videojuegos

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

Re: videojuegos

#1376 Post by Darksi4190 »

I picked up Spec Ops: The Line during the most recent steam sale. Lots of people have told me it's a very well done deconstruction of what would happen if someone acted like a Modern Warfare protagonist and didn't have magic plothax bullshit on their side so everything goes horribly wrong.

Of course for every person who tells me that there's someone who says it's a clunky, poorly constructed excuse for the creator to point the finger at fans of modern military shooters and yell "SHAME ON YOU."

I'm curious to see which of those it actually is.

joviwan

#1377 Post by joviwan »

It's the first one.

Civil War Man

#1378 Post by Civil War Man »

It has its faults, but it is mostly column A. Mechanically it's just okay, and the shoehorned multiplayer mode undermines the message a bit, but it has one of the better written video game stories in recent memory.

Agent Bert Macklin

#1379 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I was going to buy Bloodborne today but I decided to get Final Fantasy Type 0 instead. The employee I spoke to at Gamestop described Bloodborne to me and I loved what he had to say, but he said its difficulty was insane. I'm now a casual gamer; I have been one for a decade. I don't think the game would go over well for me. What he described would likely lead to much frustration on my part.

I have started FF Type 0 and it is pretty cool so far. It is interesting to play a FF game that isn't turn based. This game will make it tough for me to go back to FFX when the PS4 port is released later this year.

RogueIce
#YOLO

#1380 Post by RogueIce »

Agent Bert Macklin wrote:This game will make it tough for me to go back to FFX when the PS4 port is released later this year.
They haven't done enough rereleases of FFX already?

Damn it Square where's my HD FF7?! :argh:

Agent Bert Macklin

#1381 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

RogueIce wrote:
Agent Bert Macklin wrote:This game will make it tough for me to go back to FFX when the PS4 port is released later this year.
They haven't done enough rereleases of FFX already?

Damn it Square where's my HD FF7?! :argh:
They re-released it last year on the PS3 but not the PS4.

Darksi4190

#1382 Post by Darksi4190 »

FFX that is.

Don't give him false hope. That's mean.

Gands

#1383 Post by Gands »

Darksi4190 wrote:So Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is actually really fucking awesome.

It seems like everybody except Infinity Ward is willing to try new stuff out with CoD.
That game was so dull for me that I traded it in for Battlefield Hardline.

The only part I liked was Kevin Spacey.

Dude

#1384 Post by Dude »

Yeah, my son bought it but doesn't bother playing it. CoD always took a backseat to Battlefield with us, the multi was much better. Haven't tried Hardline, any good?
-Aaron

Stofsk

#1385 Post by Stofsk »

I've heard bad things.

Gands

#1386 Post by Gands »

I'm really enjoying it. It's basically BF4, but the missions are different than usual, and the multi is good fun.

Bounty

#1387 Post by Bounty »

I've had Max Payne 3 in my Steam list for eons. Finally decided to play through it. It's better than what I remember. The environments are nicely different and the story, apart from the narration, is actually pretty interesting. Shame about the occasional bugs.

And I finished Call of Duty: World At War on Insane difficulty. Turns out you just need to be patient and figure out where the next enemy wave'll get triggered.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Bounty

#1388 Post by Bounty »

Does anyone have recommendations for a shooter from, say, the last five years that plays well and help relieve stress? Preferably something where you have to think a bit and not just run in blazing.

Oxymoron

#1389 Post by Oxymoron »

"Wolfenstein: The New Order"?

Best shooter of 2014 as far as I'm concerned.
No.

Oxymoron

#1390 Post by Oxymoron »

Recommended because I've kinda lost the drive to play most shooters, finding them boring, repetitive and a chore to play; yet Wolfenstein managed to catch my attention with actually fun combat and a surprisingly catchy story.
No.

Bounty

#1391 Post by Bounty »

I played Wolfenstein TNO and it was, indeed, a great game. I didn't care much for the 'sneak to the officer before he trips the alarm' mechanic but the rest of it was really fun. And the settings was really a labour of love.

Oxymoron

#1392 Post by Oxymoron »

Other than that I don't think I have played any shooter recently. Sorry.
No.

Oxymoron

#1393 Post by Oxymoron »

Ah, yes, maybe you can try "Shadow Warrior"? I haven't finished it, but what I have played so far is entertaining, and it isn't a game that takes itself too seriously.
No.

Bounty

#1394 Post by Bounty »

Played about 75% of the way through it before my old HDD died :-) Guess it might be fun to reinstall it and give it another go.

Darksi4190

#1395 Post by Darksi4190 »

So the trailer for the new Deus Ex is kind of interesting, but the Deus Ex series isn't one I've ever really followed.

Is it worth it to pick the old games up on steam and play through them?

Dude

#1396 Post by Dude »

The first is ok, its very clunky now. 90's conspiracy theories were far more interesting then current ones so it has that going for it.

The second? I've only played enough to realize its shit.

Human Revolution is beautiful, and has decent atmosphere, i'm a big fan of Blade Runner and HR has a lot of Blade Runner in it. Gameplay is standard FPS though and the plot is "meh"
-Aaron

Darksi4190

#1397 Post by Darksi4190 »

Next CoD confirmed as blops 3.

Color me cautiously optimistic.

adr
Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

#1398 Post by adr »

I'll certainly give blops3 a try, I think Treyarch does a decent job.

I actually don't hate AW either, but blops2 is the only one I've played that I actually like enough to own...
In the name of the moon, I will punish you!

Darksi4190

#1399 Post by Darksi4190 »

I'm just curious to see where they go with it. All the dangling plot threads from WaW/blops were wrapped up in blops2.

Crazedwraith

#1400 Post by Crazedwraith »

Finished ME3 at last. Game play was alright. Aside from those reaper enemies. Brutes, Banshees. Fuckers.

And yeah. The end of the storyline is just bad. In fact the whole overarching plot is bad. Suddenly reapers attack. We find plans for a dues ex machina on mars and decide that's the plan we're going with.

Did i miss why the reapers don't just destroy the citadel? and why they have absolutely no troops on it? Ugh.
To the Brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... Sucks to be you