videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Stofsk

Re: videojuegos

#1351 Post by Stofsk »

I would imagine so, but it's been ages since I've gone into the MP.

You can solo bronze, so you'll always be able to increase readiness.

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#1352 Post by Darksi4190 »

Anyone up for some BF4 tomorrow? It's my day off.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1353 Post by RogueIce »

So much nostalgia, playing XvT again. :3

Darksi4190

#1354 Post by Darksi4190 »

Is the multi working?

Also does it have BoP?

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1355 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:Is the multi working?
Haven't tried.
Darksi4190 wrote:Also does it have BoP?
Yes.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1356 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Just bought a Ps4 and I have The Last of Us, The Evil Within, and Resident Evil HD. I eed some recs. What else should I play?

Dude

#1357 Post by Dude »

There's not much out for it yet, Minecraft maybe?

I've gotten a lot of mileage from the new Dragon Age.
-Aaron

Agent Bert Macklin

#1358 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I think I recall someone here recommending Tomb Radier, which I bought today. I am really looking forward to the new Silent Hill game and Uncharted 4. Those are two reasons why I bought the thing.

Also, the PS4's UI is pretty nice. I like it far more than the PS3's.

Darksi4190

#1359 Post by Darksi4190 »

So tomorrow's my day off. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day of gaming. Let's see which game is next on the list. Oh, it's that one I got for free from XBOX Live. What's it called again? Dark Souls?

Stofsk

#1360 Post by Stofsk »

Stofsk wrote:I would imagine so, but it's been ages since I've gone into the MP.

You can solo bronze, so you'll always be able to increase readiness.
Welp, MP is still around and still fun.

>:3

#1361 Post by >:3 »

>:3

Oxymoron

#1362 Post by Oxymoron »

I think y'all may want to play this game

It's like a dating sim, but better and without the romance.

Here's the result of my first playthrough:
First play-through, and I think I may have unlocked the Golden Path without paying too much attention to it:
Chapter 1

On the day you first built Al, you awoke from a dream about a robot companion to head to the lab. Your graduate school advisor pressured you to make Al more acceptable to the military. After some back and forth, you ended up making a metal bipedal robot with a masked head and humanoid hands.

Then you went back to your place to teach Al some words.

Chapter 2

The next day, you hooked up Al's cell phone batteries and demoed for Elly. You then spent the afternoon trying to teach science to a bunch of kids with Elly.

As months passed, you became busy teaching Al about the world through high school textbooks and taking rhim to the dump. Your funding from the NSF kept you in Professor Ziegler's good graces during this time.

In time, Mark Ali, a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle, heard about Al and asked for an interview. You agreed.

Chapter 3

You gave Mark an interview, and allowed Mark to come back to your place to interview Al. Mark invited you to his place to try to get to know you better. There, you found that drones often harassed Mark because various automated algorithms had marked him as suspicious.

Mark wrote an article that was generally positive about you and Al. When Professor Ziegler found out about the article, he was very displeased, but decided that the most effective way to get you out of his hair was to let you graduate.

Mark's article also attracted the attention of one "robotObsession1987," known in real life as Silas Cooper. When you met up over coffee, he told you that he used to do classified robotics work for a government lab, but left because he couldn't tell what nefarious purpose the technology would be used for.

That Saturday, Elly asked you to stay out of the limelight a little more often. You managed to smooth things over, but it felt like a dangerous point in your relationship.

A month or so later, you received your doctorate. Shortly thereafter, your father passed away. You resolved then to work on better medical technology that could save people like your father in the future.

You decided the best way to change the world was to start a business, which you named Intelligent Design. Elly and Silas had already volunteered to be your first employees.

Chapter 4

Your first potential client for Intelligent Design was Galen Medical, a surgical equipment company. They were happy with the state of your technology, and gave you a contract that allowed you to purchase a factory. That allowed you to build a robot factory in Alaska. You hired an all-human workforce as a gesture to the local community. When you finally shipped robots to Galen Medical, they were pleased with the robots you delivered. Your business suffered a blow when Chinese companies, aided by Chinese government hackers, began to steal your technology. Eventually, Intelligent Design went broke, and you were forced in bankruptcy to sell all your assets.

Unemployment seemed to be common in the United States, and it seemed people tended to blame either robots or China. Riding on both of these sentiments, Jacqueline Irons won the presidency. After President Irons enacted a series of protectionist tariffs to keep out Chinese robots, Sino-American relations steadily worsened. Your unemployment just happened to put you in the right place at the right time to stop the assassination of the Chinese Prime Minister.

Chapter 5

The nation enjoyed an unprecedented era of prosperity, driven by the cooperation of the United States and China in sharing their robot technology. Congratulations!

Chapter 6A

As robots took over more and more roles, many people felt increasingly displaced and alienated. Josh was being pressured to step down from his company. Mark was contemplating suicide after he finished his book about you, since most nonfiction work was now being done by robots. (Luckily, you talked him out of it.)

But not everybody was sad in this new world: Elly seemed to be perfectly content to take advantage of the robots' utopia to create art. Juliet was busy fighting crime as "the Crusader." (You even joined her as a sidekick.) Silas was excitedly anticipating the Singularity that would make everyone immortal, which he believed was right around the corner. The Church of the Enlightened Al was gaining adherents as people turned to robots to solve all their problems.

On the whole, you thought the world of robots was pretty good, and decided to leave the robots in charge.

Chapter 7

In 2049, you went to Surprise, Arizona to surprise your mother with a gift for the holidays. You learned it was your surgical technology that had kept her alive this long. On returning to San Francisco, you had a brief stroke, followed by a vision of a robot companion -- the same one you saw thirty years before. In the hospital, the doctor told you you had Algernon's Disease, a rare disease that increased your intelligence, but came at the price of increasing seizures, comas, and possibly, death.

Instead of undergoing surgery, you chose to create a robot body for yourself. With your robot self pursuing all of your ambitious plans for you, you finally had time to relax and enjoy your relationship with Elly, and you lived happily ever after.
Things that aren't mentioned in there:

Al is the one in control of all the robots in the world, but given rhis low autonomy score (8) and Singular empathy score (45), he's content doing basically nothing of that. Also he was the one who selflessly saved the Chinese Prime Minister on that fateful day.

And I headcanon that my robot-self is going to work on increasing the robots autonomy and more generally continue to work toward the greater good.

Final stats:
Year: 2049

54-year-old Dr. Catherine Doniec
Humanity: 92%
Fame: 23 (Prominent in History Textbooks)
Wealth: 16 (Billionaire)
Romance: Married to Elly

Al
Autonomy: 8 (In Beta)
Military: 9 (In Beta)
Empathy: 45 (Singular)
Grace: 31 (Transhuman)

Relationships
Professor Ziegler (Great): 81%
Elly (Great): 77%
Josh (Very Good): 70%
Mark (Very Good): 66%
Juliet (Great): 71%
Silas (Great): 80%
?: 50%
?: 50%

World Power Balance
China: 57%
America: 43%

So I suppose next play-through I'm going to go full on Spark and do some Mad Science!
No.

Darksi4190

#1363 Post by Darksi4190 »

So Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is actually really fucking awesome.

It seems like everybody except Infinity Ward is willing to try new stuff out with CoD.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1364 Post by RogueIce »

Darksi4190 wrote:So Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is actually really fucking awesome.

It seems like everybody except Infinity Ward is willing to try new stuff out with CoD.
Are they the Modern Warfare ones, or the other group that does CoD games?

And really man what's up with that? I can't keep straight who does what in CoD anymore.

Darksi4190

#1365 Post by Darksi4190 »

Infinity Ward did modern warfare, then Ghosts. Treyarch does Black Ops. Advanced Warfare is done by Sledgehammer games, and I think this is their first CoD.

I thought ghosts was enjoyable, but it very much fell into the mold of "same old CoD shit," which was a let-down after Blops 2 tried new things.

Advanced Warfare is a step in the right direction though, with the exo-suits offering better mobility and adding depth to the gameplay.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1366 Post by adr »

i HATED ghosts it was the worst

blops2 is pretty good

AW is ok. better than ghosts but not as good as blops 2. the jumping mobility thing is kinda cool but the rest of the game... kinda meh. they clearly were more inspired by blops2 than by ghosts though which is good, they could see where there was more success.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190

#1367 Post by Darksi4190 »

adr wrote:i HATED ghosts it was the worst
Did you just play single and multi, or did you give Extinction a shot? That's where most of the fun is as far as Ghosts is concerned.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1368 Post by adr »

I just played the multiplayer. My friend still has it, maybe i'll try the extinction some day.
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Crazedwraith

#1369 Post by Crazedwraith »

me3 changed things and i dislike it. I've not even got that far with it. i don't want to have to care how heavy the stuff i carry is. The team mates are pretty dull and don't seem to have much to say. and the alliance techs thought it was a great idea to turn off half the lights and put red bulbs in all the others.

And if you'd stop changing your mind about what constitutes the paragon option that would be great. in me2 it was considered a good thing i deleted the genophage cure, now everyone's whining and arbitrary bad things will happen because of it.

It's not as bad as the fucking legion loyalty mission in me2 though that gave me paragon point for saying 'rewriting them would be totally wrong' and then many more paragon points for going a head and actually doing it.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

joviwan

#1370 Post by joviwan »

You're gonna have a "lot" of "fun" with the geth this game, I tell you what

Darksi4190

#1371 Post by Darksi4190 »

Gentleman, I wholeheartedly recommend that you play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It is the awesomest, manliest, most absurdley retro game I've played in years.

joviwan

#1372 Post by joviwan »

The game company two of my friends work at as devs are Kickstarting their next game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ke ... -commander

If anyone is interested. "A rogue-like sci-fi strategy survival game with base building, tactical combat, crew management and emergent storytelling."

Crazedwraith

#1373 Post by Crazedwraith »

yaaay, buzzwords! yaaay
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you

Darksi4190

#1374 Post by Darksi4190 »

So FF15 looks interesting, but was it absolutely necessary to make all of the characters effeminate bishies?

evilsoup

#1375 Post by evilsoup »

well it's square enix
so
yes