videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Oxymoron

Re: videojuegos

#1276 Post by Oxymoron »

Oxymoron wrote:Going through my steam library, I discovered I have some games twice.

So here's what I have, if some people are interested:
- GTA 3
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
Bad new. Steam won't allow me to gift them. Fuckers.

I hope they get legally forced to allow people to resell "used" games soon. There are so many games I have earned through bundles I literally don't care about and / or have never played. I estimate I could get back at least €350-400 from that.
No.

Ralin

#1277 Post by Ralin »

Oxymoron wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:Going through my steam library, I discovered I have some games twice.

- GTA 3
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas

I hope they get legally forced to allow people to resell "used" games soon. There are so many games I have earned through bundles I literally don't care about and / or have never played. I estimate I could get back at least €350-400 from that.
I thought I remembered reading something about them or some similar company being ordered to do just that. Wasn't sure how it would work, but I'm not that into gaming anymore so maybe it's obvious.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1278 Post by RogueIce »

Ralin wrote:
Oxymoron wrote:

- GTA 3
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas

I thought I remembered reading something about them or some similar company being ordered to do just that. Wasn't sure how it would work, but I'm not that into gaming anymore so maybe it's obvious.
Apparently not

Granted that was back in February, so maybe something came along later. But it looks like videogames are exempt from that Usedsoft v Oracle ruling, at least for now.

Oxymoron

#1279 Post by Oxymoron »

I really want to get Civilization: Beyond Earth, but considering it came out only, like, two or three days ago, I need to know:

How broken / unplayable is it as of now?

Just to know if I can further my fix now at the cost of gnawing a bit more at my bank account, or if I need to / can wait a month or two more?
No.

Kryten

#1280 Post by Kryten »

Some of the quests have broken triggers, and in a few cases specific buildings won't be buildable in a city for no apparent reason, but that's all I've seen. It doesn't CTD or anything like that, and it runs considerably better then Civ V, possibly because the useless 3d backgrounds for the leaders have been removed.

Apparently there are major issues with multiplayer, including diplomatic AI straight-up not working, but I only play SP.

Oxymoron

#1281 Post by Oxymoron »

I suppose most of it should be fixed in a month or two...

Yeah, I think I'll wait a bit before getting it. If only because my wallet is starting to get angsty.

Thanks for the answer.
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1282 Post by RogueIce »

Oxymoron wrote:I suppose most of it should be fixed in a month or two...

Yeah, I think I'll wait a bit before getting it. If only because my wallet is starting to get angsty.

Thanks for the answer.
Another reason to wait is of course the inevitable DLCs and Expansions and so on. Which will probably get all bundled at some point and then you can just buy the Complete Edition during a Steam sale and save.

Stofsk

#1283 Post by Stofsk »

I won't buy BE until the inevitable two expansion packs fix everything and complete the game :v

Oxymoron

#1284 Post by Oxymoron »

Weak willed as I am, I bought it today :v

Installing it right now.

And I say, fuck it. Given the number of hours I've spent on each Civ game since Civ 3, I'm not going regret giving Firaxis a bit of my money.

Edit: dude, if I bought a boxed version, it's in order not to have to spend too much time downloading the game. So why do you insist on wanting to download the last 700 MB from Steam?
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1285 Post by RogueIce »

Probably patches. Or DRM because fuck you legitimate consumers. :v

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1286 Post by RogueIce »

Anyway in other news X-WING and TIE FIGHTER are now available on GOG for ten bucks each. HELLS YEAH :flagg:

Of course if Stark were here he'd be telling us how terrible space sims were and they should remain dead and so on and I'm sure someone will pick up that torch but I don't care because

ALPHA 1 FLIES AGAIN

Image = = = = Image

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1287 Post by Darksi4190 »

*Dons X-wing Helmet*

Not if I shoot him the fuck down. c'mon XvT. Gimme Vs. Multi!

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1288 Post by RogueIce »

You Rebel scum. :argh:

Stofsk

#1289 Post by Stofsk »

I think I actually have those games on CD somewhere

Ralin

#1290 Post by Ralin »

I should get around to finishing Super Lesbian Horse RPG sometime.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1291 Post by Darksi4190 »

Ralin wrote:I should get around to finishing Super Lesbian Horse RPG sometime.
The fuck?

Ralin

#1292 Post by Ralin »

Darksi4190 wrote:
The fuck?
http://www.equestriagaming.com/2013/12/ ... eased.html

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1293 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:
The fuck?
1) Are you really surprised by Ralin's antics after all this time?

2) I did read the review they did, and I guess it's basically a RPG with a weird title mostly meant to create a reaction than an accurate description. But maybe there is a lot of shipping I don't know. Allegedly it's SFW.

evilsoup

#1294 Post by evilsoup »

why would the existence of lesbians imply that it would be NSFW :colbert:

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1295 Post by RogueIce »

Because the article says the creator has insisted it's SFW so apparently there was question about it. And I never said anything about lesbians.

evilsoup

#1296 Post by evilsoup »

*smirk*
You've beaten me at my own game.

Stofsk

#1297 Post by Stofsk »

:ice:

Manus Dei

#1298 Post by Manus Dei »

Oxymoron wrote:- Dead Money: interesting but you may often find yourself frustrated by the sheer level of hardcore-ness that the enemies AND the envirronment subjects you to.
- Honest Hearts: there's a lot of open environment to explore, and there's a few interesting subplot, but if you're not interested in resolving the Burning Man's plotline, there isn't much. Still good overall.
- Old World Blues: probably my favorite DLC. Filled with completely whacked-out weird science, and ties together a number of different plotlines from the Mojave Wasteland.
- Lonesome Road: excluding the game's final with the second battle of Hoover Dam, this is the culmination of the Courier's personal arc. Expect some exposition.
dead money is a bunch of good writing, interesting branching decision trees and cool dialogue interspersed with some of the worst combat, environments and puzzles in the franchise

Each time I play through New Vegas I want to do it again to see what happens from all the different choices but it's too painful to bother again after the first time
Ralin wrote:Finally I realized that when Walker fights the Satanic ponies I need to mention how his 'lower horn' is glowing and sparkling as it draws in and focuses Equestria's ambient magic.

timmy

#1299 Post by timmy »

PAX today was good fun. Turned up with Chris and Anders; Chris was cosplaying as an off-duty N7 trooper, Anders as an IT consultant on holidays, and myself, initially, as this.

The intention was a generic zombie apocalypse survivor, but it got no love. One person actually thought I was 'doing Duck Dynasty'. Eventually though, I came across some like-minded individuals.

Not long after that I changed into my second costume for the day, my Ghostbusters suit, minus proton pack(in pieces at the moment). Even without the pack, the amount of love for the costume was amazing. Met up with two other GB fans that I'd only known via facebook previously, and we wound up walking around Melbourne in our kit. I don't have a photo of this, but six degrees of separation says that I'll pop up in your feeds, because apparently every tenth person in Melbourne thought that a picture of three guys in costume was all they needed to make their Sunday afternoon perfect. We even recorded a birthday message for someone.

Can't wait for the next event.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Stofsk

#1300 Post by Stofsk »

Man, if I was cosplaying an off-duty N7 operative I must have been off duty for a long time to get as fat as I am :v