Godammed SDN

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
thejester

Re: Godammed SDN

#10026 Post by thejester »

asimov's early stuff was often pretty classic 'canals on Mars' stuff...the Lucky Starr series in particular

Veef

#10027 Post by Veef »

thejester wrote:asimov's early stuff was often pretty classic 'canals on Mars' stuff...the Lucky Starr series in particular
timotei~ timotei~ timotei~ timotei~ :3

Flagg

#10028 Post by Flagg »

lol Bean is disappointed the Hound didn't almost rape Sansa on GoT.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Bakustra
Religious Fifth Columnist Who Hates Science, Especially Evolution
Location: Wherever I go, there are nothing but punks like you.

#10029 Post by Bakustra »

Akhlut wrote:Man, if someone made a movie about the jungles of Venus today and it wasn't shitty, I'd enjoy it. I mean, shit, the only person who reasonably gets the science right, ever, is James Cameron, while most directors/writers/whatever tend to be liberal arts people and thus know approximately jack and shit about most science (not that that is really a personal failing, obviously).

Also, Her Majesty's Shithead pretty much came out and said that he hates everyone darker than alabaster.

I wonder if he's one of those BNP chucklefucks.
you cant expect a boat to have a great deal of comprehension about events

anyways, an updating of gernsbackian canals-of-mars stuff with modern sensibilities would be totally boss, so the only equivalent we would get would be EXTREME and EDGY and TERRIBLE

Phantasee
I'mma let you finish

#10030 Post by Phantasee »

am i an asshole if i document my job-seeking experience in the finding a job vent thread

considering i am in one of the best places in the world in terms of immediate employment opportunities?

i feel like i'm shitting on jme2 and broomstick and anyone else that posts in it, really

i am concerned i don't feel much guilt over this

which makes me feel guilty for not feeling guilty

but only enough to post this here
My photographs: Instagram VSCO Grid

Bakustra

#10031 Post by Bakustra »

you are probably an asshole for using "job-seeking experience" seriously

but my dictionary of assholery dates from '04, so i dunno

Akhlut

#10032 Post by Akhlut »

Well, when I got a job, they all congratulated me, so I don't think they'll resent you for getting a job or something.

Akhlut

#10033 Post by Akhlut »

Jose Arcadio Bakendia wrote:you cant expect a boat to have a great deal of comprehension about events
I mean, it's one thing to say "on the whole, colonialism was bad, but it produced a mixture of effects, such as allowing for a lot of people to get quality university educations they wouldn't have otherwise got and uniting disparate peoples in their hatred for their imperialist overlords," but to out and out say "man, I miss colonialism when we were civilizing those fucking dark-skinned savages"? In 2012?

I also enjoy how I gave him a boatload (HAR!) of links after he asked for 'em about the Indian famines and he just said "lol, natural" instead of noticing how the Empire managed to prevent one famine from killing tens of millions of people and then promptly stopped doing that because it cost money.

Bakustra

#10034 Post by Bakustra »

Akhlut wrote:
Jose Arcadio Bakendia wrote:you cant expect a boat to have a great deal of comprehension about events
I mean, it's one thing to say "on the whole, colonialism was bad, but it produced a mixture of effects, such as allowing for a lot of people to get quality university educations they wouldn't have otherwise got and uniting disparate peoples in their hatred for their imperialist overlords," but to out and out say "man, I miss colonialism when we were civilizing those fucking dark-skinned savages"? In 2012?

I also enjoy how I gave him a boatload (HAR!) of links after he asked for 'em about the Indian famines and he just said "lol, natural" instead of noticing how the Empire managed to prevent one famine from killing tens of millions of people and then promptly stopped doing that because it cost money.
his username is taken from the fucking falklands war

this fucker probably glorifies the falklands war

he probably worships at the altar of maggie thatcher

right along harvey birdman

i bet he owns a fursuit too

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#10035 Post by starku »

he's just scared and needs to reassure himself with his tough no nonsense ruthless solutions

just like all people like that

Stofsk

#10036 Post by Stofsk »

Jose Arcadio Bakendia wrote:
Akhlut wrote:Man, if someone made a movie about the jungles of Venus today and it wasn't shitty, I'd enjoy it. I mean, shit, the only person who reasonably gets the science right, ever, is James Cameron, while most directors/writers/whatever tend to be liberal arts people and thus know approximately jack and shit about most science (not that that is really a personal failing, obviously).

Also, Her Majesty's Shithead pretty much came out and said that he hates everyone darker than alabaster.

I wonder if he's one of those BNP chucklefucks.
you cant expect a boat to have a great deal of comprehension about events

anyways, an updating of gernsbackian canals-of-mars stuff with modern sensibilities would be totally boss, so the only equivalent we would get would be EXTREME and EDGY and TERRIBLE
hey guise i hear that they made a movie adaptation of john carter of mars and it was fun and campy

and it also flopped because nobody went to the cinema to see it

Bakustra

#10037 Post by Bakustra »

yeah there's the "money" thing that i've heard so much about to consider

starku
UNPROVOKED CYNICISM

#10038 Post by starku »

Stofsk wrote:hey guise i hear that they made a movie adaptation of john carter of mars and it was fun and campy

and it also flopped because nobody went to the cinema to see it
probably shouldn't have spent so much on something with obviuosly niche appeal tbh

Bakustra

#10039 Post by Bakustra »

and i don't think they bothered with much marketing

i mean i'm not some sort of world traveler but all i saw were a few tv spots that did nothing to sell why john carter would be differentiated from other sci-fi/fantasy movies

nothing else

and yet disney is surprised when it fails

lol

weemadando

#10040 Post by weemadando »

The Spartan

#10041 Post by The Spartan »

Maybe he should have designed the game with superior western institutions.

Akhlut

#10042 Post by Akhlut »

So, if you cancel a project on kickstarter, do you have to give the money back?

evilsoup

#10043 Post by evilsoup »

On kickstarter, you don't get any money until the project reaches its target, on the day that you set

weemadando

#10044 Post by weemadando »

Yeah, if at the end of 30 days or whatever your timeframe is, you don't have the money, then no one pays anything. If you have met or exceeded your target then Amazon takes the payments.

Questor

#10045 Post by Questor »

Flagg wrote:lol Bean is disappointed the Hound didn't almost rape Sansa on GoT.
wut? WUT? WUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Flagg

#10046 Post by Flagg »

Mr Bean wrote:Episode 19(9 in season) was @$@$ amazing

Blackwater was great, the fighting was great. The acting from everyone was great and the substance was fantastic even if underused. No brief tastes of it before the FAE ship bomb and Bron's amazing shot. Let me just say that spending the entire episode here was a wonderful change of pace. I wish they would have modified the opening to reflect that, just a zoom in on Kings landing with slow booming drums, maybe get a view of the important gates and landmarks in Kings Landing.

There was no chain there was no wrecks and hulks fleet which is a shame and the fighting was chaotic at times. There was no almost rape by the Hound.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Agent Bert Macklin

#10047 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

I like how he loved the episode because of the splosions and not the character work.

Flagg

#10048 Post by Flagg »

Knubble tov wrote:I like how he loved the episode because of the splosions and not the character work.
Says the guy who loved Transformers 3.
CUNTS! FOR! EYES!
The Liberal Hate Machine

Darth Fanboy
has no method to his madness.

#10049 Post by Darth Fanboy »

If Flagg and Knubbs could get past the romantic tension they could make a really awesome pair in a podcast or something. The dysfunction would be sublime in its execution.

Agent Bert Macklin

#10050 Post by Agent Bert Macklin »

Flagg wrote:
Knubble tov wrote:I like how he loved the episode because of the splosions and not the character work.
Says the guy who loved Transformers 3.
I really don't know how many times I have to say this: TF3 doesn't disguise itself as anything other than a gigantic pile of action shit. It doesn't aspire to be anything more than nonsense.

GoT, on the other hand, has been quality from the start. The best thing about GoT is that the characters are engaging and wrap you into their world. They make the world believable sans the stupid magic. So, for someone who loves the series to say "Blackwater" is good because of the explosions and the battles is, quite frankly, hilarious. Cersei's scenes and the Hound committing himself to Sansa made the episode, not the battle with bullshit violence. Seeing her insecurities finally come to light was excellent, even if she had to consume alcohol to do it. She laments how she is supposed to behave given that she is a woman. She must smile and lie to her servants and say that everything is going to be fine when they aren't. She sets Sansa straight about what this battle means if Kings Landing should fall. Finally, this show has a credible theme that is expanded upon. The Hound, in all of his assholish qualities, manages to be sympathetic. But hey, ships exploded and Tyrion severed a man's lower leg with ease. Men are severed in half with one swing. Heads fall off in one swing. Totally awesome!
Last edited by Agent Bert Macklin on Tue May 29, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.