Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
joviwan

Re: videojuegos

#1001 Post by joviwan »

p. sure it's the same account, doesn't cost anything extra

Losonti Tokash

#1002 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Darksi4190 wrote:Does adding an Xbox One to your Live account do anything to the price? I know you can have it on both consoles, but I haven't been able to find anything about fees or anything like that.
You mean does Xbox live cost extra if you have it on both? No, it's the same price.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1003 Post by RogueIce »

So I'm playing the Road to Independence campaign for RTW. Not too bad...until I got to Chapter 3. And managed to get George Washington killed at Bunker Hill... :(

Oxymoron

#1004 Post by Oxymoron »

I bought a used nintendo 3DS last weekend, and took "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" to go with it.

Considering I grew up with "A Link To The Past" on the original Super Nintendo, that's a big trip down Nostalgia Lane. The music alone...

Anyway, so far the game is good, and like the fact that even though the world map is mostly the same, they changed enough things that it's a completely different game from A Link To The Past while feeling familiar enough to play that nostalgia vibe.

Plus, there's a number of interesting new gameplay elements. For example, all the items (like the hammer, the different wands, the boomerang, etc...) are available from the start, as they have to be rented or bought from a merchant. So you can do almost all the different dungeons and find most of the game secrets from the start, in the order you want, as long as you grind enough rupees.

As for the story, it's too early to judge, but it seems to be the same simple but effective kind of narrative as every other Zelda game, served by original and memorable character designs.
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1005 Post by RogueIce »

Are you still fighting Ganon Gannon Ganondorf Whoever-the-fuck-he-is-this-week?

Oxymoron

#1006 Post by Oxymoron »

This time, it's a villain who's stealing his power ("The Triforce of Power!") by fusing with him.
No.

xon

#1007 Post by xon »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:How much would it really cost to put in key mapping?
joviwan's reply is really good.

There is also the additional aspect that consoles have a fixed hardware, so companies build for maximum bling which works on that hardware and almost nothing no more. This can mean that the infrastructure to change all those options during gameplay might not actually exist without literally changing code and then recompiling.

Oxymoron

#1008 Post by Oxymoron »

Currently playing Bravely Default.

Not bad so far, the game mechanics are good.

Still, I get the feeling that game is trying pretty hard to be an old-school Final Fantasy game.

I mean, one of the enemy type is called "Cait Sith" and they are cat magicians, and your goal is to save the crystals which give the whole planet life.
No.

joviwan

#1009 Post by joviwan »

That's kind of the point.

The game is so final fantasy that there are Phoenix Downs and White Mages and four elemental crystals that balance the planet. It could have been called "Final Fantasy: bravely default"

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1010 Post by RogueIce »

So fucking CA decided to be "helpful" and add an "auto-sort" to their unit cards for ETW on the campaign map. Ignoring whether or not their played would want to have their units organized G-A-C-I (or whatever the exact order is) in the first place, they apparently broke it in patch 1.2 and never bothered to fix it when they cut and run to Napoleon: Total War. :argh:

There is a workaround to make the auto-sort work, but it's shitty anyway. Because then it's based on order you recruited, so if I combine an army with Line Infantry and Light Infantry, it'll shuffle them up and there's no damn way to fix it, short of disbanding all the Light Infantry and building them anew. Which is a shitty method.

The worst part? Short of drag-and-drop unit card ordering (Seriously why do they not do this? Did it ever get put in for Shogun 2 or Rome 2?) RTW had a good method: last unit to join gets ordered last. So you could select all the units of a certain type, march them out one space, then recombine the army and presto, you will have your armies ordered just the way you want them. But no, that wasn't good enough so they had to give us a "helpful" "solution" that isn't terribly helpful and then break it anyway.

Gah fucking Creative Assembly. *smirk*

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1011 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

joviwan wrote:That's kind of the point.

The game is so final fantasy that there are Phoenix Downs and White Mages and four elemental crystals that balance the planet. It could have been called "Final Fantasy: bravely default"
Bravely Default was actually originally conceived as a sequel to Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light so ...

joviwan

#1012 Post by joviwan »

Ha, awesome.

joviwan

#1013 Post by joviwan »

I don't know why I keep looking over there

the titanfall thread is just

:psyduck:

joviwan

#1014 Post by joviwan »

I can't recall if I mentioned this to anyone, but if anyone here played Shadowrun Returns, the new campaign is much better than the first one on basically all fronts (though the game itself is pretty much the same, with some rebalance and new gear).

Oxymoron

#1015 Post by Oxymoron »

Thanks. I'll consider buying it, then.
No.

joviwan

#1016 Post by joviwan »

Oxymoron

#1017 Post by Oxymoron »

joviwan wrote:10/10 goatee
FTFY
No.

joviwan

#1018 Post by joviwan »

:D

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1019 Post by Darksi4190 »

Question on the FFX/X-2 HD re-release.

Do the improvements and added content in X alone make this worth the price? I found X-2 to be the most boring and uninteresting of all the FF games, (well, I did until I played 13) and have no intention of ever re-visiting it, so the improvements to that game don't matter to me. Is enough new material added to FFX to make it worth 40 bucks?

joviwan

#1020 Post by joviwan »

X-2 is one of the only two FF games I've ever completed. If they'd released the remaster on PS4 I'd have picked it up again.

Darksi4190

#1021 Post by Darksi4190 »

It's kind of hard not to complete X-2, since it's so goddamn easy. I think how easily I breezed through it was its one redeeming feature. It kept the boredom to an appropriate minimum.

joviwan

#1022 Post by joviwan »

All final fantasy games are easy. X-2 was not any easier or harder than the others.

I finished X-2 cause I like playing dress-up, and I was genuinely engaged with the story.

Losonti Tokash

#1023 Post by Losonti Tokash »

FF7 was pretty hard to my ten year old self, especially that demon wall in the ancient temple. Had me stuck for a week.

Darksi4190

#1024 Post by Darksi4190 »

Losonti Tokash wrote:FF7 was pretty hard to my ten year old self, especially that demon wall in the ancient temple. Had me stuck for a week.
That one was a bit of an annoyance. I can remember a few bosses who had me stuck for a few tries.

I don't think any boss in X-2 ever took me more than two tries though. Yuna's rapid fire attack was hella OP. Outside of just experimenting to see how the combat system worked, I don't think I ever had to switch jobs at all.

The whole game struck me as bubbly and stupid and having waaaay to much fanservice. Mind you, if it'd come out a year and a half earlier when I was still in my "horny idiot teenager" phase, i'd have fallen for it completely.

Ralin

#1025 Post by Ralin »

Losonti Tokash wrote:FF7 was pretty hard to my ten year old self, especially that demon wall in the ancient temple. Had me stuck for a week.
Like this, except it was the Living Wall in Final Fantasy 2/4