videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
F.J. Prefect, Esq

Re: videojuegos

#1076 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

I have been playing Dark Souls 2 recently

This game is genuinely really fascinating in how it makes success feel so good. When I first started playing I was getting my shit ruined by weak zombies and moved forward at an incredibly slow pace ... last night I beat two bosses in a single session, and I beat one of them first try. I felt like I had conquered the world :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1077 Post by RogueIce »

So, my US campaign in ETW goes...not well. The British declare war on me, and have a surprisingly large army running around in the Americas for some reason. I'm allied with the French but they're apparently doing nothing useful for me. So I lose one of the territories I got from the Indians to British attack, lose some trade routes, and need to make peace because I really can't win. Thus in exchange for a treaty I give back my other conquered Indian territory, so here it is in 1814 and I'm right back where I started, territory-wise. :(

Losonti Tokash

#1078 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Does that game let you play as First Nations?

Flagg

#1079 Post by Flagg »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Does that game let you play as First Nations?
Don't ask questions you already know the answer to. :oinkoink:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1080 Post by RogueIce »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Does that game let you play as First Nations?
There is the Warpath campaign, which does. Though it's limited as you only play in the Americas and can't access the other theaters.

It does start in 1783 so you can beat up on America proper rather than just a certain 13 British Colonies, if you want.

And for the record, those Native territories I took were because the Iroquois attacked me, not the other way around. I've actually been purely on the defensive in this campaign. Because Americans are good continental neighbors. :america:

Which is probably why the British were kicking my ass. :failure:

Crazedwraith

#1081 Post by Crazedwraith »

RogueIce wrote:Thus in exchange for a treaty I give back my other conquered Indian territory, so here it is in 1814 and I'm right back where I started, territory-wise. :(
Well that's the canonical ending of the 1812-1814 war? 'Status quo ante bellum'
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1082 Post by RogueIce »

Not quite, since I actually lost two of my pre-war territories. I'm lamenting being back to the original 13 Colonies/States. Sort of like if the US had lost the Louisiana Purchase and whatever other territory they gained between 1783 and 1812 to the British.

Dude

#1083 Post by Dude »

Just had a Kerbal come off his cockpit and fall 90,000m to his death. Finally have two satellites in orbit though.
-Aaron

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1084 Post by RogueIce »

Dude wrote:Just had a Kerbal come off his cockpit and fall 90,000m to his death. Finally have two satellites in orbit though.
If you want to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs. :smug:

Which is why in my next US campaign I am so invading the Native nations. Not because I want to, but because this is a TW game I sort of have to live by "invade or die" and I can't really take on Europe without expanding at home.

Also I'll implement some of my other lessons learned, like discovering I can only build a Modern University in my Capital Region which would have been fucking nice to know from in-game tool tips or the manual but I instead had to find out via Google. :argh:

F.J. Prefect, Esq

#1085 Post by F.J. Prefect, Esq »

Remember, KIA stands for 'kerbal is alright'

Dude

#1086 Post by Dude »

Well I now have a Kerbil in permanent orbit...in just his suit.
-Aaron

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1087 Post by Darksi4190 »

Dude wrote:Well I now have a Kerbil in permanent orbit...in just his suit.
That counts as progress.

Civil War Man

#1088 Post by Civil War Man »

The obvious solution to get him back down is to put a second Kerbal into orbit so they'll bump into each other. If that doesn't work, though, you may need to send a third.

Oxymoron

#1089 Post by Oxymoron »

No.

Dude

#1090 Post by Dude »

Civil War Man wrote:
The obvious solution to get him back down is to put a second Kerbal into orbit so they'll bump into each other. If that doesn't work, though, you may need to send a third.
I think I'll leave him as is. A memorial to the dangers of space exploration.
-Aaron

Dude

#1091 Post by Dude »

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ps4-154952

Thought you guys might be interested in this. The company is apparently Americas first game company owned by indigenous people and draws from their legends.
-Aaron

Losonti Tokash

#1092 Post by Losonti Tokash »

Man I love how excited you and Val are about that game :3

Dude

#1093 Post by Dude »

I think it's a great way to share their culture and legends without them being stolen by the usual suspects. And it's an easy way to show our kids, john is excited about it as well. The Arctic Fox helps. ;)

Being here has opened our eyes significantly, and it's helping me accept my own Nations ancestory.
-Aaron

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1094 Post by Big Orangutan »

Vasey wrote: I'd be more worried about the 360. Those early models, and I think only the early ones were cream, are held together by pritt stick and string. It will die on you.
I get the impression it's a late early cream model that was made soon after the complaints came in about the "ring of death" scandal, and while comparatively noisy with a disc in, it doesn't show signs of breaking down on me just yet. I also don't play it to death for sometimes months on end, no doubt extending it's life.

Also here's an interesting SD.Net thread on Xbone's Titanfall and while it confirms my belief that video games have reached a comfortable technological plateau in the past decade or so and become relatively creatively stagnant in terms of scenarios/plots/characters, with FPS blurring into each other for many, many years now, and I'll probably wait for at least two and half years until getting the XBone, this comment kind of got me:
TheFeniX wrote: Saint's Row 3 and 4 finally just went off the deep end to stave off the "poor-man's GTA" label and GTA hasn't been worth a shit since pre-GTA4. But the market had no room for two distinct GTA games, or so publishers would believe.
:hurfhurf: Some marvellous shit if Rockstar generated over a BILLION dollars in sales with GTA V in a terrifyingly small timeframe.
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Dude

#1095 Post by Dude »

Don't get an xbone. It's a giant pain in the ass.
-Aaron

joviwan

#1096 Post by joviwan »

I was given money for christmas/birthday last holiday for a console. I couldn't decide which one I wanted, and eventually got the PS4 for an entirely unsubstantiated rumor that dragons dogma 2 might come out for it instead of xbone.

If I had not been given the money, I would have gotten neither console. They both only have like 2 games still.

Veef

#1097 Post by Veef »

goat simulator keeps crashing when i start it up . _.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1098 Post by Darksi4190 »

Dude wrote:Don't get an xbone. It's a giant pain in the ass.
Having some buyers remorse? I was finally going to pick one up now that school's out and they're being offered without the kinect.

joviwan

#1099 Post by joviwan »

here is a review of all the PS4 games I've played:

Ass Creed 4: Good times

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition: It's exactly what you expect

Cod Ghosts: It's exactly the same fucking game as MW2 with worse character development

Killzone Shadowfall: Nice ideas that all poop themselves

Battlefield 4: still not Bad Company

evilsoup

#1100 Post by evilsoup »

I might get a PS4 if and when there is a sequel to The Last Of Us, otherwise blergh