videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
thejester

Re: videojuegos

#1226 Post by thejester »

Yeah, it lets you do some pretty crazy stuff.

Oxymoron

#1227 Post by Oxymoron »

Okay, you know what, I think I may give up on the Supreme Ruler series.

In "Supreme Ruler 1936", playing as France, starting in 1936, I've by myself steamrolled Germany, Italy (with its lybian and erythrean colony, plus rhodes) and Spain (currently mopping up the remains of its african colonies).

We're currently in 1938.

I'm going to continue that game for the hell of it. Next targets, in order are Austria, Bulgaria, Romania, the USSR and then Japan.

Final goal is world conquest before 1965.

If I manage it... Well, what else is there going to be for me to do with that game?
No.

joviwan

#1228 Post by joviwan »

Far Cry 3 really had some great FPS gameplay. The story was fuckled sideways but the actual game is pretty good.

Oxymoron

#1229 Post by Oxymoron »

The Sims 2 complete edition was one the "free games of the moment" on Origin the other day. Took it, installed the whopping 12 GB of it one night.

Played it just now.

Now I remember why I had donated my old copy to my sister. This game's dogshit.

So, okay, it's the Sims 2, the game is almost 10 years old, and they're going to release the 4th installment of the game in a few months.

Still. For starter, the game's max resolution is 1600x900. When playing on a native 1080p screen, this make it actually kinda painful to look at the outdated graphics.

I can forgive that if the gameplay is there. So I launch a new game.

Character creation, yay! Wait... what do you mean I have to assign every personnality points? Why can't I make a grumpy asocial recluse with doubtful personal hygiene and no drive to actually get shit done? INFAMY!

Well, okay then, let's the closest thing... So that puts it as a Cancer, then? *looks at own zodiac sign* I feel kind of insulted, you know?

Anyway, let's put that wretch in a mobile home for starter.

Game crash. Oh fuck you too!

I was tempted to try the Sims 4, as a casual game to play when I'm bored, but this above plus the fact its an EA game, I'm not so sure anymore...
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1230 Post by RogueIce »

I only had issues with The Sims 2 because of that DRM bullshit. I'm rather hoping that won't be the case with this complete edition but I've been holding off on installing Origin anyway.

I enjoyed the game, even if some of the mechanics were annoying (stupid time displacement making Community Lots totally screw up my Sim's sleep/eat cycles! :argh: ) but on the whole it's still fun to me.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1231 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Guillermo Del Toro and Hideo Kojima are working on the new Silent Hill. It's guaranteed to be good.

timmy

#1232 Post by timmy »

So after the kids being into me about it for a year I caved in a month or so back and bought Minecraft for them. Only holy shit, I got sucked in too. Once you've built a stone cottage, you want to build a bigger one, then you want to build a seaside mansion, then you want to start a city, and it just keeps going. Anyone who's spent more than five minutes playing it knows what I'm saying.

The two elder kids and I share a character in survival mode and we've been working a single chunk. Rules were laid down about the use of pooled resources and zoning - bad form to build within sight of someone else's property without asking, for example. They got into farming, I got into searching caves for rare resources and stockpiling them. Recently I found a wolf and domesticated it, and the kids said we should try tame an ocelot. Thing is, ocelots are hard as fuck to find, so I hit up youtube to see if there were any helpful hints.

The general consensus? Burn the fucking jungle down. Apparently utterly destroying its habitat is the best way to get your hands on one. I found that quite shocking.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1233 Post by Darksi4190 »

So I finished dead space 3 and the awakened dlc. It ends on a massive cliffhanger, which sucks since it didn't sell well enough for EA to greenlight a final instalment.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1234 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Starcraft 2, yay or nay? It's cheap.

Stofsk

#1235 Post by Stofsk »

Do you have any interest in multiplayer?

Agent Bert Macklin

#1236 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Stofsk wrote:Do you have any interest in multiplayer?
I do. That's the selling point for me. I really enjoyed my years with Starcraft.

Stofsk

#1237 Post by Stofsk »

Then go nuts. It's a very tight multiplayer game. I don't know what the metagame is like nowadays since I haven't played it in years though.

Darksi4190

#1238 Post by Darksi4190 »

I don't do multi, but I'll prolly get the last expansion to see how the trainwreck finally ends. I still had some interest in the storyline after WoL, bu after HotS? Forget it.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1239 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:I don't do multi, but I'll prolly get the last expansion to see how the trainwreck finally ends. I still had some interest in the storyline after WoL, bu after HotS? Forget it.
I'll just wait for Unhappy Anchovy to tear it a new one rather than spend my hard-earned money. :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1240 Post by RogueIce »

God damn it Fable Anniversary quit with the gigantic multi-gig updates already, I don't have unlimited HD space on my laptop *smirk*

Oxymoron

#1241 Post by Oxymoron »

Who here has played "Remember Me"?

Started playing it. Interesting aesthetic, at least. Gameplay-wise, it's fast-paced combo-based combat so far (15-20 minutes in).

I suppose you could compare it to Metal Gear Rising Revengeances, with fistfighting instead of swordfighting? I dunno. It's a Capcom game.
No.

joviwan

#1242 Post by joviwan »

I played it about 4 hours, according to Steam.

It was kind of neat, but the really cool stuff came way to few and far between, and the game clearly suffered from its trouble development history. I never got around to finishing it.

Oxymoron

#1243 Post by Oxymoron »

I feel the game may play better with a controller instead of keyboard + mouse.
No.

joviwan

#1244 Post by joviwan »

All brawlers are.

Civil War Man

#1245 Post by Civil War Man »

So this weekend I played through Valiant Hearts. I consider it a very fitting memorial for WWI, since it depicts the whole ordeal as a never-ending horror show where millions of people died completely pointless deaths. I actually find it kind of insulting when people try to find some kind of meaning behind it all, because I think trying to attribute some kind of higher cause to it only serves to let them convince themselves that the war was somehow worth the costs.

Kryten

#1246 Post by Kryten »

Rather disappointing to see complete focus on the western front, though. Gallipoli and the ME campaigns come up every so often, but somebody without a major interest in history could be forgiven for not knowing there even was an eastern front.

Civil War Man

#1247 Post by Civil War Man »

Yeah, it would have been nice to see more, but I can see why they focused on the western front. It would have stretched the game a bit thin to try to stretch the story to cover every single theater. Plus, it was made by a French developer and all. :frogs:

I wouldn't mind seeing them do additional stories in the same vein, though, to cover the other fronts in the same level of detail.

joviwan

#1248 Post by joviwan »

been playin' wasteland 2.

followed a tortoise for 30 minutes.

Game rewarded me for it.

10/10 goty

joviwan

#1249 Post by joviwan »

status update on my PS4

I sent it in to sony for repair to try and fix the problem I have (the screen goes black or flashes, makes system completely unusable, happens on all monitors/cables I've tried it with).

Three and a half weeks later, the system has arrived back at my house.

Plugged it in, problem came back in 5 minutes.

Don't even know why I bothered

Darksi4190

#1250 Post by Darksi4190 »

So i'm going through and beating all my old N64 games one last time before I either throw the system away or sell it on Ebay. So far i've completed Starfox 64, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Star Wars: Battle For Naboo, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Rampage World Tour, The World Is Not Enough, and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.

left to complete:

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Robotron 64, Super Mario 64, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.