Share your favorite Star Wars memories

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Crazedwraith

Re: Share your favorite Star Wars memories

#451 Post by Crazedwraith »

Gands wrote:you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain
/nolansideaofsubtleforeshadowing
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RogueIce
#YOLO

#452 Post by RogueIce »

Well I was going to make a joke about the OT not being considered art and thus his statement didn't apply, but Gands sort of beat me out of the witty comeback race before I ever entered. :(

Dude

#453 Post by Dude »

Oh dear, the original cast is in 7. This ought to be good for a laugh.
-Aaron

Gands

#454 Post by Gands »

Yeah, that'll be... awkward. I can't imagine they'll be doing a whole lot aside from setting up the new lot of heroes.

Though I'd like to see Hammil do some actual acting. He was pretty good in Criminal Minds.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#455 Post by RogueIce »

Luke Skywalker's Son: "But I was going to Toschi station to pick up some power conv-erk!"

[Luke Skywalker Force Chokes his son, falls to Dark Side, primary plot of the Sequel Trilogy begins]

Gands

#456 Post by Gands »

"Star Wars VII: The SpaceApple Never Falls Far From the GalaxyTree"

joviwan

#457 Post by joviwan »

Vibro apple

Gands

#458 Post by Gands »

Did you know that eating vibroapples doubles the powers of Force users? I read it in a novel where an ordinary vibroapple farmer finds out he's actually really good at the Force. Through the power of vibroapples he defeats the similarly apple based bad force users.

Ralin

#459 Post by Ralin »

I kind of want to see novels about the Jedi off-shoot that uses forcefield shields in place of lightsabers from one of the Star Wars RPG books.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#460 Post by Darksi4190 »

I just love the fact that they tossed the EU to give themselves more creative freedom, and then went ahead and repeated what was arguably its biggest mistake by having the Big ThreeTM be around and doing important stuff despite being fucking geriatric.

I know the EU had its low points, but with Han, Luke, and Leia being pushed into the background with Crucible, I actually had hope for some interesting stories. Aside from Rebels, nothing that Disney is doing with the Star Wars brand is sparking my interest.

Stofsk

#461 Post by Stofsk »

You might as well get them involved, they're still alive and having a 'passing of the torch' theme can work wonders, if done right.

Which, given it's JJ Abrams and Disney... yeah I dunno.

Darksi4190

#462 Post by Darksi4190 »

I know it's a new creative team and all, but Star Wars doesn't have a good track record when it comes to letting those three bow out gracefully. They could do it well but I don't have high hopes.

I think that's what pissed me off the most about the whole Disney deal and the loss of the EU. They had finally done it. The big three were out of the limelight, and the story was going to shift to younger characters like Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Tahiri Veila who still had legitimate character arcs to fill out. That's something i've been waiting for since the end of the NJO, and right as it happens, the whole thing gets tossed out.

I'm not one of those shrieking lunatics who will swear off Star Wars forever (and then just buy all the new stuff anyways). Rebels looks interesting, I'll definitely go see the new movies when they come out, and the new DICE Battlefront game might be cool, but book wise? I think I'm done with SW.

Stofsk

#463 Post by Stofsk »

Well, as one of those shrieking lunatics I was done with SW years ago when Lucas refused to put the original trilogy on the blurays. I haven't felt a compelling reason to give a shit about this franchise for years.

Darksi4190

#464 Post by Darksi4190 »

Stofsk wrote:Well, as one of those shrieking lunatics I was done with SW years ago when Lucas refused to put the original trilogy on the blurays. I haven't felt a compelling reason to give a shit about this franchise for years.
I was mostly referring to the people who are so pissed off about the de-canonizing of the EU that they have "sworn off" Star Wars forever, but who will undoubtedly buy every single product Disney shits out.

Loosing interest in SW is something I'm familiar with. After the atrocity against literature that was the Legacy book series, I was about ready to give up on it too, then I started watching TCW and someone recommended Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor to me.

Veef

#465 Post by Veef »

I was mostly referring to the people who are so pissed off about the de-canonizing of the EU that they have "sworn off" Star Wars forever, but who will undoubtedly buy every single product Disney shits out.
sheeple nerds gonna sheep

people buy their warz cuz it's their nerd comfort food

also i hate to say it man but you got invested in the most disposable part of any franchise

i'm sure people into the SW marvel comics felt the same way 40 years ago

you have to go into it knowing you're not that important

Dude

#466 Post by Dude »

Any idea where they are gonna go with 7? The story was wrapped up neatly enough with ROTJ.

Maybe they'll kill them off.
-Aaron

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#467 Post by adr »

It might be a family sitcom in movie form about exactly how they lived happily hilariously ever after.

If the opening scroll says "STAR WARS is filmed in front of a live studio audience" i'll wet my pants
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

magic princess

#468 Post by magic princess »

I first knew Star Wars existed by buying the WEG sourcebook before I knew what roleplaying was... My parents didn't either so I got away with it. I then read the second of the Thrawn trilogy, then the third, finally got the first, then bought a bunch of sourcebooks. For me, the Star Wars I know isn't this Star Wars. But I also haven't bought a single Star Wars product since my ticket to see Revenge of the Sith in the theatre, and literally the only time since then I've done anything with it was dribs and drabs of fanfiction and a couple RPG sets with the old WEG books in my wife's company. I think people like me to some extent have just moved on... So while I don't really care for the new direction, I also don't really care period--more than what's required to write a single paragraph, anyhow.

Ralin

#469 Post by Ralin »

I think I've mentioned before that I got into Star Wars via the EU, but that's also the exact order I first read the Thrawn trilogy in too.

Veef

#471 Post by Veef »

http://thedissolve.com/news/2218-today- ... antilles-/

we'll never get to yub yub commander :failure:

Stofsk

#472 Post by Stofsk »

I am disappoint

RogueIce
#YOLO

#473 Post by RogueIce »

I can't blame him, considering all he did was sit in that cockpit set, say his lines and get jostled around a little.

Oh and he was in the ROTJ end scene too, I guess.

So unless they were going to have General Wedge Antilles, Galactic Badass play a larger role, I get where the dude is coming from. And I've heard he apparently wasn't a fan of working on SW anyway? That could just be Internet hearsay, though.

Ralin

#474 Post by Ralin »

RogueIce wrote:And I've heard he apparently wasn't a fan of working on SW anyway? That could just be Internet hearsay, though.
Way I hear it pretty much none of the actors was a fan of working on Star Wars. Lucas has this tendency to treat them like pieces of the set.

thejester

#475 Post by thejester »

holy shit the guy who plays wedge is now one of the cast of New Tricks

mind = blown