Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Straha
Lecturer

Re: Lament 3: Cry Hard With A Vengeance

#101 Post by Straha »

Darksi4190 wrote:I'm not talking about losing influence or having to deal with other nations as equals. Like I said, bowing and scraping. Some days i'm truly afraid we're just going to end up as somebody else's colony or proxy.
That we're going to lose any remaining sense of pride or dignity as a nation and just have to do what somebody else says.

I'm not sure I want to live to see that.

Except America's political and social existence is based on making many many other peoples into colonies, proxies, slaves, or dead.

:america:
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

"Ethics is endless, the law is terminal." - Paul Mann

Oxymoron

#102 Post by Oxymoron »

Yeah but it's for a good cause, right ?

Right ?...
No.

Dooey Jo

#103 Post by Dooey Jo »

DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Dooey Jo

#104 Post by Dooey Jo »

"guys we have to make the tutorial force players to do things a certain way because right now some of them are doing it wrong and we can't let them progress if they do it wrong" (even though it is not wrong at all just inefficient unless you are really fast (in which case it is more efficient))

"hey some players move their fingers too slow to be able to finish some optional parts of the tutorial we should change the game mechanics only in this particular instance so they can progress easily" (ie. they are actually doing it wrong and apparently should be rewarded for it)

"right now 9 out of 10 players blablabla tutorial blabla" (sample size: four people)

:psypop:

shut up about the fucking tutorial no one gives a shit if they aren't super-experts after playing it and would just like it to end. in fact no one clearly gives enough of a fuck to actually read the fucking text. hey i know lets add a captcha and tell the players "type the middle letter of all words in the text to progress to the next part"
and you still haven't given us any playtesting data even though we have asked for it since like august. it's all about the fucking tutorial, tricking people into the dlc shop and "uhhh we can't play network games behind our ridiculously fucked up router this is unacceptable and your fault"
sure thing buddy we'll include a trojan that opens up the players' routers right away
DracuLax - when even Death can't scare the shit out of you

Darksi4190
Not a Brony (Probably lol)

#105 Post by Darksi4190 »

Straha wrote:Except America's political and social existence is based on making many many other peoples into colonies, proxies, slaves, or dead.
I've heard that argument before. We've done things that are questionable at best, terrible at worst to maintain our hegemony, therefore we deserve to be slaves to someone else, with no ability to decide our own destiny as a nation.

I didn't agree then and I don't now.

Oxymoron

#106 Post by Oxymoron »

Maybe there's some intermediate steps between ?

But yeah, I'll admit, we're so fucked in Europe, being the slaves of each-other and of the rest of the world...
No.

Straha
Lecturer

#107 Post by Straha »

Darksi4190 wrote:
Straha wrote:Except America's political and social existence is based on making many many other peoples into colonies, proxies, slaves, or dead.
I've heard that argument before. We've done things that are questionable at best, terrible at worst to maintain our hegemony, therefore we deserve to be slaves to someone else, with no ability to decide our own destiny as a nation.
No. It's not that the United States deserves to be slave to someone else as part of some eye-for-an-eye punishment. It's that the shit you're complaining about being horrific for the United States the United States does to the rest of the world on a daily basis. If you're serious about this being a bad thing then the United States needs to fundamentally change how it approaches the world (see: Drone Bombs) and come to resolve some of its big historical questions.
"Is it not part of being erotically experienced, however, to know that the desire to enter the other can lead one to the wrong entrance?" - Peter Sloterdijk

Losonti Tokash

#108 Post by Losonti Tokash »

hey guys if i become part of my country's political establishment i'll always remember straha makes the best posts

Flagg

#109 Post by Flagg »

Losonti Tokash wrote:hey guys if i become part of my country's political establishment i'll always remember straha makes the best posts
But can he make people donate to the NRA? :mario:
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Straha
Lecturer

#110 Post by Straha »

Flagg wrote:
Losonti Tokash wrote:hey guys if i become part of my country's political establishment i'll always remember straha makes the best posts
Yes.

Flagg

#111 Post by Flagg »

Straha wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Yes.
Just for that I'm donating to the NRA! WAITAMINUTE!
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

The Spartan

#112 Post by The Spartan »

Houston drivers are fucking raging incompetents.

You know it's bad when, by the time you get home, the stupidity of other drivers has you fantasizing about torture and death.

Zod
perkele

#113 Post by Zod »

The Spartan wrote:Houston drivers are fucking raging incompetents.

You know it's bad when, by the time you get home, the stupidity of other drivers has you fantasizing about torture and death.
Have you ever been to Boston?

joviwan

#114 Post by joviwan »

Boston fucking terrifies me.

Infinity Biscuit
Battering Ram of Love

#115 Post by Infinity Biscuit »

Massachusetts drivers are the safest in the country.

Driving in Boston might be scary as hell but you're less likely to crash there than anywhere else. SOMEHOW

Flagg

#116 Post by Flagg »

Massachusetts drivers suck, but not nearly as much as Washington state drivers. They all drive like old women.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

joviwan

#117 Post by joviwan »

I experienced Massachussets driving through the lense of a single person, my best friend, who may be the worst driver I've ever personally ridden with. And we went through friggen china town on christmas eve. I was *terrified*.

The Spartan

#118 Post by The Spartan »

Not since I was too young to have been the one driving.

Yesterday was just a bad day on the commute home. Not so bad that I was in a wreck or got hurt anything, just that I got home half ready to kill the next person who so much as looked at me.

So I went jogging with my dog and then sawed some wood (literally).

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#119 Post by Phantasee »

joviwan wrote:I experienced Massachussets driving through the lense of a single person, my best friend, who may be the worst driver I've ever personally ridden with. And we went through friggen china town on christmas eve. I was *terrified*.
"lens"
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Oxymoron

#120 Post by Oxymoron »

FUCKING HALLELLUJAH !!

I FINALLY managed to pass the exam that say I am qualified to hold a Driver License to my name !

I only took 6 tries and 5 failures :v
No.

Agent Bert Macklin

#121 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Congrats.

Oxymoron

#122 Post by Oxymoron »

Now to get piss drunk and drive a car to immediately lose it :v
No.

Bounty

#123 Post by Bounty »

Oxymoron wrote:FUCKING HALLELLUJAH !!

I FINALLY managed to pass the exam that say I am qualified to hold a Driver License to my name !

I only took 6 tries and 5 failures :v
4 tries, three failures over seven years :v

Congrats! Try not to hit things with people in them!
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.

Losonti Tokash

#124 Post by Losonti Tokash »

are your tests absurdly difficult or are ours absurdly easy

or perhaps both

Bounty

#125 Post by Bounty »

Dunno. I know ours are a shitload harder than some foreign tests, but with me it was mostly untreated panic attacks.
People in glass trousers shouldn't shit bricks.