I dropped the ball and now I wonder if they feel the same way

* there was a question about random number algorithms that became obvious once I saw where he was going but it took me a few hints to see where that was (perhaps betraying my lack of education)

* there was a thing about database queries that I just plain didn't know could even be done in the database engine; I had never seen it done and didn't get the hints (since I thought he was asking something the language couldn't support at all, I kept going back to alternate strategies), but again, when he explained it at the end I saw what it meant... too late tho? definitely showing my lack of experience in this particular area

there's been no reply yet.... last time, they contacted me to schedule the next thing 15 minutes later, and now it has already been like 5 hours so def not happening tonight. blargh, hopefully they'll say one way or the other tomorrow morning at least

adr

#817 Post by adr »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:Fact check the Book of Mormon.
I did, with a higher authority who gave me witness that the things I was reading were true and therefore Joseph Smith, Jr. is a prophet of God and thus this is the true Church of Jesus Christ.

That's what I'm talking about here. The idea that ancient humans somehow made it to another continent is hard for me to believe, so I checked with a second source (the Holy Ghost). I didn't just take one publication's word for it despite the fantastic claims and proceed to reprint them over and over again without the slightest critical reflection. Sometimes, strange sounding things are true, but often they aren't.... especially when they are targeted at a designated enemy of the regime and are coming from an overt propaganda mouthpiece from that same regime.

If PressTV published a piece saying Iran's inflation is the result of a Mossad undercover plot, people would probably be all like "yeah right", and the claim would certainly not duplicated as truth by the BBC and WP and so on. But, a USG funded agency saying something that sounds silly about a government the USG doesn't like? MUST BE TRUE, DON'T EVEN ASK ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY.

(now it might be true, the story has already changed saying it only applies to university students and who knows, a dress code is plausible. But all I ask is that they get a second, independent source to agree before printing it.)

adr

#818 Post by adr »

btw the Mormons were bowling tonight and offered to take me along but I have the babies :(

adr

#819 Post by adr »

adr wrote:so I had phone interview #3 today and I feel like I dropped the ball and now I wonder if they feel the same way
...they did. blargh, back to the drawing board.

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#820 Post by Phantasee »

Self-promotion: check the links in my signature
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

joviwan

#821 Post by joviwan »

adr wrote:
adr wrote:so I had phone interview #3 today and I feel like I dropped the ball and now I wonder if they feel the same way
...they did. blargh, back to the drawing board.
I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

Can you lean on your mormon peeps for feet in doors?

Oxymoron

#822 Post by Oxymoron »

If you put your feet in doors

expect crushed toes
No.

evilsoup

#823 Post by evilsoup »

Oxymoron wrote:If you put your feet in doors

expect crushed toes
Solution: steel-capped boots.

adr

#824 Post by adr »

joviwan wrote:Can you lean on your mormon peeps for feet in doors?
Oh possibly, but I'm trying to work internet sources first (which I also don't really like doing but I'm down to $7, time to swallow at least some of my pride); I joined their church (in part) for charitable opportunities, not to be a charitable opportunity and I'd prefer not to even look like one right now.

I emailed a guy I've done a lot of open-source work with before who works at Facebook today and he was willing to help... if I was willing to move, since FB rarely hires work-from-home people. So let's call that Plan Z. But still, we'll see what happens.

joviwan

#825 Post by joviwan »

There's a difference between using all of your social circles for networking and being a charitable opportunity. Pride is nice and all but if you can get a job through the Mormon Network, that sounds a lot better than bankruptcy and losing your house.