Share your favorite Star Wars memories

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: Share your favorite Star Wars memories

#526 Post by Darksi4190 »

Kre'fey did alright I think. The battle for Coruscant was lost because of senate shenanigans perpetrated by viqi shesh. Sien Sovv was forced to direct the battle with the entire senate looking over his shoulder. He also allowed the Vong to get too close because they had ships full of hostages in front of their fleet.

Ralin

#527 Post by Ralin »

Darksi4190 wrote:I don't know why you think Garm and Wedge were "wimpy,"...t and the latter hopped in an X-wing and shot down two squadrons of coralskippers.
"Sir, we ran out of room on the X-Wing to paint all of your TIE Fighter kills. Do you want us to group them by squadron or flight wing?"

Crazedwraith

#528 Post by Crazedwraith »

Darksi4190 wrote:Kre'fey did alright I think. The battle for Coruscant was lost because of senate shenanigans perpetrated by viqi shesh. Sien Sovv was forced to direct the battle with the entire senate looking over his shoulder. He also allowed the Vong to get too close because they had ships full of hostages in front of their fleet.
They had three task forces, commanded by Wedge, Garm and Kre'fey. Wedge did a running assault from the rear that was supposed to pin the Vong force on Kre'frey and Garm's ships but the plan when to heck when the saw the refugee screen.

Kre'fey stopped firing on the Vong fleet but Garm continued, though trying not to hit the civillians ( and failing) People kept defecting from krefeys group to Garms and Sien Sovv tried to relief him of command. Fey'la on the other came down on Garm's side. Ordering Sovv to follow Garm's lead. Sovv and his followers objected. Political strife followed.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Veef

#529 Post by Veef »

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/140612

look at all this star wars

LOOK AT IT

RogueIce
#YOLO

#530 Post by RogueIce »

That Samurai Vader was pretty cool.

Darksi4190

#532 Post by Darksi4190 »

So the new Rebels trailer showcases an Imperial Security Bureau agent with absurd sideburns. They seem to be taking a lot of stuff from the old WEG material for this. Inquisitors, the ISB, and there have been hints that they'll show the Imperial army as a separate branch to the Stormtrooper corps.

It's ironic, Filoni's creative team used to be the ones completely shitting on the EU, now they're the only ones keeping any element of it alive.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#533 Post by RogueIce »

Filoni is not the hero the EU needs, but the one it deserves.

Crazedwraith

#534 Post by Crazedwraith »

sounds like he lived long enough to see himself a hero, rather than died as a villian

RogueIce
#YOLO

#535 Post by RogueIce »

"A New Dawn" Excerpt

I haven't had the chance to go through it yet, but it looks like the first 70 pages of the first book from the new EU has been released.

Darksi4190

#536 Post by Darksi4190 »

So apparently they're making a novel that focuses on Quinlan Vos and Assaj Ventress based on unused TCW material, to be written by Christie Golden.

I'm really "meh" on the whole thing. I didn't care much for her FotJ novels, and I really don't like Vos' portrayal in TCW. In the Republic comics, Quinlan is a darker and more serious character with an arc that sees him brush very close with the dark side before pulling himself back to the light, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. In TCW he's a sarcastic beach bum who jokes around and actually quotes "the dude" from the big lebowski. It was one of those situations where the TCW creative team thought they were throwing a bone to EU fans by including a character we like, but were actually spitting in our faces by making him so different he might as well have been an OC.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#537 Post by RogueIce »

Bleh. That whole "I dance with the Dark Side because I'm so edgy" thing is lame. And he did fall, even killed some people for Dooku, but it was totally cool and they let him back into the Jedi order.

Jettisoning that is not a bad thing, IMO. Also while browsing Wikipedia I came across a reference to the Zann Consortium and holy crap I had almost forgotten how stupidly wanked they were and I was once again reminded that the Great EU Purge was long overdue.

Crazedwraith

#538 Post by Crazedwraith »

Did the Zaan Consortium ever appear outside that one video game?

Darksi4190

#539 Post by Darksi4190 »

Not to my knowledge.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#540 Post by RogueIce »

According to Wookieepedia they get a "Mentioned Only" in Millennium Falcon so not completely. There's also a bunch of sources to the various Encyclopedias and similar things so I guess they'd be in those as well.

Crazedwraith

#541 Post by Crazedwraith »

Yeah well creating a third 'side' for a star wars RTS game was undeniably stupid. But the 'wanked out' factor to me seems like it'd be game balance more than anything. And its not like the EU took the concept and ran with it in real things like novel story lines.

It's not like Travis claiming the mandalorians had equal significance to the sith and jedi or something.

Darksi4190

#542 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I saw the preview for Star Wars: Rebels. Sadly it looks as though this show will continue every trend I despised about TCW. Pathetically incompetent villains, mooks missing shots a ten year old with down's syndrome could make, and utterly half assed attempts at humor. TCW only rarely managed to rise above these downsides in its early seasons, and i'm expecting the same from Rebels. I only hope the creative team doesn't take another three years to get its shit together.

At the end of the day Rebels is going to be like seasons 1-3 of TCW. Its Star Wars for kids, which is fine, except i'm not a kid anymore. the more advanced and mature plotlines of Ep III and the EU were what drew my attention, and those appear to have gone away with the Disney sale.

Dude

#543 Post by Dude »

Whatever happened to that live action series we were promised years back?

The one the flannel one said he'd make with his own money and go direct to video if he had to?
-Aaron

Darksi4190

#544 Post by Darksi4190 »

Supposedly it ended up being too expensive, to the tune of around 50$ million an episode.

Which was solely because Lucas was not willing to scale the effects down to a reasonable T.V. budget. So that never came to pass. Now the two aspects of the Star Wars franchise actually geared towards adult fans, the novel continuity and the Dark Horse comics, have been killed off, and we're left with the occasional bone the cartoons throw us.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#545 Post by RogueIce »

The novels could still be plenty mature or whatever under Disney. They'll just be telling a new story is all.

And I'm going to give Rebels some time. We saw like seven minutes of the pilot episode. That's not enough to judge a series on, like at all.

Stofsk

#546 Post by Stofsk »

Darksi4190 wrote:Supposedly it ended up being too expensive, to the tune of around 50$ million an episode.

Which was solely because Lucas was not willing to scale the effects down to a reasonable T.V. budget. So that never came to pass.
I remain sceptical it was ever a serious project. I haven't seen any proof to disabuse me of that notion, and until proven otherwise I'll just go with my theory that Lucas was then, and now, full of shit.

thejester

#547 Post by thejester »

I went past where Hoth was filmed today.

timmy

#548 Post by timmy »

In an effort to find out where Jester flew over(Norway) I also discovered that this guy:

Or 'Deck Officer!' as Han bellows at him, was played by John fucking Ratzenberger, which I hadn't known about before. Heh.
Last edited by timmy on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

thejester

#549 Post by thejester »

Who said anything about planes young man

I can highly recommend the Oslo-Bergen railway

Ralin

#550 Post by Ralin »

Stofsk wrote:
Darksi4190 wrote:Supposedly it ended up being too expensive, to the tune of around 50$ million an episode.

Which was solely because Lucas was not willing to scale the effects down to a reasonable T.V. budget. So that never came to pass.
I remain sceptical it was ever a serious project. I haven't seen any proof to disabuse me of that notion, and until proven otherwise I'll just go with my theory that Lucas was then, and now, full of shit.
If only he hadn't donated that four billion dollars to charity : /