videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Dude

Re: videojuegos

#1326 Post by Dude »

I'm not sure it'll work with my current Internet setup, but if you bought a PS4 then we can try. I should be DudeofMetro on the psn.
-Aaron

Losonti Tokash

#1327 Post by Losonti Tokash »

well shit

Big Orangutan
Hipster

#1328 Post by Big Orangutan »

I now really wished game discs (and DVDs/Blu Rays) from the last 15 to 20 years came in clear plastic cartridge housing similar to the ones for the 1990s MiniDiscs, dramatically increasing their robustness and longevity, making them more genuinely suitable for the second hand games market and libraries. But no, the dullards running the entertainment and gaming industry wanted save on production cost and ship relatively fragile data packets that are expendable and replaceable (with second hand games discs seemingly getting fucked by constant playing and handling in five years flat - it's the companys' fault that their physical media got eaten into by ripping, streaming and downloading).
*Insert Pretentious Quote Here*

Crazedwraith

#1329 Post by Crazedwraith »

So despite never having finished the first game on my laptop. I got Mass Effect 2 for my PS3 the other day. Which is okay. Aside from the fact, that all the fricken writing is too small to read on the old preHD telly my playstation is hooked up to. So I can barely tell what the hell the dialogue options are with my eyes pressed to the screen.

Managed to recruit Archangel/Garrus though. I wonder was i supposed to be able to thin the herd of mercs before the onslaught? Because the only opportunity for a renegade thing by the gunship I avoided since I'm vaguely being paragon. (Are the paragon and renegade scores tracked separately or is it either/or like force sides?)

--

The other thing I play alot is Captain Forever which is a game that not only makes me rage quit but success quit. w00t I killed something and there are far too many parts there to bother try to reconstruct my ship *quit*.

--

So yeah I am so behind the times it ain't even funny.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Dude

#1330 Post by Dude »

You can hack some bots and sabotage the gunship but it doesn't cut down on the Mercs iirc.

I think the good/evil system is a scale, like the force.
-Aaron

Crazedwraith

#1331 Post by Crazedwraith »

Oh cool! Thanks for the info.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1332 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

WHAT THE HELL?! Capcom is releasing an HD master of the 2002 Resident Evil remake. That's a reason to get a PS4 right there.

Stofsk

#1333 Post by Stofsk »

Crazedwraith wrote:So despite never having finished the first game on my laptop. I got Mass Effect 2 for my PS3 the other day. Which is okay. Aside from the fact, that all the fricken writing is too small to read on the old preHD telly my playstation is hooked up to. So I can barely tell what the hell the dialogue options are with my eyes pressed to the screen.

Managed to recruit Archangel/Garrus though. I wonder was i supposed to be able to thin the herd of mercs before the onslaught? Because the only opportunity for a renegade thing by the gunship I avoided since I'm vaguely being paragon. (Are the paragon and renegade scores tracked separately or is it either/or like force sides?)
The renegade interrupt by the gunship kills Sgt Cathca, who's repairing the gunship. Doing so weakens it when it reappears during the latter stage of the Archangel recruitment mission, so it really is worth it. Doing the occasional (or more) renegade interrupt or decision won't drastically affect your paragon score, since both are tracked separately. It is not like the Force sides in KotOR.

The renegade/paragon system in ME2 is different than what it was in ME1. The big renegade and paragon decisions require you to have selected a majority of renegade or paragon points up until that point, but the game doesn't provide you that information, so it's very counterintuitive. It's one of the reasons why certain LMs should be done ASAP, and why you should consider the rank 4 class talent evolution that gives you +100% paragon/renegade score rather than the other evolution that only provides +70%. For example, if you're playing a soldier there's a talent called Combat Mastery, which if you get it up to level 4 has a choice between Commando and Shocktrooper. Shocktrooper is the one with +100% to paragon/renegade. But Commando has the better combat stats. So if you knew what you were doing you'd respec before a certain mission to Shocktrooper to get that extra bit of paragon and renegade score to make a crucial decision at the end. It helps to always make a save before a mission even starts, so that if you find your score isn't high enough, you can reload and perform a respec and play the mission again. Or you can just go with the evolution that gives the greater bonus, since the extra combat stats is only really necessary on Hardcore/Insanity.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1334 Post by Darksi4190 »

So have any of you guys tried Alien: Isolation?

Dude

#1335 Post by Dude »

Yup.

Unless your a fan of the universes aesthetic don't bother. The alien is fairly cartoonish and its AI is terrible. It often acts like a patrolling guard for example.

At the very least wait for it to drop in price. It's not worth 70$
-Aaron

Stofsk

#1336 Post by Stofsk »

^This. I was super interested in this game and then it came out and it's essentially a door opening simulator. Seriously don't bother.

Oxymoron

#1337 Post by Oxymoron »

Stofsk wrote:door opening simulator
relevant?
No.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1338 Post by RogueIce »

Speaking of simulators, does anyone know why Goat Simulator is apparently super popular on Steam?

joviwan

#1339 Post by joviwan »

Have you watched any videos? Because that should tell you everything you need to know.

xon

#1340 Post by xon »

Stofsk wrote:^This. I was super interested in this game and then it came out and it's essentially a door opening simulator. Seriously don't bother.
I saw a bunch of people rave about it, and all I could see out of it was a thematically okish waiting simulator while you wait for the invincible plot device to move away so you can move to the next place to wait for the invincible plot device to move away from.

Stofsk

#1341 Post by Stofsk »

I've heard that it wouldn't be (as much of) a problem if the narrative were a tight 4-8 hr story, but the door opening shit and the stuff you mention like hiding behind a table while the alien goes 'lol where are you' pushes it in the territory of 16+ hrs.

Dude

#1342 Post by Dude »

I didn't even finish. I found the flight recorder and no way was I going to do 12 more hours.
-Aaron

Civil War Man

#1343 Post by Civil War Man »

RogueIce wrote:Speaking of simulators, does anyone know why Goat Simulator is apparently super popular on Steam?
Probably the same reason there appears to be one for I Am Bread. It is a ridiculous concept that revels in its ridiculousness. You can't really claim that a game that allows you to play as a microwave with legs takes itself too seriously.

thejester

#1344 Post by thejester »

so this is a p. interesting video about the use of game mechanics as a way to set the tone of a game, uses FC2 and FC4 as examples

http://kotaku.com/why-far-cry-2-and-4-f ... 1677825187

timmy

#1345 Post by timmy »

That's a great video and two good examples. It's kind of like the tacticool creep in the Call of Duty series which gradually(or suddenly, depending how you feel) robbed the games of their immersion.
"also it really shits my mum so it's a good way of winding her up"

-thejester

Darksi4190

#1346 Post by Darksi4190 »

Just FYI, I picked up an XBOX ONE and BF4 if anyone's still playing it. Once I finish up a couple mor backlog games I'm gonna get TitanFall too.

Crazedwraith

#1347 Post by Crazedwraith »

So on the whole I actually enjoyed ME2, enough that I quickly restarted to play as male (which is a much inferior voice) but then new job and much reduced time/inclination to play.

Still I thought I'd indulge myself and get the Trilogy pack for the PS3 new, so as to get all the dlc. But apparently its one of those came that stocks have completely disappeared off. And I'd to import it from America. (and reports vary as if the dlc would even work then) For3 the price of a bran new game and possible customs charges on top of it.

So... blah.

Stofsk

#1348 Post by Stofsk »

I'd recommend playing on PC if you can and modding the games with high-res texture packs. However if that doesn't matter to you then get it on PS3.

Also, Mark Meer is so underrated.

Losonti Tokash

#1349 Post by Losonti Tokash »

i am pretty sure the trilogy pack does not include any dlc for 3 except the free stuff

the ps3 version gets a big chunk of the me2 dlc for free though but nobody else which is pretty annoying

Darksi4190

#1350 Post by Darksi4190 »

Is anyone still playing ME3 multiplayer?